The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

• @TokyoSlim said in The Last of Us 2:

Ellie is the spirit of vengeance that Joel can't control, he decides to help her track down and kill all the fireflies.

But, at the end of the game, you find out he's been infected and the goal of the game was to kill or infect all the remaining humans on earth, so that he and Ellie really were "the last of us". Then you find out that Ellie died years ago and he's been imagining her this entire time. He cracked and had been roaming around slaughtering settlements and safe zones in his grief. As he starts to turn, nobody is left alive to care. THE LAST OF US Part II.

WOAH. I can imagine Huber reading this and saying "Heavvvvvvvy!" or "Setting... THE TONE" haha

• I've watched the trailer like eight times. So classy, and so wonderfully understated. An extremely strong way to end PSX 2016. That music choice was sublime, and i love that Troy, Neil, Ashley etc.. have all said: "Trust us, because no-one loves these characters more than we do".

• @Klinjon Cozy...

• You know what? Ellie and Joel ARE cozy — for murdering psychopaths, that is. Just a great ol' sack of abandonment issues and dead daughter angst.

• Banned

Goddamn Naughty Dog, your character animations make other devs look like incompetent morons. Especially in comparison to Bethesda and Bioware.

• Holy shit, I tell you. Look at these animations. Almost too real, the way everything reacts. Talking about feeling the kill, hnnngh. Ridiculously stunning in so many ways.

Youtube Video

• Like ... holy shit that looked good.

It was hard to believe some of those moments were actual gameplay, and I would love to just see how it actually plays because damnnnnn

• @bard91 THE ANIMATIONS MAN

• I cannot wait to hear some impressions. The area looked massive which is exactly what I was hoping for after The Lost Legacy.

• I feel like I have a better understanding of what Death Stranding is about than I do this game.

• Never have i ever seen such flow in gameplay, and that level of attention to detail. Everything from the pumping soundtrack to Ellie picking out that arrow from her shoulder. I had a hard time believing the cut from cinematic to gameplay, it was that good. Tears started actually rolling down my eyes. This was definitely the game of the show for me, and i don't just say that because tlou1 is my favorite game. I was leaning towards Cyberpunk or AC: Odyssey but then this amazing show took place.

The only thing i missed was that release date. But im sure we'll get it at pgw or psx.

• Tomb Raider Boss Apologizes for Calling The Last of Us Gameplay "Fake"

I almost don't want to buy Shadow of the tomb raider because of this but 1 guy doesn't represent hundreds of people making that game.

• Banned

@a7x458 I think maybe they are just pissy about telling Cory Barlog that making a game with zero cuts was stupid and impossible, only for him to go and make one of the best games of the generation.

• Multiplayer confirmed, Factions returns. Really liked it the last time, super intense.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-last-of-us-part-2-will-have-multiplayer-naught/1100-6459784/

• @sentinel-beach Not surprising but heck yes. I cannot wait to get back into the MP of in TLOU. I'm really looking forward to seeing if they add any new modes to it.

• @a7x458

I love that the Naughty Dog animator turned it into mild promo where he sits down for an interview and explains how they’ve been working on seamless transitions between gameplay and cinematic. It’s like he was ready with the rebuttal.

Also, super excited for the multiplayer to return. The Last of Us MP is the only competitive MP I’ve enjoyed in years. It has that tactical third person feel to it that almost no games have anymore. There was a mild learning curve that required you to build your skill set. It was almost ruined by pay-to-win micro transactions and I hope to god that Sony doesn’t pull that bs again.

• Here's an analysis of the amazing animations in the demo by an animator.

Youtube Video

• I wonder if multiplayer will have facebook integration again.

• Banned

What do I want?

Remove the heavy aim assist. I should be able to disable it completely if I wish. Why can I do this in Uncharted but not in TLoU. I can still see the heavy aim assist in this new trailer.

Make Ellie bi. Just my preference. I rarely see bi women in popular media these days. Always straight or gay.

Good AI. This trailer was obviously so scripted. I also want more kinds of infected. Have the virus evolve. The clicker isn't really an interesting enemy. It gets old, just moving slowly and being in no real danger. The tension very quickly wears off.

• Global Moderator

Im about to start a playthrough of the first game, I havent played it since PS3, so will be interesting to revisit it and see how it has aged. This will also give me more of an idea of what I will want from a second game.