The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

• @Klinjon I would also argue that The Last of Us really doesn't need a sequel, the game had a really satysfing ending to me, so I don't think it would really be necessary.

• @bard91 said in The Last of Us 2:

@Klinjon I would also argue that The Last of Us really doesn't need a sequel, the game had a really satysfing ending to me, so I don't think it would really be necessary.

This seems to be a sentiment gaining traction. There is definitely something to be said for telling a complete story and leaving it alone. However, TLOU had me hooked in a way that I hadnt felt about a video game story since Ocarina of Time. It's a tough call! Even if it does get announced, I cant imagine it would hit stores until 2018 at the earliest..

• As somebody who has played TLOU 3 or 4 times, the only reason to replay SP is because of the story and some good moments. It NEEDS more survivalist gameplay and close quarter intensity imo.

• I don't think the game needs a sequel either, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be excited for one.

For the record, I expect TLOU 2 to release Spring 2019.

• @GoTaco said in The Last of Us 2:

As somebody who has played TLOU 3...

Dude, how's the future?

• @TokyoSlim

Dude they colonize space then the spores learn to adapt in space and start killing people there too. Game is fire!!

• @Kaminski said in The Last of Us 2:

I'd want less cinematic moments and more focus on the incredible, dynamic gameplay. Open up the exploration and world even more.

I'm fine with the cinematic moments, but I do agree on opening up the exploration, nothing more frustrating in the original than trying to sneak around but really only having a linear path. I have a gun and maybe something like an axe, why can't I break down a wooden door or even a wall?

• @GoTaco That's intense. Space fungus is terrifying.

• @TokyoSlim said in The Last of Us 2:

@GoTaco That's intense. Space fungus is terrifying.

And just so darn itchy. The Last of Us 2: Topical Cream Edition.

• @Alex840 said in The Last of Us 2:

I don't think the game needs a sequel either, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be excited for one.

For the record, I expect TLOU 2 to release Spring 2019.

I reckon it gets announced as releasing Summer 2018, and then delayed till 2019. Naughty Dog like the slow burn, and frankly i'd rather they take their time.

• I want more time to have passed and Ellie is all grown up. She has to find out somehow and hate Joels guts for it.

I honestly don't know if I want a sequel. I want more, but I'm not sure it can be expanded upon in a meaningful way. It ended in such a beautiful manner that it could be spoilt by being built upon.

• @DMCMaster Are you able to explain what that is? Im not familiar with cinematography. Ill probably have a better understanding once i can visualize what your talking about.

• @CGamor7
    I'll try to make this as simple as possible, but essentially every tine the camera changes angles that is a cut, like say we get a close up giving a look at someone's face, before the camera then cuts to a shot behind the character giving us a look at what they are seeing.
    A tracking shot however is one long take, the camera will move and rotate between different characters, but at no point does it do a hard cut from one person to another.
    Take the opening from Spectre, it's just one long tracking shot.
    Youtube Video

• @DMCMaster ahhhh ok, not sure there was need for trying to make that simple :relieved: now that you explained it, it makes sense, thanks! :) Im not sure i have a preference with how they use the camera, but ive never payed attention. Next im i play a game with cutscenes ill remember this conversation and maybe have more of an opinion on it.

• @Klinjon said in The Last of Us 2:

@TokyoSlim said in The Last of Us 2:

"2 Last 2 Furious Itching"

• @CGamor7
    So you see what I mean about how a few tracking shots could be used well for TLoU?

As a quick aside I hate the big reveal from Bioshock, probably the biggest example of a cutscene that could have been so much better if it kept the HUD up during it.

• @DMCMaster Games are one big tracking shot if you think about it (see: Nier: Automata).

I like cuts, personally. It allows for creative visual storytelling. I want to see more of their like in the medium — and not just the Mass Effect face/face cut either.

• @Haru17
    True, and I'm fine with normal editing techniques, in fact I prefer it given the scenario of the scene.

• @GoTaco said in The Last of Us 2:

@Klinjon said in The Last of Us 2:

@TokyoSlim said in The Last of Us 2:

"2 Last 2 Furious Itching"

Tagline: "So you think you know Fungus? You ain't seen nothing yet..."

• @DMCMaster said in The Last of Us 2:

@CGamor7
    So you see what I mean about how a few tracking shots could be used well for TLoU?

As a quick aside I hate the big reveal from Bioshock, probably the biggest example of a cutscene that could have been so much better if it kept the HUD up during it.

The problem with that bioshock sequence for me was pacing. Too much staring at underwater buildings. I could see Naughty Dog utilising this sort of thing in a prolonged torture / interrogation sequence, like with Joel and the two Hunters near the end. That scene was grim!