Game Sleuth - Official Discussion Thread

• It's finally here! Produced by Michael Damiani, voiced by Brandon Jones, and edited by Don Casanova, it's Game Sleuth! The spiritual successor to the acclaimed Pop Fiction.

Latest Episode

Youtube Video

YouTube Playlist

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwa6fmqvU-4H6MzGlSKxB18jrs6wTJDW8

• Even though I actually enjoyed the video and the initiation of the series loved by many I... I just haven't played Ocarina of time hehe

• @SIX2SE7EN stop whatever youre playing right now, and get it. N64, Gamecube, Virtual Console, or 3DS. PLAY IT.

• Great episode! I really liked Pop Fiction and I'm glad to see the concept return

• Damn good stuff, Damiani.

• I never watched Pop Fiction back on GT but I gave this a go and I am impressed. The amount of time put into researching and testing the multiple theories out must have been enormous!

• I'm so happy I got to see this early during the E3 stream last week. Awesome episode! Looking forward to more :)

Has Damiani said what is going to be on the next episode?

• Yet another solid series under EZA channel... Just gotta love these guys... Yeah, this show isn't the most "original" or whatever, but it is well presented, although you might want to do something about those somewhat colorful graphics, as they might cause epilepsy to those who are sensitive... Just saying... But other than that, it's great. Looking forward to see more.

• So, I think I understood from the intro to the show, but is it only for older games? From theories and rumors about games before everything was known by the internet. I guess this is kind of Damiani's style. Because, I would mind him delving into lesser known things in modern games that he finds interesting, like those elaborate Easter eggs in COD zombies. (Bad example, Damiani would never do it and I wouldn't watch it) but you get what I'm implying.

• I love Pop Fiction and now Game Sleuth. I'm amazed at the amount of research and technical detail Damiani goes through. A lot of these myths, rumors, whatever, I've never even heard of. I mean, he must dig really deep through forums, fan sites, and message boards to even find some of the ones he did for PF. It's like he's pulling the veil on a part of gaming culture that I'm totally unaware of. I really enjoyed the Zelda Fire Temple Chants episode, I hope the next one deals with some creepy stuff again (or at least for Halloween).

• I'm overjoyed this type of show is back. :D Excellent first episode too!

• I've seen this in a couple comments on YouTube, but wanted to bring it up here, too. The red and blue flash transition definitely causes some eye strain for me, and I don't believe I have any form of epilepsy (here's hoping I don't!). It does the same thing to my eyes as that infamous Porygon episode of the Pokemon anime, if you're familiar with that. Maybe changing that transition to be more desaturated, or like TV static, could work and achieve the same glitchy style to the edit? A solid edit nonetheless, Don. Excellent pacing and choice of shots.

• I honestly have never heard of this rumor before. It was a neat episode.

Someone on NeoGaf was complaining that this could have been easily just looked up in the current age of the internet. Blood hopped into the discussion and talked about the amount of research that Damiani went into. He also said this was the tip of the iceberg and some of the stuff Damiani wants to get into can't be easily googled.

• Easy Ally

@Lexad said in Game Sleuth - Official Discussion Thread:

I honestly have never heard of this rumor before. It was a neat episode.

Someone on NeoGaf was complaining that this could have been easily just looked up in the current age of the internet. Blood hopped into the discussion and talked about the amount of research that Damiani went into. He also said this was the tip of the iceberg and some of the stuff Damiani wants to get into can't be easily googled.

I think two important rules that I go by for this show (and previously Pop Fiction)

1. I ignore any criticism that says "I knew this already, this was pointless." There is always somebody who didn't know, no matter who much you previously tried to inform everyone. People still think the Fire Temple music was changed due to backlash from the Islamic community.

2. Even if there is a ton of research out there, simply making a video putting it all in one place AND making a video of trying the thing out goes a long way and is not pointless at all. Some people simply post a video of "HEY THIS IS POSSIBLE!" and give a quick sentence summary, but it cuts out so much of the story/info that lead to that point. Even if it's something already proven time and time again, like the Running Man, putting all the info into one video is the point, which nobody really does anymore because in the age of YT, people just want the "result" part.

• @Damianicus said in Game Sleuth - Official Discussion Thread:

@Lexad said in Game Sleuth - Official Discussion Thread:

I honestly have never heard of this rumor before. It was a neat episode.

I think two important rules that I go by for this show (and previously Pop Fiction)

1. I ignore any criticism that says "I knew this already, this was pointless." There is always somebody who didn't know, no matter who much you previously tried to inform everyone. People still think the Fire Temple music was changed due to backlash from the Islamic community.

2. Even if there is a ton of research out there, simply making a video putting it all in one place AND making a video of trying the thing out goes a long way and is not pointless at all. Some people simply post a video of "HEY THIS IS POSSIBLE!" and give a quick sentence summary, but it cuts out so much of the story/info that lead to that point. Even if it's something already proven time and time again, like the Running Man, putting all the info into one video is the point, which nobody really does anymore because in the age of YT, people just want the "result" part.

Thanks for the conversation.

I was thinking this initially when watching the Running Man video. I had never heard of it before but assumed this had to be thoroughly debunked before. What I loved was the "context" (Bosman) that you gave to how the rumor rose due to the times. Jumping into magazine interviews, breaking down the videos that led to the rumor was really neat and was like looking into the 90s. I really learned a lot about Gaming History through that video.

• At least I feel that this show isn't just about the myth/secret itself, like "here's a myth, I tested it, it's real/false, end credits". It's about how it became a myth, and learning all the possible evidence and backstory, then execution. It's interesting, somewhat educational and of course, hearing Brandon Jones narrate pretty much anything is amazing.

• Wow, I'm loving Game Sleuth so far! I was a huge fan of Pop Fiction, so I'm very happy this is a thing.

By the way, have you guys heard of the Fallout 3 Numbers Station?

A search for "fallout 3 three dog number station" should get you started.

• I'd imagine being the writer and researcher of this show is very difficult. I'd expect the Wayback Machine got a lot of use. Congrats on the first episode. I look forward to more.

• Youtube Video

Oh, what a nice story this was! Excellently told, and the video was put together so smoothly. I had read something about this before, but this was still really interesting to hear about.