The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

• @scotty While I too miss the more melee focus of RE4 and 5, I also think the remakes have more dynamic combat in that regard. Whereas in 4 and 5 you would literally repeat the same actions of stun>run up>melee into knockdown state>ground finisher, 2 has me picking and choosing encounters.
    Like you legit don't need more than a single round to dispatch most enemies in 4 and 5, because you can almost always finish them with melee cheesing after the initial stun and knockdown.

• @el-shmiablo

I started to play REs with remake of the second so I don't know about 4 and 5 but after Part II, I even felt more annoyed about not being able to crush their heads when they are crawling; it was annoying while playing it a year ago but now it has doubled down. I'm also not expecting Part II level of melee combat focus but I hope we can do more than just swing our -not so effective- knife.

• I'm pretty sure it will be the best selling exclusive of PS4.

• So awhile back I mentioned I was going to make a video review of TLOUpt2, that hasn't been completed yet because as I've found out I don't know how to talk into a microphone properly (and have trouble killing/ muting some background noise), and I might have hit a wall in the form of my own writing/ speaking abilities not quite being up to snuff for something like TLOU2 just yet. So I put TLOU2 on the back burner, working on some smaller things to get accustomed to things (speaking mostly) and getting my thoughts more organized after a second play thru at some point soon-ish. That said there was one thing I finished that being a simple short intro (just spliced footage, nothing fancy) but figured I'd post it and see anyones thoughts on it
    Youtube Video

• I just finished the game a couple of days ago. I've definately given the game a bit of stick leading up to its final release but having now played the game from start to finish I must admit to having a really good time with TLoU2.

The gameplay was solid and the level of exploration available was spot on for me, it allowed just enough freedom to wander off and immerse yourself more in this mostly abandoned world and avoided turning yet another game into an unnecessary sandbox. The story definately has its problems but I already knew it all from the leaks anyway.

I still can't stand the Director but I can't lie that they've at least delivered a solid good game here. It's a 7.5 from me and I'm glad I gave it the time.

• @dmcmaster

Hey man. I feel you. I actually have editing experience and all that and I still struggled to make a half decent video about Life Is Strange that I lost motivation to ever finish. The big hurdle besides neighbours having blow out screaming fights in Portuguese, was how laaaaaaame my voice was. I don't sound that lame in real life but in this video I sounded extremely laaaaaaaaaame.

The radio voice is a hard nut to crack. I'll send my unfinished video to you privately if it makes you feel any better.

• @dipset
    It's more so that I've never really heard my own voice, well haven't heard it since puberty if that makes sense. Like to me my voice sounds a bit higher pitch then it actually is, then I listen back and it sounds way, way deeper. I also have trouble not sounding like I'm reading off a script I have that sorta focused voice from school if that makes sense?

Although like I said I'm going to do some other smaller videos to get some experience (THPS, Samurai Jack, and maybe Avengers) and get used to making videos. Sadly mother nature is making it a bit hard with lighting storms pretty much every 6-12 hours. Hell my Samurai Jack video was half finished before a Power outage knocked it out (and I forgot to save it) might still make it just not as fleshed out as I had done it originally.

• Just finished up Downtown Seattle.
    Already enjoying this game way more than I ever enjoyed the first one. Also, this shit is absolutely next gen graphically. I bought and played RDR2 around the same time and it the character models looked almost amateurish in comparison.

• @bam541

Still didn't play RE3 remake but unfortunately it spoiled mostly for me because of YouTube.