Bands!

• What I'm wondering is, who are your favorite bands? I don't follow many traditional bands so it'll be interesting to see what you guys bring up.

These are my favorites:

Wonder Girls (they haven't been playing instruments for long, but I think they show a lot of promise)

Gorillaz (it feels weird calling them a band when it's really like one guy collaborating with like 30 people, but whatever)

• ELO, The Bags and Saint Rage (good luck on that last one, I couldn't find them online).

• @Sazime ELO is literally my favorite band ever. All of Out of the Blue is just incredible.

Also a big Billy Joel guy, love Queen, Bowie, Clapton/Derrick and the Dominoes, Dire Straits, etc. I've also recently gotten really into Borns, Of Monsters and Men, Edward Sharpe, and a bunch of other more indie stuff. (Will update with links below).

• My favourite band is a weirdo Icelandic Math-rock band called Agent Fresco. I discovered them after I heard the singer on a song from the soundtrack to an anime called Zankyou no Terror and I've been obsessed ever since.

I'm also a massive fan of the Swedish heavy metal band Opeth, and to this day I haven't seen a concert as amazingly hosted as the one Opeth concert I've been able to go to. They're performing a full on Sydney Opera House show next year and I can't imagine how amazing that would be.

(loud, might catch you off guard)

• Global Moderator

If we talk about bands rahter than artists themself, I have like 3 or 4 I follow.

A Day To Remember - Pop punk band I have followed for many years that recently released a new album

Millencolin - A Swedish skatepunk band which I also keep near and dear to my heart which got many old classics

Bring Me the Horizon - British metal band. remeber seing them live like 09 and were like "these are awesome!" and followed ever since

• I think I might have posted this in another thread, but here we go!

Tool - Rock/metal band that might be my favorite of all time, and extremely influential to me as a musician.

To name a few more.. Foo Fighters, Green Day, Nirvana, Fugazi, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Deftones, Breaking Benjamin, Off With Their Heads (shitty punk band), Against Me, System of a Down

• My top 2 are not super interesting, but they are amazing and I have been listening to them my entire life without getting tired of 'em.

Journey

Queen

B'z

Currently been kinda obsessed with Postmodern Jukebox, though that's different artists.

I tend to like more songs or soundtracks, then bands as a whole.

• My favorite band of all time is probably Bathory, and Blind Guardian is another band that is very important to me.

But most recently the bands I listen to the most are probably Amesouers, Imperium Dekadenz, Moonsorrow adn Peste Noire

And aside from that I've been listening to a lot of game soundtracks recently, particularly Persona 3, and random anime intro's that I like.

• strange type of music but i enjoy it hehehe.

• I guess the ones I find to be the most consistent in terms of quality are.

Lazerhawk
    Overdrive
    Distress Signal
    A Promise

Dark Tranquility
    Wonders at your feet
    Misery's Crown
    Fabric

VNV Nation
    Primary
    Illusion
    Standing

Masterplan
    Heroes
    Sail On
    Crimson Rider

Disturbed
    Stupify
    Stricken
    Vengeful One

The Birthday Massacre
    Red Stars
    Kill the lights
    Calling

• @bard91 I always feel amazed when people outside of Finland mention Finnish bands like Moonsorrow, as they're not one of the "mainstream bands" from Finland (such as Nightwish, Children of Bodom, Apocalyptica and HIM). I approve.

Anyhow, I do like me some heftier music every once in a while, and Turmion Kätilöt is just... Insane for a lack of a better word :D

But I usually listen to more positive music to keep me happy, stuff like Scooter, Swedish House Mafia etc.

• @jipostus I think that may be mostly do to the fact that most people are not really into metal, like really really into metal it's what I mean, cause those bands for a lot of people I know through music tastes are not very highly regarded (although I think the Wishmaster album is spectacular).

From people in my circle of friends related to metal, I know that at least the following bands are well known by most

Swallow the Sun
    Wintersun
    Amorphis
    Impaled Nazarene

And those are the ones I can think of right now that I remember are from Finland.

Another one that I love, but that from what I've seen is much less now is Eternal Tears of Sorrow

• I don't really listen to music music outside of soundtracks these days haha

• This post is deleted!

• Sharing some music love from the UK.

These New Puritans

Foals

The Horrors

Metronomy

Bloc Party

• A few of my favorites include...

AFI -

Circa Survive -

The Cure -

HIM -

Marilyn Manson -

• @Faaip said in Bands!:

I think I might have posted this in another thread, but here we go!

Tool - Rock/metal band that might be my favorite of all time, and extremely influential to me as a musician.

To name a few more.. Foo Fighters, Green Day, Nirvana, Fugazi, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Deftones, Breaking Benjamin, Off With Their Heads (shitty punk band), Against Me, System of a Down

They are also my favorite of all time and I can see even your username is Tool inspired :). I haven't been listening for a while but that's probably because it's taking them quite a while to come up with a record. But I'm not complaining, it's ready when it's good not it's good when it's ready like Adam Jones has put their process.

• @Ivanhoe I go through phases listening to them as well. Their album is by far my most (or only) anticipated upcoming release.. 2017 is the year though, I can feel it!!

• Top 5 bands for me right now:

Deerhunter:

The Drones:

Pile:

Women:

Unfortunately now defunct, lives on somewhat in the band Preoccupations, but not nearly as good.

Liars:

• @MONACA Deerhunter is on my bucket list of bands to see, love those fellas dearly.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.