The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

• No need for lamps when there isn't electricity outside of quarantine zones.

Buuuut can you blow out candles?

• @phbz Fucking Neil Druckman pushing the liberal agenda

• @capnbobamous #turnthelightsoff

• God damn it, no lamp shooting, what the hell are we supposed to shoot at now, water

• Getting excited out here. So excited I might pull a Huber and buy a fresh controller for this game. I haven't done that since God of War III. Nothing like a fresh controller to christen a new game.

• @dipset The limited edition controller look pretty dope...
    alt text

• Which looks best? These are my options due to Covid. I'm leaning "Magma Red" because the last time I bought a new controller just for one game was a red DS3 for GoWIII.

0_1591932545117_627e7e6a-46b8-4595-88a2-2d1d7a041b18-image.png

• Sitting at a 95 Metacritic. This might sound stupid, but tears welled seeing that. All the leaks combined with the negativity surrounding the game (though I knew it was likely unfounded) severely killed my hype for the game. Combine that with the fears I already had, and I was very worried this game wouldn't live up to the task. Now I can't wait for next week.

• After getting a good look, it reminds me of Rise of the Tomb Raider more than anything else. That's a good thing in my book.

• @dipset Magma looks great, IMO.

@Capnbobamous 95 average is crazy, the folks at ND must be shitting themselves right now. I already pre ordered it and intend to blast through it, let's see how it goes.

• @bam541 said in The Last of Us Part II (PS4):

The limited edition controller look pretty dope...

more like lazy

it reminds of when Nintendo did literally nothing to their limited edition smash bros joy-con for the Switch except put the smash bros logo lines through it. that looks like a normal PS4 controller with a leaf on it. yay.

• @yoshi I just like the subtlety and simplicity of it, no need to get gung ho on the design, IMO. I think it has way more effort to it than that dreadful Smash controller, lol.

• @bam541 said in The Last of Us Part II (PS4):

I think it has way more effort to it than that dreadful Smash controller

how?

it's grey with a leaf. not much effort at all just like the smash bros cross wasn't much effort. yay.

• @yoshi ah sorry, I didn't mean to say more effort. It just looks better to me, I think it's more fitting considering the vibes of TLOU. I would expect the Smash controller to be more crazier than just a simple sticker add on.

• One week to go and the reviews are absolutely insane. From what I've gathered this'll really hit you. Basically a "feels bad" game done in a superb way. Make sure to take a break and hug your pet every once in a while or something. With no pet I guess I'll have to hug my neighbor, I'm sure they'll understand when I explain it.

• This is a great, spoiler-free article for those of us who were unable to avoid the leaks.

• Turns out

Jak shows up thru a portal with a cure

• Going through and reading these review synopsis' on Metacritic. So many are saying things like, Naughty Dog has outdone themselves; Naughty Dog has built upon their formula and pushed it further; this is Naughty Dog's best game to date; this is the best game of the generation. And I'm out here thinking how a game could possibly be better than Uncharted 4? Does Ellie get in a fight in a Panamanian prison yard?

I liked one line in that Washington Post article. He essentially says TLOU Pt II isn't as concerned with its world. I'm thrilled to read that. On repeat playthoughs of TLOU, I don't need to go into detail about the quarantine zones, and the ethos of the Fireflies. It's all second fiddle to the character bonds so I'm glad they dialed into that instead.

• I've personally seen all of the leaks and I must admit I'm someone who no longer wants to buy it. I found the initial LoU to be mediocre at best but the narrative of the sequel I already dislike as well as the treatment of the main characters.

• @sheria said in The Last of Us Part II (PS4):

I've personally seen all of the leaks and I must admit I'm someone who no longer wants to buy it. I found the initial LoU to be mediocre at best but the narrative of the sequel I already dislike as well as the treatment of the main characters.

sher, you should get Doom Eternal instead. its masterpiece.