What games are you holding off playing?

• As consumers there are usually games we are interested in playing, but for some reason we want to wait for the perfect moment. Are there any games you're waiting to play?

For me it's The Last of Us. I didn't buy it on PS3 when it came out, and when I got my PS4 I didn't really ever feel like playing it, so I never bought it. Since then I've sold my PS4 and been without a machine to play it. I've had the strong urge to play it many times and considered watching a playthrough, but I need to play it for myself. To this day I don't know anything that happens in the plot. Currently waiting for the Neo to come around, and it's the first thing I'm going to play when I buy one.

• Firewatch. I had watched an excellent critique of the game by Satchbag (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z74nUBkMdSg) and immediately decided to download it. It sat in my library for a few solid weeks before I decided to boot it up. After 5 minutes of going through the plot set-up, I quickly turned it off. It wasn't that I disliked what I saw, I just wasn't emotionally prepared for the tragedy the protagonist had to suffer through (trying my best to avoid spoilers here). I really want to dive back in at some point but I'm weary now; on one hand, I love a video game can make me feel something that intense but on the other... I'm not sure if that's a territory I want to explore.

@Hoken, The Last of Us deserves quite a bit of the praise it received, you're in for one hell of an "experience".

• A lot of games in series. I like to play things in release order when I can, so there are a lot of classics, especially modern ones, that I haven't played yet for this reason. The odds are pretty good that if it's a recent release in a popular series I haven't played it, regardless of if I own them.

• I still need to play Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 on my ps3 but I know that they'll be extremely time consuming. Also I'm hoping for a "Complete Collection" on ps4. Should I wait or should I play them as soon as possible?

• I just recently finished Witcher 2 after owning it for 4 years and playing it very rarely.
    It didn't run well on my laptop so it came off as a less enjoyable time than the first game. Disappointed it never came out on PS3.

Now I'm trying to put off getting the Witcher 3. I want to be in a good set up before I sink my teeth into that. Maybe wait for the GOTY/Collection edition with both DLCs bundled.

• @pphair said in What games are you holding off playing?:

Now I'm trying to put off getting the Witcher 3. I want to be in a good set up before I sink my teeth into that. Maybe wait for the GOTY/Collection edition with both DLCs bundled.

Got it when it came out, and bought all the DLC. I'm at the last chapter of the core game story, will probably finish Blood and Wine at the end of next year at this rate! Going to be worth it though, best open world RPG I've ever played.

• I keep putting off Witcher 3 due to the consistent updates changing the game menus and bug and making look sleeker the before so yeah once all the updates are finished then I might give it a go.

• @SIX2SE7EN @Hoken @pphair I was putting this off too. Got the whole series on GOG during the summer sale. It took some time but it's definitely grown on me (40 hours in now). I would suggest turning on "alternate movement" (introduced in patch 1.07?) and getting the autoloot mod (if you're PC). Alternate movement makes moving indoors a lot better and autoloot makes gathering items less of a hassle (allows you to skip a step when looting). I also downloaded a "Dark Souls" control config just for kicks.

I put off the Last of Us as well. I was FINALLY going to get it for PS4 but then they announced NEO and well... yeah.

• Final Fantasy (all the numbered ones)
    Dark Souls (including Demon and Bloodborne)
    Mass Effect

I'm keen to play them one day.

• I've been very interested in playing Read Only Memories but they've apparently been constantly adding new scenes, characters, etc so I've been waiting for a "finally final" version to release so I can play through without feeling like I'm going to be missing something. Whenever that's done.

• I'm holding off on Doom and Rachet and Clank atm. I know I'll love playing both of them, but with Witcher DLC, Trials of the Blood Dragon, and a decent backlog taking up my time, I can't pencil those two games in. I'll get them soon enough though.

• Uncharted 4 for me. I never owned a PS3 so I missed the first 3 games, and played through them all in a row a couple months ago when I got The Nathan Drake Collection on PS4. By the end of the third game, I felt burned out (Uncharted 2 was clearly the highlight of the series for me). So I'd rather wait a few more months and play different games before coming back to the series!

• Rocket League, but money and a backlog are currently barriers.

• Pretty much anything that I know is going to take a long time. I have Bloodborne and Witcher 3, but I'm still nervous that I won't be able to give it the focus that it deserves. And also, as someone who is very into trophies, I know that I'll hate not getting a Platinum on a game that I know is going to be difficult. Pretty much games that I know are going to be a time investment and I want to give it the focus it deserves, Fallout 4 is another one of those.

Also older games that I haven't gotten to, like Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Last of Us, etc.

• Do not watch a plauthrough of the last of us play it yourself. One of the best games I have played. I'm holding off uncharted 4 just because I want to play 1,2,3 again before I start it. It's not easy avoiding all screenshots and mention of the game

• Need for speed: Most wanted. It's been a long time since I played a racing game, so I'm just waiting for the moment when I'll be tempted to pick it up.

• @Renton said in What games are you holding off playing?:

I still need to play Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 on my ps3 but I know that they'll be extremely time consuming. Also I'm hoping for a "Complete Collection" on ps4. Should I wait or should I play them as soon as possible?

I say go for it. The games in those collections are the final versions in terms of content and graphical improvements. I suspect little of value would be gained in a ps4 release. 1.5 and 2.5 are also pretty affordable right now, a brand new ps4 collection might even prove more costly.

• The Witcher 3. I might play it at Christmas when I'm off for 2 weeks so I can give it a good go.

• Pretty much any game with VR compatibility, I almost feel it'd be a missed opportunity to try any of them without a head mounted-display.

• @ThatMartime what do you mean? Only game that's out with VR compatibility I know about is Elite Dangerous and soon Resident Evil 7. Wouldn't really say that any of them are "definitive" in VR mode. Sounds strange to avoid them because of that.

VR-only games you can't even run without the headset, so I'm assuming that's not what you mean.