Game Sleuth - Official Discussion Thread

• Youtube Video

Oh, what a nice story this was! Excellently told, and the video was put together so smoothly. I had read something about this before, but this was still really interesting to hear about.

• Can't wait to watch this when I get home from work. Damiani has the Pop Fiction / Game Sleuth formula down perfectly. Some of the best gaming stuff produced on YT.

• That episode was fantastic. I'll never forget the days I tried to find big foot in San Andreas.

I can't believe where it led to in GTAV. Absolutely love that kind of stuff.

• Damiani had said that this episode was taking some time to even complete the sleuthing. I mean no wonder! That was quite the undertaking. No to mention something I had no clue about beforehand.

• EZA always inspiring me. I wanna do research and edit such a concise video like this myself.

Never actually knew about this GTA V mystery so it was quite insightful.

• I REALLY enjoyed this episode!

• Just stopping by to show my love and support of Game Sleuth! That episode was AMAZING! Keep up the great work, guys! :D

• New Game Sleuth shadow dropped during group stream. I'm going to have to watch it again because I'm not sure I understand what the mystery being solved was.

• The mystery was, does the game have more codes that were supposed to come with volume 2 of the DVD that was never released.

• @TokyoSlim is the video being released or was it part of the stream?

• @CGamor7 They should still be putting it up. It was VERY impromptu and I don't think they'd planned on showing it initially. Literally Damiani at the end saying "Should I shadow drop?" And then everyone cheering, yelling for him to do it, and Blood saying "Well, now you have to." and that was that.

• @logic__error thanks, I'll wait in anticipation for it.

• Well... not to be too negative, but that was pretty underwhelming, especially considering the length of time between episodes. Most of the video was spent explaining a very niche cartoon and how hard it is to obtain the DVDs for it. Hopefully there's some more Sleuth coming in the future though!

• @SabotageTheTruth can only say one thing, i agree.

• Yeah, i don't think it was a particularly strong episode. But I dunno, at least one person out there is real stoked. : )

• I dug it, knowing literally nothing about the game or the show it was based on. I just liked the idea of covering something a lot more obscure than something like the running man from OoT which anybody with five seconds on google coulda seen. The actual reveal of how the codes found their way online was pretty disappointing though, but then that's just kinda how life goes sometimes.

I think it's important to presume that this wasn't some long endeavor that took over all their time, and that a more "proper" Game Sleuth is in production at the same time.

• @SabotageTheTruth said in Game Sleuth - Official Discussion Thread:

Well... not to be too negative, but that was pretty underwhelming, especially considering the length of time between episodes. Most of the video was spent explaining a very niche cartoon and how hard it is to obtain the DVDs for it. Hopefully there's some more Sleuth coming in the future though!

Yeah I don't wanna be rude about it but damn, the last one came out in like....october? I thought the reason this one took so long was perhaps because it was gonna be THAT big and/or that difficult of a story to chase.

But this? It was answered on GameFAQs, the guy wanted to know if there was more than 3 codes, there was. Case closed. The actual sleuthing was on the show more than the game.

All good though, they wanted to make good on a promise and they did. I'll just keep my expectations in check for the next episode.

• Any word on a new episode?

• @Disabledgamerjh We might, MIGHT get ONE before the year is out. Since EZA's inception since March 2016, there have only been three. Each episode takes a LOT of investigation, and I think, though I could be wrong, that Mr. Damiani is the ONLY one who works on the show. EZA gets behind in other shows as well for a variety of reasons, so I don't really expect episodes. I like to think of them as happy surprises whenever they come like Retrospectives.