The Top 50 Videogame Characters ever! (Send me your list! Deadline Dec. 11th)

• alt text
    Heyho fellow Allies, back at it again!

After our last, very successful Project, we are now back to start the search for the 50 best Videogame Characters of all time. There will be no Franchise restriction and you can vote for any character you want: Main Characters, Playable Characters, NPCs, Villains, etc... everyone is eligible.

So how is this going to work:

1. Everybody who wants to participate, sends me list of their Top 30 Videogame Characters of all time via E-Mail to EZA100@gmx.de! Please don't post your lists in the Thread!!! Every position on your list gets points: #1 gets 30 points, #2 gets 29, #3 gets 28....... until #30 which gets 1 point. (Please put your EZA Nickname into the Email so i can assign them easier later for the presentation)

There are no restrictions, every Videogame Character ever is voteable! The only thing that is important is: Please be as precise as you can when it comes to the Character and Game/Franchise Names and titles!!

2. After ~2 Weeks i will gather all the lists, count the positions, and calculate the final countdown. After that i present the full countdown here with a little presentation, where i will post some information about the game and who ranked it!

I wish everybody a lot of fun createing their lists and i hope that a lot of you are going to participate!

L&R
    Eric

• ...This was tough one to make... Took me a good while.

• Well that list was much more difficult to put together than the top games one. I found myself not putting any characters from games like the Arkham games because I see them as cartoon/comic characters first and video game characters second. I don't know if this is the right way to look at it but I really don't see Batman or the Joker as videogame characters. Because of this I really ran out of steam after the first 20 characters, so I kinda ended up with a top 20 list and then 10 characters I care far less about. After looking at all of the characters on the header image I think only 3 of them made it on to my list, which makes me worried that very few of the characters I voted for will end up making it onto the final list. Here's hoping someone else likes the characters in Tales From the Borderlands and Telltale's The Walking Dead as much as I do.

Thanks for doing this again @Exist-2-Inspire. The last list was amazing to watch unfold, and I am sure this one will be too.

• Sent mine man it was alot harder Tried not to send more then 3 Characters per game/series

• I really hope that people put some good judgement into what makes an interesting character as opposed to this becoming a list of "lead characters from my favorite video games".

Don't disappoint me yo.

• Knack legitmately has a shot of making this list. C'mon people, give him the respect he deserves!

Working on my list but I'm going to take more time, at least a solid few days to mull it over.

• @Ringedwithtile Agreed. I'll roll my eyes pretty wildly if we see Mario here. (Luigi, on the other hand...)
    @Brandon_Reister So glad you brought up Tales from the Borderlands, I'm 100 % gonna name some people from there. As well as from The Walking Dead.

• I honestly don't even know how to begin this one

• My list seems pretty RPG heavy, which makes sense, I suppose - since characters I progress through a story with in that way tend to influence me more than reading about fighting game characters through text cards or cutscenes, for example.

I think there's a few good baddies on my list too. Curious to see how this turns out. I have much less of a handle on this list's outcome than I think I did on the favorite games list.

• For those having problems thinking of characters, just look at Pokemon. You're welcome.

• @SabotageTheTruth Putting pokemon on the list would seem really odd to me, and I can't think of any stand out characters from those games.

• I agree. I don't really see Pokemon as having any character, and people in the world are either blank slates or stock characters.

• @bard91 I dunno, I thought about it for a bit. A lot of game characters are fairly one-dimensional unless the main drive of the game is narrative in nature. I'm only including one Pokemon on my list to not take the idea too far, but there's a certain bond formed with them as well. Sure, there's no 10 minute cutscene describing the feelings of any particular Pokemon or their motivations, but I'm sure some of these characters have been a part of our teams for decades now. Another criteria I'm sorta using is if I'd be tempted to buy merchandise of the character in question, which Pokemon easily falls under the category of.

Either way, this list is much more difficult to form than the favorite games one, that's for sure.

• Global Moderator

Oh yes! Thank you @Exist-2-Inspire for doing this! :D
    I will take a couple of days to work on my list! But I will send off something that I can be proud of and then just cross my fingers and hope that the ones I choose will appear! I wonder if I will limit myself to one character per part, but cant promise anything!

• @SabotageTheTruth Instead of pokemon, I would recommend looking through Final Fantasy Characters... Then sprinkle Mario, Sonic, Crash, Metal Gear and other franchises characters, and you're pretty much set. Also Sheogorath. Because of the CHEESE...

Well, I just told how I pretty much made my list... Almost... Besides few surprise entries, including my 1# Character, which I shall keep as a secret to everybody... Well, @Exist-2-Inspire knows already what it is, if you have checked my list. Anyhow, looking forward to see what characters show up.

• Global Moderator

I'll be interested to see the ratio of villains to protagonists.

• @tokeeffe9 1/6 of my list are solidly villainous. You can make a case for a few others, but they aren't traditionally villains.

• @SabotageTheTruth i think our number one will be the same

• You are CRAZY. So, like, what would be the best format to send the list as?
    Like....

1. Character name - Game series
    2. Character name - Game series

Or something more fancy?