Pokemon Sun/Moon - Casual Battles

• With the impending release of Sun/Moon, I wanted to make this very specific post. The greatest memories of Pokemon for me did not involve beating the Elite 4, evolving my starter, or catching a legendary gerbil. While those moments are special, the greatest joy I had with the franchise was our 8 year old selves battling with terribly uncompetitive Pokemon.

The meta-game of Pokemon battles is incredibly intimidating, with thought out movesets, breeding, EV training... I spend way more time crafting a "competitive" Pokemon and less time actually having fun.

TL;DR - would anyone be interested in just random battles with freshly caught or simply random Pokemon? It would be fun to battle some friends without all the pressure of endgame hardcore training. Just having fun and playing around with underused or underpowered Pokemon? I just want to have casual fun again...

• I probably won't get Sun or Moon until Christmas, but this definitely sounds fun. If you haven't gotten fully trained up yet by then, I'd be happy to battle you.

• Hell yes.

• I'd be up for it but time differences in the UK could be an issue

• In my first ever time playing Pokemon Blue I caught a Marowak with the master ball and it just barely got me over the line against the elite 4 - that's still my favourite memory of pokemon so recreating those crazy plans sounds excellent.

The worldwide thing might be an issue but if you were to do it over all the gens on like a pokemon showdown thing then randomly selecting a bunch of pokemon from the same "tier" (just to stop the inevitable mewtwo v weedle mismatch) would be super fun :)

• Just went to pre-purchase the game... only to find out I didn't have room on my SD card. :(
    I ordered one online that could theoretically get here by Thursday, but it's looking like I won't be able to play day 1 with you all. This is hitting me way harder than it should. I'm terrible at adulthood.

• @naltmank Mine's arriving in the mail Friday, but I'll probably be too busy to dive deeply til next week. So no worries on my end!

• @naltmank said in Pokemon Sun/Moon - Casual Battles:

Just went to pre-purchase the game... only to find out I didn't have room on my SD card. :(
    I ordered one online that could theoretically get here by Thursday, but it's looking like I won't be able to play day 1 with you all. This is hitting me way harder than it should. I'm terrible at adulthood.

The EU release is on the 23rd so I'll be behind the curve too :(

I do have something to make up for it though. I won tickets to the launch event in London on the 22nd!

• I'm in the same boat, gotta wait until the 23rd :(

Have you guys checked the reviews?

I've been on media blackout so I had no idea there were so many changes to the core formula, and I'm trying not to read too much about it still, but this is extremely encouraging, a breath of fresh air for the series!

• @Axel Also media black out so no reviews. No spoilers please!!

• @Billy I'd be so up for this. I plan on getting it tomorrow and playing most of the weekend

• This sounds like fun. Might try later on.

• Let's exchange them friend codes!

• I'm up for this too! I know about the hardcore meta game but I just never found the time to get into it so having a more light experience is good for me.

@thenerdtheword - I'm in the UK too and I'm sure there's a few of us in the same boat so I'm good to battle!

• Friend code for myself is - 5472 6755 1994

I've added those of you with visible codes (@Billy and @Doctor-Professor) but definitely wouldn't mind having even more friends on here, especially with all the plaza stuff available to do. Barely broke down and bought Moon yesterday, so I'm still stuck in endless tutorials right now.

• @SabotageTheTruth I'll add you.

• @Billy added

• Ok, so I have @Billy, @SabotageTheTruth, and @Rayne5 added

• I still need to figure out how the heck to battle a specific person over the Internet.

Not particularly thrilled about having to engage with this Festival Plaza tomfoolery.

Could ya'll post your in-game name so I can add you to the "VIP list"? I don't know any other way to identify which of these guests may be you guys. Mine is "Billy", because I'm so creative.

• MY MEMORY CARD CAME!!!! The game is downloading as I type this!