The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

• @CGamor7
    Every cutscene in MGS5 is done in one take, no cuts till the scene is done. I think a technique like that could add a bit to something like TLoU, maybe not for every scene but a few.

• @DMCMaster See now this is something i'd love to see. A one take, no cut approach, with Naughty Dog storytelling? I'm in!

• @FF7Cloud said in The Last of Us 2:

i hope theres not a sequel the story had a good ending for me

but im not a super fan thought i didnt think the games was this masterpiece everyone else does

This is a really interesting angle. Does that story need a sequel? Is it better to strike out in a new direction? Different characters, setting, etc....

For me, i'm too invested in Joel and Ellie. I want to see what happens next.

• @Haru17 I agree with that, I definitively think they have a very different idea of how to make a compelling game narrative from mine, and it's fine if other people enjoy it, but I feel that my criticism towards their games is completely fair and the way the try to provoke reactions in the player (specially in Uncharted) is a really cheap.

• @Klinjon I would also argue that The Last of Us really doesn't need a sequel, the game had a really satysfing ending to me, so I don't think it would really be necessary.

• @bard91 said in The Last of Us 2:

@Klinjon I would also argue that The Last of Us really doesn't need a sequel, the game had a really satysfing ending to me, so I don't think it would really be necessary.

This seems to be a sentiment gaining traction. There is definitely something to be said for telling a complete story and leaving it alone. However, TLOU had me hooked in a way that I hadnt felt about a video game story since Ocarina of Time. It's a tough call! Even if it does get announced, I cant imagine it would hit stores until 2018 at the earliest..

• As somebody who has played TLOU 3 or 4 times, the only reason to replay SP is because of the story and some good moments. It NEEDS more survivalist gameplay and close quarter intensity imo.

• I don't think the game needs a sequel either, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be excited for one.

For the record, I expect TLOU 2 to release Spring 2019.

• @GoTaco said in The Last of Us 2:

As somebody who has played TLOU 3...

Dude, how's the future?

• @TokyoSlim

Dude they colonize space then the spores learn to adapt in space and start killing people there too. Game is fire!!

• @Kaminski said in The Last of Us 2:

I'd want less cinematic moments and more focus on the incredible, dynamic gameplay. Open up the exploration and world even more.

I'm fine with the cinematic moments, but I do agree on opening up the exploration, nothing more frustrating in the original than trying to sneak around but really only having a linear path. I have a gun and maybe something like an axe, why can't I break down a wooden door or even a wall?

• @GoTaco That's intense. Space fungus is terrifying.

• @TokyoSlim said in The Last of Us 2:

@GoTaco That's intense. Space fungus is terrifying.

And just so darn itchy. The Last of Us 2: Topical Cream Edition.

• @Alex840 said in The Last of Us 2:

I don't think the game needs a sequel either, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be excited for one.

For the record, I expect TLOU 2 to release Spring 2019.

I reckon it gets announced as releasing Summer 2018, and then delayed till 2019. Naughty Dog like the slow burn, and frankly i'd rather they take their time.

• I want more time to have passed and Ellie is all grown up. She has to find out somehow and hate Joels guts for it.

I honestly don't know if I want a sequel. I want more, but I'm not sure it can be expanded upon in a meaningful way. It ended in such a beautiful manner that it could be spoilt by being built upon.

• @DMCMaster Are you able to explain what that is? Im not familiar with cinematography. Ill probably have a better understanding once i can visualize what your talking about.

• @CGamor7
    I'll try to make this as simple as possible, but essentially every tine the camera changes angles that is a cut, like say we get a close up giving a look at someone's face, before the camera then cuts to a shot behind the character giving us a look at what they are seeing.
    A tracking shot however is one long take, the camera will move and rotate between different characters, but at no point does it do a hard cut from one person to another.
    Take the opening from Spectre, it's just one long tracking shot.
    Youtube Video

• @DMCMaster ahhhh ok, not sure there was need for trying to make that simple :relieved: now that you explained it, it makes sense, thanks! :) Im not sure i have a preference with how they use the camera, but ive never payed attention. Next im i play a game with cutscenes ill remember this conversation and maybe have more of an opinion on it.

• @Klinjon said in The Last of Us 2:

@TokyoSlim said in The Last of Us 2:

@GoTaco That's intense. Space fungus is terrifying.

And just so darn itchy. The Last of Us 2: Topical Cream Edition.

"2 Last 2 Furious Itching"

• @CGamor7
    So you see what I mean about how a few tracking shots could be used well for TLoU?

As a quick aside I hate the big reveal from Bioshock, probably the biggest example of a cutscene that could have been so much better if it kept the HUD up during it.