The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

• @ezekiel said in The Last of Us Part II (PS4):

Report him for what? I've posted this elsewhere without people getting "incited."

@Ezekiel - You have absolutely no interest in this game or studio,

Clearly.

alt text

I own the lot as well and have had the same assumptions upon commenting negatively about this game.

• @ezekiel
    Why a European copy of Uncharted 2?

• @dmcmaster said in The Last of Us Part II (PS4):

@ezekiel
    Why a European copy of Uncharted 2?

Because I returned to Germany for four years in my twenties.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Mod Note - Deleted other content, left on topic comment

Did anybody play the Factions multiplayer from the original game? I remember it being a lot of fun and am kind of sad that it won't be in the game at launch. I understand Sony has been pushing for having an incredibly strong first party singleplayer library, but I just feel having a good multiplayer component would have rounded out the game a bit better.

• This post is deleted!

• Global Moderator

Mod Note - Stop derailing the topic. @Ezekiel I'll DM you.

• @el-shmiablo said in The Last of Us Part II (PS4):

Mod Note - Deleted other content, left on topic comment

Did anybody play the Factions multiplayer from the original game? I remember it being a lot of fun and am kind of sad that it won't be in the game at launch. I understand Sony has been pushing for having an incredibly strong first party singleplayer library, but I just feel having a good multiplayer component would have rounded out the game a bit better.

I have all of the Trophies in TLOU:R on PS4 except for ‘Fully Upgrade All Of Joel’s Weapons’. In my pursuit of Platinum in 2014, I think Factions jumped into my Top 5 all time multiplayer games. It cured that itch for tactical but not twitchy multiplayer that doesn’t exist anymore. I can wait for the new version though.

I’m replaying TLOU as of last night. Probably 4 playthroughs of this game and I keep getting more and more critical of it as I keep replaying it. The beginning just drags on for sooooo long and a lot of the post-apocalypse quarantine ‘smuggler’ narrative is extremely dry. Gameplay wise, this game is endlessly fun but I hope TLOU Pt II gets away from tropes since the world and characters are already established. I just can’t wait to get to Bill’s Town / Pittsburgh every time I touch this game and I haven’t even touched it since 2015.

Another observation - the animation was mind blowing in 2013 and is still quite great, but the leap from TLOU to Uncharted 4 is night and day. Naughty Dog keeps pushing the bar higher and higher for animation that I can’t believe in the 3-4 years between TLOU and UC4, the animation got that much better. Now I’m reading that the animation in TLOU Pt II is world class but took an extra year because of all the junior hires who needed a ton of revisions. This degree of high quality animation much be unsustainable without a high quality full time staff.

Regardless, I’m pre-ordering TLOU Pt II today so I can hopefully get it Day 1 knocks on wood

• Just 1.5 month more...

Youtube Video

• @scotty This is great news, I has been blocking ND stuff on all social medias so I can't watch this before you shared it here.

• Tried watched the video and the Chrome blocker worked so that's good.

Just curious, but what's the best course of action to try and get TLOU Part II to my doorstep ASAP when it releases in June? Last time I pre-ordered a game on Amazon was Dark Souls Remastered which delivered 4 days after launch but I assume that's because its Bandai Namco. Is Amazon (Canada) reliable for pre-orders?

• @bam541

I don't use social media for ages and times like this are bonus for me because social media is the easiest place to get spoiled. Yeah, I saw the headline, went to ND's twitter and they even put ''Beware of the spoilers in comment section'' while sharing this on twitter. Also, they closed the comment section on the video.

Another news is game is still going strong in sales and near the top in PS4 games at amazon.

• @dipset
    Amazon is hit and miss with deliveries especially now, if anything just get it digitally then snag a physical copy on sale sometime later (like I just did with the baby edition of Death Stranding for $60)

• It's hilarious to see the "community" that is "complaining" about the game not realize how insular they are.
    Like people really out here saying the game is going to flop.
    I'm calling fastest selling PS4 game ever.

• @dmcmaster

Yeah, having it digital for now is the guaranteed way to play at launch.

• @scotty
    Hell everything I've ordered lately Amazon or otherwise is taking about 4-9 days longer then usual.

• Ugh! Going digital makes tooooo much sense. Maybe I should just save the bookshelf space and bite. I did upgrade to 150mbps internet speed so I may as well christen it by playing TLOU Pt II Day 1.