The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

• @phbz
    You damn synthomaniacs, your ruining music, along with thoese mumblebumblers.

• @ozymandsss Nothing came off as spoilery to me in that trailer, so I would say you should be good to watch it.

• This post is deleted!

• I just watched the trailer and it was all very vague so it just upped my anticipation. @Ozymandsss

Gotta say, I love the Part II moniker. After digesting the ending and events of TLOU, including picking through all of the collectibles and getting the most coherent backstory I was capable of ingesting, I really stood strongly by it being a complete game and complete narrative - beginning, middle, and ending are all fulfilled and a sequel may be unnecessary.

TLOU 1 SPOILER - But I felt like there was enough evidence there that Joel thought the Fireflies were full of shit, and I also think Ellie could tell he was lying through his teeth when he told her there was nothing they could do. Fact is that the ending is up for interpretation so I won't die on that hill, but I definitely didn't think the ending constituted a sequel. It just felt complete as-is.

That said, and I can't put a finger on it, but something about what I've seen makes this Part II line feel justified. Not that TLOU 1 had loose ends, but even this most recent trailer, to me, alludes that perhaps Ellie is incomplete as a person despite the original having a narrative that wraps up. I'm not sure if Joel is the type of person who needs completeness as an older man who has seen it all, but I also got the vibe that he has more to say.

Again, I don't know how to put this into words but I'm happy this series is continuing despite the first game wrapping up well and my assumption is that the 'Part II' title will help unify the two games as an extended package rather than tagging on another unjustified call to action like many sequels do.

• What an incredible trailer.
    For anybody wondering if it has spoilers in it, nah, it's pretty tame in that regard. At least none of the leaks seem to be present in the trailer.

I was going to wait to play this game, since I generally try to wait a year or so before playing games to avoid shitty launches, glitches, etc, but the reaction to everything, both negative and positive about this game recently also has me thinking maybe I should hop in from the jump.

• Global Moderator

@sheria Don't use slurs. Just don't.

• TLOU II got a limited edition PS4 Pro, and it's pretty sick. I will consider anyone who buys this as having good taste... and also a rich weirdo because whywouldyoubuythissoclosetothenewconsolesrelease, I can't underst- I mean, I'm not gonna judge.

• That is a pretty dang sexy console if I do say.

• Checking the Behind the scenes video and hearing them talk about multilayered systems and more emergent gameplay makes me feel hopeful. Plus whole sections of the game being possible to miss entirely, another thing I love.

Not the biggest ND fan but I have a really good feeling about this one.