The Game Awards Nominees

• Uncharted 4 tends to suffer from having zero competition. It's in a class of its own, and so no one really compares it to anything else.

• @Stormcrownn said:

It's in a class of its own

The Mostly Only Visually Impressive Euphoria class.

• This post is deleted!

• some awards from me but my tastes are far from mainstream

GOTY: Dark souls 3 spent over 100 hours with and got the platinum
    best narrative : uncharted 4 didnt have much competition this year from the games i played maybe banner saga as a distant second or even dark souls 3 im a lore junkie
    best art direction: i am setsuna loved the way this game looked
    best ost Dark souls 3: even thought call of duty infinite warfare surprised me
    best voice acting: troy baker, nolan north is pretty much himself with drake
    Best rpg; Dark souls 3
    best downloadable game/dlc: blood and wine
    best online multiplayer game: infinite warfare/modern warfare

• I'll watch an EZA stream if there is one but I'm not interested in this event in the slightest, mainly because I haven't played enough 2016 games haha.
    Anyway here's a list with genres copy-pasted from someone else's post. Hooray. Thoughts in bold.

Trending Gamer: Pulling for - Boogie; Predicting - Angry Joe. Joe's a name that everyone would recognise even though the memesters would vote for boogie. Personally I haven't thrown up while watching a boogie vid (yet) so he's the lesser of 5 cringes for me.
    Anticipated Game: Pulling for - Zelda; Predicting - RDR 2. Anti-Nintendo people will make sure Zelda doesn't win, but I'm hoping it pulls it off.
    Multiplayer: Pulling for - Overcooked; Predicting - Overwatch. Prediction is based on the fact that it's a multiplayer only game that's also nominated for GOTY
    Sports/Racing: Pulling for - FIFA; Predicting - FIFA. Fifa's actually a decent game to play if you're playing on the same skill level as your opponent and is the best couch game of this year for a sports fan
    Family: Pulling for - Pokemon GO; Predicting - Lego Star Wars. "Star Wars"
    Fighting: Pulling for - Anything but KI; Predicting - SF V Well duh
    RPG: Pulling for - Dark Souls; Predicting - Dark Souls. Fresh in the mind due to DLC and also being the best game in an already excellent franchise it should have no problem getting through that Entertainment Weekly shell in the discussion
    Action-Adventure: Pulling for - Uncharted 4; Predicting - Uncharted 4 Well it's going to win GOTY so it has to win this
    Action (Shooter): Pulling for - None of them; Predicting - Overwatch I've played BF1 and OW and BF1 is too broken for me to admit that I like, while I've seriously soured on Overwatch during its lifespan starting from "oh this is great and you can even play it if you don't like shooters" to a loot crate simulator with the most repetitive gameplay I've ever seen
    VR: Pulling for - Job Simulator; Predicting - Batman. Judging off the streams Job Simulator is quirky and I haven't seen enough Batman though it's going to surely win the committee's vote
    Mobile/Handheld: Pulling for - Pokemon Go; Prediction - Pokemon Go. Well duh.
    Indie Game: Pulling for - Firewatch; Prediction - The Witness. Firewatch isn't even close to my GOTY but I liked it more than The Witness and they're the only two I've played, plus it is a bloody awesome game so let it rack up them awards.
    Performance: Pulling for - Rich Sommer from Firewatch; Prediction - Either of the Firewatch duo or Nolan North. Holy crap the performance in firewatch from both people is great, and I'm a guy who hates most video game voice acting with a passion, but I'm giving the edge to the guy due to the fact that he does the character voice on top of the movement voice.
    Music/Sound Design: Pulling for - Thumper; Prediction - BF1. I have no clue who would win this but I'd like the VR game to be thrown the bone.
    Art Direction: Pulling for - Firewatch; Prediction - Overwatch. Overwatch has a cast of 20 instantly recognisable characters even with skins.
    Narrative: Pulling for - Uncharted 4; Prediction - Uncharted 4. I've only played Firewatch but it's the character interaction and not the narrative that's good about the game.
    Game Direction: Pulling for - ID; Prediction - Blizzard. Blizzard will win, but their scummy loot crate system and other weird stupid stuff makes me really dislike them. ID's got my vote for reviving what most people thought would be a dead style, though that launch was laughable.
    GOTY: Pulling for - Uncharted 4; Prediction - Uncharted 4. Of the nominees I've only played Overwatch, but I'm not nearly a big enough fan to say it's a GOTY, while I've been tentative about every ND release after the first Uncharted and they've blown me away every. single. time. so I've got no qualms about saying it's the best one on that list without touching it.

• Seems pretty obvious really. Two games heavily based on Nintendo IP's that were taken down by Nintendo are not in a show that Nintendo support.

I'm more surprised it took this long.

• I'm hopping the show will be similar in tone to the first one, then the second one.
    The first Game Awards 2 years ago had a charm or magic to it that made it feel special, with one of my favorite moments being "the passing of the cap" for Kings Quest, actually brought a tear to my eye. Where as the second one just felt like the same thing Geoff just left, minus all the Mountain Dew and Doritos

• @tokeeffe9 No this is not right, the category is fan creation, which both games are and many people love them, just because Nincenso is butthurt that some guy made a better Metroid game than they have in many years doesn't makes it okay, NoA is just being garbage as usual. I decided to not buy Pokemon anymore, at least not a new copy. Gonna get another fan creation insted that is endorsed by the actual IP owner, Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity on PSN. (which should be in the category as well but whatever, already ranted about the anti japan bias of that shitshow).

I mean I havn't bought a single Nintendo product this year so far, why start now?

• @Musou-Tensei It's possible to make a fan-game without straight-up stealing assets, though.

• Banned

RPG category is so barren they need to use Blood and Wine to fill one of the spots.

STEP YO GAME UP RPG PUBLISHERS

• On the fan creation topic, I'm on the side of removing them.

This is mostly an issue of copyright law being a bit outdated (Big surprise there) and Nintendo not really having another choice.

If they allow people to use their trademarks/copyrights, they risk losing those assets. Which is no laughing matter. If they allow those fan creations to exist, then other companies can argue in a legal setting to making pokemon games citing the fan games.

• Banned

Nintendo has to remove AM2R because they want that franchise dead.

"You no like superior Other M? Fine. No Metroid for you. Ever."

• @Art no, they released Federation Force because they wanted it dead. Then removed AM2R to have it forgotten.

• @Stormcrownn SEGA allows it, hell they even endorse fangames nowadays as long they are free, so far I havn't seen EA trying to steal their IPs.

• @Stormcrownn said in The Game Awards Nominees:

On the fan creation topic, I'm on the side of removing them.

This is mostly an issue of copyright law being a bit outdated (Big surprise there) and Nintendo not really having another choice.

If they allow people to use their trademarks/copyrights, they risk losing those assets. Which is no laughing matter. If they allow those fan creations to exist, then other companies can argue in a legal setting to making pokemon games citing the fan games.

This isnt true, if that was true they'd have to do the same to fan art and fan fiction. You will never ever lose a license because of a fans derivative work and that isnt why companies shut them down.

There are multiple examples of companies working with fan game developers both to support their fan games or to make the fan games official.

• @Stormcrownn
    I would say that you're pretty much right, but I wouldn't go after people making free fan-games. But if someone is even accepting donations for project like that, put a end on it. No one should be able to make a single cent off of your copyrighted/trademarked material in any shape or form, without legal permissions. And they would have to either create their own assets for the project, or at least clearly state, where all borrowed assets come from.

And if the game happens to be good enough, owner of the copyright should highly consider hiring that guy, and/or purchase said game from him, and officially sell that after making the final polish on the game. And once that happens, free versions should stop from being free, yet all who did download the game can keep that copy, as long as they agree not to share it.

I know all that are too complicated to actually work, because all the laws and policies and what not regarding all this, but that would be the best for pretty much all of us.

• @Musou-Tensei It's nintendo's IP. They have every right to do what they want. If anything the people who made those fan creations should of just made their own game like we have seen with something like Axiom Verge.

• @tokeeffe9 said in The Game Awards Nominees:

@Musou-Tensei It's nintendo's IP. They have every right to do what they want. If anything the people who made those fan creations should of just made their own game like we have seen with something like Axiom Verge.

They have the legal right to do it, but they also have the legal right to take down fanart, fan fiction, fanmade music remixes etc Would you support all that too?

• @Sieghardt It's their right, yes.

I'm not saying it's a good idea but they are 100% within their right to do what they want with things that represent their IP.