Pokemon Sun & Moon (3DS)

• I figured I'd start a separate thread for non-battle/trade related Pokemon shenanigans seeing as the release of Sun/Moon is imminent.

For instance I finally chose my starter, through the help of my daughter!

I was set on Litten for a while but I was put off by its final form so I decided to take a different approach!

• @thenerdtheword That is too adorable...

• @thenerdtheword said in Pokemon Sun/Moon:

I was set on Litten for a while but I was put off by its final form (wrestling an't really my thing).

Uhh, media blackout ruined :(
    That being said, wrestling IS my thing, so I might change my pick from Rowlet to Litten after all...

• yea littens final form turned me off however i think im gonna go with owlet

• I'm probably in the same boat. Litten was so cool, but then it had to go all bipedal on us.

• I thought both Litten and Rowlet's final evolutions were pretty ugly. Not bad as in uncreative, but just gaudy with their respective color palette.

I miss that one rumor that would have made starters really cool...

• my rank of starters

Gen 1
    Gen 3
    Gen 6
    Gen 2
    Gen 5
    Gen 4

• @FF7Cloud Switch 5 and 4 and I'm sold

• @Haru17 Which rumor is that? There have been so many, I can't keep track

• The most adorable way to pick a starter.

• Just got my copies! Lined up at the store for over an hour! Didn't expect so many people at lunch time. I'll have to offset some time at work tonight.

The worst part is I won't be able to play it until Christmas! I plan to surprise my girlfriend (and myself) with a 2DS because she's still very much into Pokemon Go. I'm hoping we foster some sort of 'Brandon Plays Pokemon' dynamic if she gets into it.

• Pokemon Sun and Moon:

Ridiculous bloom,
    Pedants hate tutorials,
    The fashion is lit.

• @Axel said in Pokemon Sun/Moon:

@thenerdtheword said in Pokemon Sun/Moon:

I was set on Litten for a while but I was put off by its final form (wrestling an't really my thing).

Uhh, media blackout ruined :(
    That being said, wrestling IS my thing, so I might change my pick from Rowlet to Litten after all...

Shit, sorry man I wasn't thinking! :( I've removed the offending bit to save anyone else from spoilage :/

Enjoy playing the game everyone while I have to wait until next Wednesday to play due to arbitrary EU release dates!

• alt text

• Global Moderator

So this is my first Pokemon game since Silver and so far I've put about 2-3 hours into it.

At the moment it's all feeling relatively familar. I guess that isn't too much of a surprise. After all the whole point of pokemon is catching and battling.

Anyway, it's nice to see the upgrade from 2D to 3D and how vibrant the game looks.

My issues/concerns so far is that I wish the whole tutorial section goes on a bit, just wish I could skip it, I don't really like the petting part of the game and I'm concerned that the game is going to be too easy.

• The tutorial goes on way too long but I think the problem goes beyond that. So far the entire beginning of the game feels like it's holding your hand way too much. I'm about 5 hours in and I suppose there's still plenty of time for it to open up but the large amount of unnecessary, flow breaking cut scenes are making the beginning so slow. Even if the game gets better I can't see myself ever starting a new game with a new team in the future just because it's so slow at the beginning. I'd rather play just about any other game in the series.

• I've been taking it slow, but about 7 hours in at this point. Enjoying it so far. I'm playing Sun. If anyone would like to add me, my Nintendo ID is 1263-6308-8492

• If I didn't make this clear before, I am constantly laughing at people who complain about tutorials. It's a kid-targeted game, to say nothing of a JRPG. Have some patience.

Nearing the end of the second island now, I really like this game. The designs are growing on me like then never did in Unova, the battles are rewarding, and the whole game feels like Pokemon has finally hit its stride. It's as if Pokemon has finally broken out of the decades-long mold it held out of either lethargy or trepidation, and in doing so has found its confidence.

• @Haru17 so the reason why I would complain about the tutorials here is because it's never been this bad in Pokémon before. They're usually straight to the point and let you go off on your adventure within the first hour. This game keeps jamming useless cutscenes and tutorials down your throats instead of letting you experience the game for yourself. It's never been a big issue in this series before, and I don't care if it's a JRPG thing or a kids game thing that doesn't make it good game design.

• I am a Sun and Moon tutorial survivor, and I just wanted to tell you guys: it gets better.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.