Huber Syndrome - Official Discussion Thread

• Global Moderator

Oh boy, this is an episode that definitely hits. I have been keeping a list (34 games strong currently) of all the home console games (a few extras too) I've missed since I restarted travelling back in August.

But I don't mind that I've missed the zeitgeist on these games. Sometimes that is just overstated. Right now is a good example, lots of people are enjoying Persona 5 and talking about it but at the same time it's a game that you can play in pure isolation and love.

For me, I cannot wait to get home (soooonnnn) and play The Last Guardian. It's the only game that I have to play as soon as I possibly can and then after that I'll just slowly go through the backlog depending on what game happens to be on sale or whatever I'm interested in at that time. I really feel like that's the best way to go.

Multiplayer games are a whole different beast though. They really are games that you kind of have to be in the moment of. Fortunately I can still play Overwatch and it's popular enough that I don't have to worry about but it is a bit sad that I probably won't ever play For Honor.

Anyway I've no idea if that helps in anything but boy I can't wait to dig into my backlog at my own pace. Play what you want to play.

• @tokeeffe9

I said the same about finishing university. I can't wait to play all of these video games once I finish and have time.

I have the pleasure and misfortune of being employed immediately out of exams and as it turns out, I have less time now than ever....

Good luck tho

• Global Moderator

@GoTaco Oh I am in the very same boat! I was like "time to clear up backlog!" ...after graduation I went right into work and well... even if I can afford to buy them now... I dont have time to play them as much

• @Lotias

Dude it sucks. At this rate I'll finish my games in like 3 years lol

• Everyone's in the same boat! Portable gaming has let me fill in some of my "retro" backlog, but all these 2016/17 games are piling up...

• I'm currently watching Halt and Catch Fire and I was wondering..am I crazy or did Huber mention it on Huber Syndrome or Frame Trap?

• Huber Syndrome E3 Special hype! It'll be here soon, and it'll be beautiful again. :)

• How can you not love this man? :) These E3 episodes are the best, that enthusiasm between Huber and the people is just joyous. Thanks for Don, too! And I gotta say, Brad's favourite Dragon Ball character took me by surprise.

Youtube Video

• Although I don't know if my anxiety would let me handle that many people in one place like E3, I feel relieved just knowing someone as jolly as Huber is walking around. The man dishes out soft-serve hype like he was an ice cream salesman going out of business, I love it.

• Global Moderator

The budget!

Youtube Video

Feels good, just having an episode to gather ourselves. I'm looking forward to all the games he mentioned.

Then we have SotC, the dream. I already thought about it on a daily basis, now I've something to look forward to also.

• Global Moderator

New episode is up

Youtube Video

As someone who missed out in the back half of 2016, the last 9 or so months have just been insane. Just drowning in great games :)

• Global Moderator

New Episode

Youtube Video

Huber has piqued my interest in Everybody's Golf. Sounds ridiculously jolly!

Definitely on the same boat with the 2nd half of the year. 100% will be getting Uncharted and The Evil Within 2. The big question is if I'll pick up a Switch for Odyssey which is genuinely very tempting.

• Global Moderator

Latest episode is up. Beefy one about movies. I'm ready

Youtube Video

• Global Moderator

Mostly stuffed with the bigger movies which isn't a huge surprise.

Shout out to Ian Hinck for bringing my attention to The Killing of a Sacred Lamb. I really liked The Lobster so I'll keep an eye out for this one. Also, I'd previously seen the trailer for A Ghost Story, so I'm already interested in that.

Pretty surprised Dunkirk wasn't brought up. Just came out today and has received glowing reviews. Personally, been looking forward to it for a while now.

• Global Moderator

Latest episode is up on tv shows from this year

Youtube Video

• Huber's own personal gambling history was something bigger than I had thought. He seems genuinely uncomfortable talking about it even this much. I remember that poker boom around '05 etc. We played in high school as well, even skipped class a few times, which I literally never before had done. I was hooked, I feel you Huber.

Youtube Video

• Global Moderator

This episode felt more heavy and "darker" than previous episodes. I want to give him kudos for talking about this clearly hard subject!

• Global Moderator

That's really interesting to hear just because of how relatable it is. Now I didn't have any gambling issues, whenever I played it was very much so for fun and things did definitely get out of hand at times just in regards the amount we'd play for sometimes but I always knew the line. Unfortunately others, while not necessarily playing poker that much anymore, have still kept up gambling to the extent where it's clearly an addiction.

• I was always too pissed off when I lost money to ever get addicted to gambling, but I did play poker for a while with the mindset of spending x amount of money on x amount of time of entertainment. I have watched a few of the WSP events and such and I think I enjoy gambling more when in events like that where everyone has the same buy in, and there's a fixed prize pot and payout tiers. I guess I like goals. :)

• Happy 30th birthday, Huber!