EZA: Username list! Explain your username!

• As the title says, explain your username! Also, this list will be alphabetical!
    This list seems like it could be a lot of work, so I'll do my best to keep up with it if it gets busy.
    I will edit everybody who posts into this first post and make a list of them all.
    PLEASE keep it as short as you can. It should be around three hundred characters.

• 2200 - I guess I'm actually a number.
    • acejackson777 - When I was a youngster I wanted to be on the leaderboards for some games on Armor Games. I liked the Ace card in the deck [and] Jacks also came as a good combo with aces so Jackson was born. Trip sevens is just a gambling relation that also has some luck and religion thrown in. So thats how it was born.
    • Acidtrip-69 - A friend of mine made a really cool name, so I thought I would make a name that had a similar theme. I thought the name I came up was cool and funny all at the same time. I wish I could remember more. I know I had a reason for my namu but ito been so long.
    • AkagisWhiteComet - My name is a reference to Ryosuke Takahashi and his White RX7 FC3S, from the Intial D Anime/Manga.
    • alanpk - My username is just my name and my middle name and Last name initials. Wish it was more creative but it is what it is
    • alexwhiteplays - My name is Alex White, lol. My art blog is alexwhitecreates, my Steam is alexwhiteplays, my BattleNet is alexplays, my League summoner name is alexwhiteplays.. [First name] [Last name] [Verb describing the activity relevant to the account] is kind of my calling-card username creation process at this point.
    • Archaios - Archaios is a technical death metal band from the Dominican Republic. I am not creative so I just pull names from more obscure things I like. In twitch (and some games still) I am Deathmethod, I came up with it in high school and have been trying to move away from it because it sounds tacky to me now.
    • ArsenalTengu - Wellp, mine is pretty easy, huge MGS fan so obviously I wanted to make a reference and what could be better than the ninja super soldiers from MGS2?
    • Art - I do drawings and stuff. Duh, right?
    • AstoriaSky - My favorite band when I was younger was The*Ataris. My username is a combination of two of their albums: "So Long, Astoria" ( which is also my favorite song in the album that is a reference to the movie "The Goonies") and "Blue Skies Broken Hearts Next 12 Exits"
    • Av8orGamer - Because I'm an aviator and a gamer. So... Might as well brag about it right?
    • babpel91 - Just a nonsense word I made up back in high school and use for a bunch of stuff, whenever I don't want to be creative.
    • BabyfartsMcgeezaks It's this guy from South Park: [See his post for a picture]
    • Baccano - Baccano is my favorite japanese animation.
    • BallzBallz - Well my youtube account is BallzBallz and i changed the name to troll the trolls. If someone ever trolled me, which happens always because youtube can be an evil place, they would have to say my name. So it made their reply look more ridiculous than it already is.
    • Barrelbot - Mine is a character from a storyboard I did for my portfolio. It was about a failing, untalented inventor who makes a robot out of a wooden barrel. Hence, "Barrelbot".
    • BatViking - I like Batman and I'm Norwegian, so to show how original I am with my names, I slapped them together.
    • beargreasey - When I was in college, my friend told me to get a better username. So I tried to take beargryllsey as a play on words for Bear Gryllis. I didn't like it, so I changed it to beargreasey.
    • binarymelon - I was trying to come up with a unique domain name with my roommate in university. Adjective, noun and bam binarymelon was born.
    • Blueturtle - Reference from Tower of God a korean comic=manhwa, one of the characters calls my favorite one "Blue Turtle". also my life is represented by it, very slow-paced and sad. c:
    • bowrider89 - Bow as in the bow of a ship, referencing how I used to row. Rider is from the song low rider, because I like it and was listening to it when I was making my username. And 89 refers to 1989 when I was born.
    • Brandon_Reister - It's my name.
    • Brofessor_Preston - Mine is pretty simple. I love puns. Especially puns with the word bro in it. So I consider myself a brofessor of this topic. The Preston part is obviously my real name.
    • butterxcup - buttercup was an online nickname for me back in high school so it's easy for me to remember. Add the x in there cause why not.
    • CannonFood - Back in the days of the first Quake we played multiplayer at our school. I used the worst computer, and also didn't get to join either team playing (I was too bad at the game) So I named myself "CannonFood", picked the orange color, got in the players way and had a good time in my own team. Stuck with me since!
    • CaPrIcIoUsLy InSaNe - I used to read Homestuck, an amazing webcomic, One of the characters was a "Capricorn" and his Online User was that, thats all I can say without going into spoiler territory... ;o)
    • Capt_Fancypants - I was a huge Ween fan growing, up so when I had to make an online avatar back in university, I added captain to fancy pants and the rest is history.
    • CarlosX360 - "Carlos X" has been taken across all social media websites. I decided to re-brand myself and one of the biggest trends in 2005/6 was the use of "360," then at E3 2005, Microsoft was going with "Xbox 360" and Miayamoto said that "Revolution" wasn't very inviting. CarlosX360 was born.
    • Carmichael - Carmichael is the pseudonym I've been using for my blog. No real reason for choosing it.
    • Carpainter - Mother 2's lord and saviour - all hail Carpainter-sama.
    • CensorErik - My friends and I used to backyard wrestle in the 1990s and I created my character, Censor for that. I used....my finisher and I'd say,"You've just been censored." Corny as heck. So corny I decided I should lose the championship by my own finisher and told my opponent to say, "I just censored Erik."
    • ChefBoyardeezy - Chef Boyardeezy is my street name for when I get in the rap game, mang.
    • Chie Best Waifu - Because Chie is the best waifu and everyone should know. Also, when EZA was announced I wanted to make a new username and decided on this in-joke from the GT days.
    • ChoppedLiver02 - I picked it when I was an edgy 16 year old and stuck with it since it's rarely taken.
    • Churchy - My last name is Churchill and I've had the nickname since I was about 6.
    • Claus Grimhildyr - Claus is a name I have always enjoyed and Grimhildyr is my D&D name for the past 20 years.
    • Cloudid - I love clouds, I feel I can relate to them in some way, and the "i" just looks better to me. Back in the day with GT, i had the name NintenDoorMan, but that was a LOOONG time ago. ^ ^
    • Count_Zero - Back in High School I read "Neuromancer" by William Gibson, I thought it was really cool that one of the book's protagonists shares a name with me (I won't say who). I went on to read the next book, "Count Zero", which introduced me to the concept of an internet handle, leading to me taking the Count_Zero handle
    • Conorhea - My name is Conor and I talk a lot.
    • Crepe - Aside from crepes being delicious, and one of my favorite breakfast foods, I like to keep all my handles as short and sweet as possible.
    • crey - creycreycrey - I like short lowercase names. "crey" came from cray, short for crazy. Turns out crey is already used pretty much everywhere, so I became creycrey and later creycreycrey.
    • crimilde - Mine's the Italian spelling of Kriemhild from the Nibelungenlied (The Song of the Nibelungs). I just thought it sounded cool and somehow started using it everywhere.
    • crimson_sparx - Mine is simple. Crimson is my favorite color combination(red and black) and I like how the word sparks sounds with it. :P
    • Crimz - I used to go by Crimson607 (Crimson being a favorite color). After awhile people gave me the nickname "Crimz" but that was apparently a pretty common name so I put in "Sir" honorific as filler. Crimz has been a nickname I had for more than a decade now.
    • crustef - When I was making my name I was super into family guy and that one joke/scene about Russians where Khruschev shows up and dances. I named myself Crustef bc I legitimately thought that was how you spelled his name. It just sort of stuck and I'm pretty attached now. It's my username for all gaming platforms.
    • CurtCat - I used to be really active in the Mega64 community under another name. In an attempt to troll a dude named CurtDog I made a Twitch account called CurtCat and would call him out in their livestream chat. I just kind of kept the name after that.
    • Danerous - My brother started calling me Dane, then Daner and then sometimes Danerous. I liked Daner better but as it often was taken as username Danerous was second pick.
    • DarkenRaul1 - Funny story, I needed to make a username for the first time for Runescape. The show I was watching then was called "Legend of the Seeker" and the villain was Darken Rahl (didn't know how to spell his name tho...)
    • DeimosClay - Final Fantasy XII was the last game I was playing before I got a PS3 so I went with an item from the game when trying to think up a PSN ID. Got used to it and didn't mind using it elsewhere.
    • descendfromgrace - It's from a Nine Inch Nails song.
    • Dragon - I originally had the username "DragonFlame" registered for games and websites but friends just shortened it to "Dragon lazy" bums =D so just use that now when I can, is almost always taken.
    • dramaticslowmo - You'd think with a name like DramaticSlowMo that the reason for my name would obviously have something to do with an action scenario, but it's actually inspired by a song...TK from 凛として時雨 『1st EP "contrast" digest trailer』
    • Dice_for_Death_ - Taken from a passage within Friedrich Nietzsche's works, I try to tap into the spirit of the passage and draw inspiration from it, to be a better individual in whatever small, realistic measure that I can attain.
    • Dirokia - Appropriated a name from Megatokyo and replaced the first letter with my first initial. Have a bunch of iterations that I cycle through but they all stem off the same root.
    • Disabledgamerjh - I'm in a wheelchair and my Initials are jh
    • DisturbedSwan - Was forced to change my XBL Gamertag in 2009. Always used to joke around with a mate at College about him being chased by a Swan when he went fishing. So hence Disturbed Swan :)
    • Doctor Professor - Mine was given to me by a friend of mine. It's a Spongebob reference that totally absolutely doesn't reflect what my real name is
    • drolejan - The letters of my name (Alejandro) re-arranged, minus 1 "a"
    • DubyaLucha - Well, mine is easy. It's my Twitter handle and it also contains the first letter of my name (W) and lucha obviously represents one of my passions: lucha libre.
    • Ellis - My surname... Easy one. Never had a proper alias. Sometimes use jompard which was to names mashed together. Lampard and John Terry. Chelsea players but since Lampard left Chelsea I haven't used it
    • El Shmiablo - My nickname IRL is "Shmee" but that name would often be taken. One of my favorite games ever is Diablo, and one of my favorite cars ever is the Lamborghini Diablo, so I just combined my nickname with that. I thought just "Shmiablo" was a lacking, so I added an El to sound all ethnic n' shit. Yeah. Pretty dumb.
    • Elyra - I simply came up with mine and started using it as an online persona because 1) it sounds kinda fantasy-ish, which I enjoy, 2) I feel it fits me and 3) I like it. It holds no significance beyond that. My real name is Thea.
    • Erok - Erok was to be the main character of my first story, and I liked the name, so it has always been my internetz nickname.
    • eschatological - Eschatology (with a capital E) was a type of theology I studied in university, it concerns itself mainly with the end times.
    • E_Zed_Eh_Intern - I sent an email to EZA when they first started saying I liked what they were doing and would be happy to help if they needed it. Understandably, they didn't reply. So as an in-joke with myself type jab at myself, I called my self EZA intern. Side note, I'm not as lonely as that makes me sound.
    • Faaip - Joined GT as faaipdeoiad13 (after the Tool song) back in the day and eventually decided to shorten it because I thought it looked better. Now I just use it for most gaming things because there tend to not be a lot of other Faaips.
    • fettouhi - well its simple. its my last name. friends that I play with call me Fett and from there you can guess the rest.
    • FF7Cloud - i was on gt a long time ago between 2007-2010 ff7cloud was my name mostly hid on faction namely the final fantasy faction and the jrpg faction and i actually had my own faction the legend of dragoon faction. so if there are any of you that remember me from gt...send me a message id be great to catch up.
    • ffff0 - When a pc first boots up, it starts executing at physical address 0xffff0. Since I'm a programmer I've chosen ffff0 as my nickname.
    • filiam - As a kid i would play Knights with my friends and i was always Sir Philiam (Philip + William). Sounded good as a child, and it stuck as my gamer tag since forever.
    • filipepw - My name is Filipe. Forever ago i listened to a californian punk rock band, the greatest in my opinion, called Pennywise. They helped me and my brain grow, among the best teachers i ever had. And so i was forever known as filipepw.
    • Filthy Weeb - I'm a filthy weeb
    • Fiskern - "short" for Fiskeren, meaning " The Fisherman" in Norwegian. It was a random nick I came up with when I wanted to switch because I didn't like the first random one. I am really indifferent to fishing and fish. I have deviated to other names, other places where the name was taken, but I felt it fit as my "true" forum name.
    • Froztken - Froztken was a nickname I came up with at absolute random. I just type it and voila! Also, T is silent.
    • FutureCorpse - Because we're all going to die some day & Irish dark humour .
    • GanKhef - Two separate words. Deep cut Dark Tower references. Essentially means "God" and "life". If anyone got it, we should palaver. Cool idea for a forum topic. Love seeing a community form. Long days and pleasant nights! ; )
    • Garmore - "Garmore" is the name of a character depicted in four cards from the game Cardfight!! Vanguard. He was the first card I built a deck around in more ways than one.
    • GDGF - [since 1997] GDGF stands for GanonDorfGoesFishing. ...Explaination for the second part is a comedian named Tim Conway did a series of where he played a character called Dorf - Dorf Goes Fishing, Dorf Goes Golfing etc. Anyway I combined the two and when I got sick of writing the whole thing out I shortened it to GDGF.
    • generic_person - I'm just a generic person. Nothing special here.
    • GeoFlame - GeoFlame has been my net handle since the 90s, before the Matrix came and not Neo Geo. Was simply me saying "Geno was my favorite character in Super Mario RPG" to my friend and him hearing Geo instead, used it as a super hero I made up that had fire powers so lazily used Flame.
    • ghawa_o_tech - Gahwah = 'Coffee' in Arabic; o = slang for 'and' in Arabic; tech= technology; it's a mash of what I love and do everyday.
    • Gloop - I use Gloop nowadays, because it' simpler and doesn't really bare any significance other than sounding cool (to me). I would love to change my PSN, I made a new Twitch channel just to change it and I use Gloop on YT.
    • GMan04 - GMan has been my nickname since I was a little kid back in 1992. Ironically I have never played Half-Life.
    • GoshGollyGee - I made it up when I signed up for Twitch because all my other usernames were already taken. I wanted people to recognize me both here and in the Twitch chat, so GoshGollyGee it will remain. Honestly, any of my other usernames would have produced a more exciting story.
    • GregFerrie - Just my first then last names spelled backward. But sounds awesome!
    • g-revolution - Was a really big fan of Beyblade growing up. G-revolution just happens to be the name of that season, and the final season with the old crew. Nothing too special.
    • guiltyofbeing - Minor Threat wrote a song called "Guilty of Being White." I'm simply guilty of being a lot of things.
    • HaikuHunter - I was active as TheBossti before (still keeping my Twitch subscription going because I've been there from the start). When Kyle took my Haiku game for a L&R segment, I became HaikuHunter :)
    • Haru17 - In middle school I read "Rave Master," the protagonist of which was "Haru Glory." I liked how the name sounded ("haaaaa-ru") and here we are: I use it for most of my online accounts.
    • HeaneyWeeny - HeaneyWeeny originally was something a few of my friends called me (along with some other rhythmic words) to sorta pick on me way back in high school. Heaney is actually my last name so it all falls into place there after.
    • Hero - User name = Gamertag
    • Hero of Lime - Hero of Lime is a bad pun on the Hero of Time title from the Zelda series. It's been my go to name online for a few years now.
    • Hetsig - it's someone who can't wait, hasty or heated about something. I use it in a gaming sense which would be a player who have no patience, runs into combat and dies 3-4 times before slowing down.
    • Idiot - I'm not a very smart person.
    • I_Make_Big_Boom - I just so happen to like really big booms.
    • Inustar - It's a holdover from my Harry Potter days. I loved Sirius but didn't want to have an obvious fan name. So Inu is japanese for dog, and Dogstar is another name for Sirius.
    • JamboHyland95 - When I was first going around the internet I wanted a name that encompassed the two things I loved at the time (still do mind you but not as much now) Naruto and Bleach. So I came up with: KyubIchigo combining the word Kyubi from the nine tails in Naruto and Ichigo the main character of Bleach.
    • Japhy58 - Really enjoyed The Dharma Bums in my early teens. Japhy was an incredibly fascinating character (whose traits I don't embrace).
    • JeffGoldblumLaugh - If you have to ask, you've clearly never heard Jeff Goldblum's glorious laugh. Also, this song is one of the greatest things I've ever heard [Link in post]
    • Jergingha - My username is the name of the final boss of The Wonderful 101, honestly not only one of my favorite boss battles of all time, but overall one of my favorite games of all time.
    • Jessterfer - my friend in the 6th grade back in 2006 signed my yearbook "Jessterfer" for no [real] reason. My name is Jesse so he just wrote something silly. I later became my xbox live name and has stuck with me for the past 10 years everywhere I go.
    • jifw52 - My nickname is Jif (like the Jif peanut butter brand), my last name starts with a W, and 52 was just a random number.
    • Jimmy Good - It is just my real life name. Truly!
    • jipostus - I came up with it in a drunken haze years ago, when I was still 16 years old. I wish I could tell you more specific answer, but that's all I can remember. Only "good" thing about me drinking back then was this username, so I don't recommend that to anyone.
    • Joker - Mine? That's simple...Persona 5 is going to be amazing.
    • JoleeHonso - The first part of my username comes from Jolee Bindo a jedi consular from the legendary game Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic the last name Honso I kinda just made up nothing too crazy I know thanks for wondering!
    • Jords - Childhood nickname.
    • JustCallMeBuddy - because my nickname is buddy. but buddy is almost always taken.
    • kagamiwaseda - Kagami comes from Hiiragi Kagami from the anime Lucky Star. waseda comes from Waseda University, the university I'm currently attending.
    • Kasper - It's my name.
    • kevboard - I was 9yo when I came up with mine. I wanted something that includes my first name (Kevin) and sounds techy. one day I saw the word Keyboard written on a piece of paper while the little tail of the y was covered by a pencil and that's the moment my username was born :) Keyboard minus the tail of the y = Kevboard
    • Kif - It's a character from Futurama. My real name sounds vaguely similar, and because I was/am a massive Futurama fan, when I was at uni people just started to call me Kif. Variations from friends and partners have been Kifster and Kiffy.
    • Killericon - My name is Connor, and when I was very little I had already taken a liking to computers, so my Grandpa nicknamed me Icon. When I was ~10, I got Starcraft, and went to sign up for Battle net, and found "Icon" had already been taken, so I just threw a wicked "Killer" in front of it, and it's been my handle for the 15+ years since.
    • kin - Kin is the alias I use for my design work. It references both 'next of kin' but also the Japanese for gold with KIN stylised into the kanji for gold 金 when on it's side. My social media incorporate 'dreadspirit' as an extension of KINdread spirit. I always liked videogame characters with weird names.
    • Kofenheimer - the mix between 2 names from warhammer online names generator, kept it since 2008
    • korn7809 - Last 4 letters of my last name and last 4 digits of the phone number I used at the time.
    • Kornfan2007 - Made it up in 2006. Kornfan2006 was taken so went with 2007. I like the band Korn. Pretty simple. Actually have the band tattooed on my back as seen in my avatar
    • Kristen59 - My name plus two random numbers I chose as a kid, nothing special.
    • Krocsyldiphic - Krocsyldiphic is a hard word to spell. [Link in his post]
    • Kutaro - Puppeteer. One of the most underrated games of last gen, I simply love it and I like the name Kutaro. Nothing fancy.
    • kyo2004 - Kyo from KoF series + 2004 the year when I took Gaming more seriously...
    • Lauren - I had the radically creative idea of using my first name =)
    • La_Liz - La_Liz: The (feminine pronoun) Liz (my name). On Twitch I'm "stuffinmybeard" which is a reference to an idea my husband and I had after I started putting earrings into his beard to see if they stayed. They did. We never made the website though.
    • layla's Jester - inspired by slowhand's song layla i relate to the lyrics & like the song atmospherically(both acoustic&eletric vers.) felt vehemently about the song's connotation at the time of the name's formation. & eric clapton's awesome
    • Leroy Anderson - Just my real name. Don't remember using it when signing up but, whatever. Nothing to hide. Pic is me too.
    • Lexad - Lexad is my Organization XIII name (an anagram of my name with an X in it) from Kingdom Hearts
    • Lianard - Varient of leonard , name passed down the men in my mums family i varied it to pay homage and use it online and my yooungest sons middle name.
    • LimeyOtoko - Limey = English; Otoko = Man; I'm an Englishman. Good to see you all again!
    • logic__error - In "Umineko no Naku Koro ni" a Logic Error is a game breaking mistake a Game Master can cause if they create a contradiction in their mystery. Fixing the error can take an eternity, admitting defeat instead results in the game board being destroyed, so it is seen as the worst mistake a Game Master can make.
    • Longview - Back in 98 I went round a friends house and entered my first chatroom, when it asked me for a username I picked Longview because I was a fan of Green Day at the time and its stuck ever since, used it on pretty much every format but usually I go by the name Longview01 because the name Longview is already taken
    • LordBaztion - I started playing WoW and my main character was called Baztion. The name was partially inspired by the Bastion [from] Yugioh GX and because in the private server where I used to play, the alliance had few people and pallys were needed, so I was like a stronghold of light (holy tankadin was the most epic thing ever).
    • Lotias - One day many many years ago. I was going to register on my first internet forum, however everyone seemed to have a "cool" alias. I also wanted something that didnt start on a letter from my real name for some reason. After thinking long and hard it poped up in my head and have used it ever since
    • MadGoat - Little kid me was playing Ultima Online for the first time....stumbled into a plain when all of a sudden a goat went berserk and decided to try and murder me. After a long fist fight with the goat, it finally got me. That's when I learned the harsh reality of this new world I just stepped into.... it's just an awesome memory.
    • Maiar - I'm Maiar, when I was younger I was a lot into Tolkien lore. I needed a username for a French forum and I went for Mariar_Morgoth (a Balrog for instance). It got shorter with time :D
    • Mango - "Have you ever seen a desert rose? Such is the beauty of Mango!"
    • MaxfieldStanton - A terrible Americanized dub name from the 90's Sailor Moon anime. The character is ridiculous and it's a pseudonym within the show.
    • Mbun - Used to play the original Super Smash Bros. often with friends when I was little. To help keep track of who you're playing as and to track your stats in that game, it lets you enter a four letter code or name. My username is simply that four letter code name I used to use.
    • Meanfingers - A nickname I was given from a friend during my prime of the Rock Band days. I was able to pass some really difficult songs on guitar expert mode and even completed the endless setlist as a full band. I'm not as good as I once was since I rarely play now but I look at it as a title to remind me of my glory days!
    • Mechanoid - I really like mecha stuff and thought I was being clever (nope).
    • MegaTen_out_of_10 - Megami Tensei is my favourite game franchise so I named myself after the best score you can give a game imo
    • michemagius - My name is Michelle. I like Pokemon, especially Ghost type Pokemon. Mismagius is one of my favorites and blends well with my name. It was originally Michedreavus but someone stole it during April Fools, it's a long story.
    • MightyFloorPie - Mine came up one day when I was remembering my favorite moments from The Simpsons. Homer falling into Bart's trap of oh so tempting floor pie. A mighty dessert.
    • Minamik - Minamik. After the anime Minami-ke.
    • molt2000 - I had this game as a kid called Neopets: The Darkest Faerie, kind of a babies first RPG. The game contained motes that allowed you to add different abilities to your sword. At the time I thought they were pronounced molts for some reason. The name has stuck with me ever since.
    • MonsTruz - 15 years ago when I bought my first gaming PC, I picked my gaming nickname for IRC, counter strike. Originally it was Mosekurt, now Kurt is a name, and Mose is Danish for a bog. I grew up around a bog, and there was this old guy we called Mosekurt. Eventually it just morphed into MonsTruz for some reason.
    • MoonScentedHunter - My name is a reference to Bloodborne. In the game it is said that the Hunter has the scent of the moon on him/her.
    • Mr M - M was knocked back because the forum has a character minimum, so I added a "Mr" just in case the opportunity to say "That's MR M to you, buddyboy" ever comes up.
    • MrNovember - This song. [The National - Alligator [2005] Mr. November]
    • MrsMachineandSoul - MachineandSoul is my husbands username (it's a Gary Numan album) and I'm his Mrs. I also go by bex.interrupted, bex because I'm Rebecca and interrupted as a homage to girl interrupted (both the film and the book)
    • MSBi - [Originally] SIX2SE7EN. I don't know if many of you know me but i joined Gametrailers back in 2005 and have had multiple change of accounts due to technical problem with the site and the upgrades. MSBi are basically my name initials and i stuck with it because I felt the need to not hide my persona under a made up name.
    • Musou Tensei - It's the ultimate secret technique of Hokuto Shin Ken in Fist of the North Star, my favorite anime, it can only be mastered by experiencing true sadness and makes you pretty much invincible.
    • MXAGhost - I used to be competitive on the original Mariokart back in day. My trainer called me ghost but in the world of the underground Nintendo racing circuit nicknames were prided on. So I threw on MXA for Mario "X's" All.
    • myfatdad - My dad's fat.
    • MyxeQ - Official pronounced "My-Zeck" . Originally "Myxe" but some sites would not accept 4 letter usernames. Chose it as handle in 2003 as a "Mix" of Mikey my real name. I added the "Q" as the 5th letter because it is my favorite letter. TO this day I have not seen a 5 letter word baffle so many people in its pronunciation.
    • Naetoid - I had gone through most of my life as "squallnate" but figured it was time to grow past my angsty hero Squall and become someone a little more unique. So I stole half of my favorite site at the time, Destructoid, and added a tiny bit of one of my nicknames. "Nae". Got 'em.
    • naltmank - Literally just my name, but written in the same way everyone in my family abbreviates it; Noam ALTMAn-Kurosaki = naltmank; I'm not very creative
    • Nillend - I was picking a name for the main character in the story I write, and after some time scrambling through internet I've decided for Nillend. Since I liked it so much, I've also used it for my username on almost everything.
    • Noodles - I decided to go with this name since at the time my diet consisted of mostly instant noodles. I also use Ramen Noodles as a nickname as well.

• oceangrunge - it's a genre of music
    • ofLoxley - My first name is Robin. So the username ofLoxley seemed to fit.
    • Omega - I am OMEGA ie: Omega Weapon
    • orgnoxv - Org is for Organization, No is short for number, and XV is 15. So I'm Organization Number 15 in reference to Kingdom Hearts.
    • Oscillator - An oscillator is the sound generating component of an analog synthesizer. I like analog synthesizers. Rich, warm, ethereal sound. In addition, to oscillate means to vibrate. I'm always vibrating with crazy ideas and impulses...
    • Packt - Fan of Jpop/rock singer Gackt Camui. Swap the G with P because that the first letter of my nickname.
    • Paper Lion - It's like a paper tiger; something that appears fearsome at first glance, but after further examination proves harmless. But with a lion instead, because lions > tigers.
    • Paragon - I've loved the definition of the word and it is something I try to ring true in real life as well as in video games. It is something I strive to become more of and reminds me that there always will be good in this world.
    • Parasitepaladin - (Hey, it's me! lol) I made this name back in the day when I was into Yu-Gi-Oh! (Dark Paladin is a popular card), and the game I was really into was Parasite Eve 2. I just simply mashed them together.
    • ParkPants - When I was in high school, my friends would take my last name and add "Pants" to it. The nickname just stuck and it's been my online handle ever since.
    • Parmersan - My name is Seth Parmer, so I combined my last name with the cheese "Parmesan" and got Parmersan!
    • phantomfreak - I took this name from the movie Hackers, and I have used it on pretty much every site I use since 1996, unless it is already taken.
    • Pikagreg - I liked Pokemon a lot and had a tiny pikachu toy on my backpack at school I bought from a mom and pop game store. When that store shut down they gave me their entire stock on that Pikachu toy and I kept one on my backpack throughout college.
    • PinapKnight - I have arguments with my friends about how great pineapples are and that they make all other foods better by adding them. Pineapples is a long word and so I can't use it for usernames very often, so I adopted the pokemon version of pineapples. Also I always though knights were cool so I tacked that onto the end.
    • PlayerPi - Play on the retro way of referring to multiple players with numbers in multiplayer. But the constant is Pi instead of a normal integer.
    • powpowbandit - Bandits go pow pow
    • pphair - Mine is the first letter of my first name P, and my last name Phair. Some people read it as PeePeeHair which dates back to when I was doing exams. My friends and I were sitting out on the grass between exams, the term pphair came up somehow and we had a good laugh at how silly it was.
    • Premium Quality - When I first lurked Neogaf, I ran into this topic and it scarred me forever. Decided to share my misery with everyone else. [Check his post for the link!]
    • PrinceofTheUniverse - I guess it's "technically" a Queen Reference but I meant it as more of a Highlander reference.
    • Pyro - I like fire. This username is usually taken but somehow I managed to get it here.
    • Qingwudalian - Well I am a Chinese and qingwudalian in Chinese means please do not hit my face...I suck in playing competitive games and that is why I use this ID for all those kinda games.
    • Qiou94 - I made up the name Qiou as a username a while ago (it should be pronounced like "Kio", I guess), but even though it's not a real name it's usually taken, so I had to add my birth year to it.
    • radicata - is my tumblr url and its the partial name of a gross lookin mushroom (sparassis radicata)
    • Renton - My name comes from the Book/Movie Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh. I've used it online and in gaming since I can remember
    • RiceEater22 - My favorite food is rice, I have it with almost every meal. Random 22 at the end because the original was already taken.
    • Ringedwithtile - It's a part of a lyric from a song I like: "The Big Gloom" by Have a Nice Life, which is about the assassination of Marat. Just a part of the song I like, it's the first verse that's harmonized and I like the use of words.
    • Ritz1906 - Friends of mine at work used to call me cracker(another story) as a joke. One day I said "Let's get this straight, if I am a cracker we need it be known I'm not a bland Saltine, if anything I'm a Ritz Roasted Vegetable kind of cracker". From then on they would call me Ritz. The number comes from the store we worked at
    • rossthebassist - my names ross and i play bass (well used too lol)
    • Ruaidhri18 - Ruaidhri is the old gaelic way of spelling my name, Rory, meaning "red king" from the Irish ruadh, meaning "red", and rí, meaning "king." It is a name I have used for playing fantasy RPGs, MMOs, and user names. Its also fun to hear people confused on how to announce it, so I keep using it. The 18 is just day of my birth.
    • RuinerPrime - Ruiner is my favorite NIN song since I was a kid in the 90's. It was gonna be my handle on xbox but it was taken, so I went with KingRuiner. Changed it up on ps3 & ps4 as RuinerPrime and its what I've been sticking with since.
    • runner609 - My friends play Dota, and I am the noob among them.. I cannot face another player one on one.. So every time I see someone I "run back" and bring one of my friends to the battle.. so the name - runner. 609 is just a arbitrary number..
    • Rynomite - Some letters from my first, and last name mushed together. Also Rhino was my nickname as a young'n.
    • SabotageTheTruth - I just genuinely like the way the words fit together for my username. I could assign it some deeper meaning, but I'd be lying to everyone. I'd be... sabotaging the truth.
    • Sage Of Thyme - My name is a play on the Sages from Ocarina of Time, and the herbs Sage and Thyme. I used to work in kitchens, though I actually came up with the name before I went to culinary school. Because of my background in food I still use the name.
    • SaltyRamen - I love ramen. Especially shio which translates to "salt".
    • sam776 - It's my nickname with random numbers I decided I liked in 2010.
    • SamsonLoftin - It's my name.
    • Saya - The usernames I use on other forums are even dumber. I want to be one with my inner Japanese girl.
    • Sazime - My name is Sam, and in a High School bowling league I needed a "handle," (pre-internet). A 'Z' seemed like a good idea, and the additional vowels just fleshed it out. Now, it's what I use everywhere I can. If you see a "Sazime" it's either me, or a Ukrainian gambling site.
    • sblomkamp - Damn, I am super boring. My name is Steven and my last name is Blomkamp. I told myself I'd appear more professional if I kept it consistent and forward facing across the interwebs (and I'm also all for no anonymity where possible)
    • seb231 - It's the number sequence Hotmail suggested to me about 15yrs ago... :(
    • Sentinel Beach - I love Naughty Dog and Jak & Daxter, and I particularly love this early area in the first game. It's somehow really tranquil and the aesthetics there calm me.
    • seppo91 - Seppo91 is just a weird nick of my name, sebastian, that a couple of finnish friends started calling me. The other name I go by, Nakenorm, is swedish for Naked snake, as in Big boss from MGS3.
    • ShenmueGuru - The Guru of all that is Shenmue, due to how long I've been a fan. Just thought it up the night I began watching the Shenmue 2 streams from the GT days.
    • Shtebenus - Me and a friend in school wrote a play about being a gladiator. My character name was Shtebenus a play on my real name Steven. Kinda stuck since then and it's still my go to username. Been about 14 years. I often get asked how you pronounce it: shtee-ben-us. Online I refer to my username as just Shte. Seems simpler.
    • sigmalives - I was playing a lot of Mega Man X4 when I was beginning to get on the internet, and settled on sigmalives because of it. I'm not really even a big Mega Man fan in general, it was just a moment in my timeline that has stuck out of convenience for nearly 20 years.
    • SilentConsonant - English is Dumb! Consonants are Silent sometimes and often unneeded! so it's kind on an Ironic name because all the Consonants in Silent Consonant are needed.
    • SilveryRow - Unimaginatively, my favourite colour is silver and Row is the first syllable of my name. I'm still waiting for my awesome gamertag discovery moment...
    • Sir-Sister-of-Suck - Old poster on GT forums; I was renaming myself and was trying to think of something that would sound really unforgettable. There was another user with a name that rhymed with mine, so I got the inspiration from that. But I mean fuck, what is a sir sister anyway?
    • sithgungan - lol look up the darth jar jar Reddit theory
    • Skatejimmy5 - Skate because I used to skate a lot, Jimmy is my name, and at the first place I registered it on Skatejimmy was taken so 5 is a random number.
    • SkullKid - Back in 1998 when I was playing Ocarina of Time was announced I was fascinated by the SkullKid, so I began a crusade in forums to actually trying to raise awareness for a game on SkullKid, using that nickname. It didn't go well, but unexpectedly for me Nintendo made Majora's Mask two years later and I was so happy
    • Sniper-BoOyA- - dates from the good old Ghost Recon (Desert Siege and Island Thunder) days. I had to come up with a name and since I have Always been facinated by Sniper's in general the name 'Sniper' was an easy name. Added 'Booya' later on due to the popularity of 'Sniper' back in the day. Had to differentiate somehow.
    • Smartzke - My older sister game me this username for some dumb forum I was on about 15 years ago, and it stuck. It's based around my initials with a few extra letters thrown in. ALSO I was gonna change my username to just my first name before posting in this thread, but someone else literally just signed up with that username.
    • Song - Song is from when I went to my first melee tourney and i didn't have a tag so I said the first word that came into my head. before that i was of 'nickrox' and i didn't want to be known as that
    • sonmi - Changed from "Hungry-hobo" after I changed my avatar for one of Sonmi from Cloud Atlas a couple of years back, and it simply stuck.
    • Sora - ..I like Kingdom Hearts
    • SpideySon - I'm Spider-Man's son.
    • Spud_1231 (Changed to tok9 now, tokeeffe9 on forums) - As a foolish 18 year old who didn't know how the internet/PSN worked, I set up the username Spud_1231 on my friends PS3 with my email. I had it in my head that I could just change it.... But eventually I added friends and unlocked trophies so I just stuck with it.
    • Stephleref - "Steph" is the popular short version of "Stéphane" (my real name). "le" is "the" in french. "ref" is short for "referee". Me and my friends are big hockey fans and one day my friend called me "le ref" because my friends were having an argument and i was the neutral party trying to get my friends to solve their issues.
    • Stormcrownn - My username is from Elder Scrolls lore. From Tiber Septim's History; "The most commonly accepted story within the Empire is that Tiber Septim was born in Atmora as Talos, meaning Stormcrown in old Ehlnofey, hence Talos Stormcrown" I add another N because Stormcrown is taken on a few sites.
    • StuffOnARock - Mine is from Norm McDonald standup. Skip to 3:13 and watch to 3:43 or so. [Check his post in this thread for the video!]
    • SufamiDan - My username is SufamiDan as I love Super Famicom and my name is Daniel.
    • SuperDivatastic - I don't exactly remember how it started, but at some point one of my friends called me a diva and I totally yucked it up like a cartoonish super diva-like personality as a joke, but then decided that wasn't actually such a bad name to call myself!
    • suplextrain - Self explanatory
    • Swaysome - Mine is mononym . Though the last part has a meaning I swear I didn't create on urban dictionary.....Being called waysome is the greatest honor and has the same feeling as looking into the face of god and having him say you are his finest creation.
    • Sword Familiar - Sword Familiar from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I just love that game. My avatar is the Star Dragon Sword from Suikoden though, but they are pretty similar.
    • Swordfish00830 - [Swordfish] from a little know anime called "Cowboy Bebop" it is the name of Spikes spaceship. [00830] It was an old one but a good one called Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory.
    • Sylux7 - Sylux because he's a mysterious character in the Metroid prime universe. 7 or VII because I was born in 97. And its a nice number lol
    • Talkin_Tasty - The context will probably be lost but me and a buddy of mine used to get drunk all of the time and have ridiculous conversations while dipping our finger into the top of our beer bottle and then licking our finger and say "you know what I'm talkin about". So we coined it as we were just talkin tasty.
    • Tankallex - It's just a unique name I've used for my game characters and avatars for a long time.
    • Tankard - My favourite German Thrash Metal band.
    • Tearju Engi - TearjuEngi is just how it´s spelled with a twists from T.R.U.N.G.. The letters of my name. Was thinking of using it as a name for other purposes later.
    • TechnoRage1127 - So I was looking for a handle that was kind of clichéd but also spoke to me. I'm really into Sci-Fi and really loved the Techno-Mages from Babylon 5. But I thought if I had a handle with Mage that would make people think I prefer mage class. So, just rhymed mage with rage and here we go.
    • The_Andredal - this username stems from a Battle For Middle Earth 2 hero that i made and is now a name i use almost everywhere because it's unique and i like it
    • TheBearlociraptr23 - In high school me and some friends had a weird joke about how if a bear ever crossed with a velociraptor the world would basically end. So it was the bearlociraptor, and I needed one less character so I dropped the second O. 23 comes from a friend of mine who believes the number 23 is magic and haunts him.
    • TheHashtag0nist - It's a play on the word Protagonist (or Antagonist depending on where you stand) mixed with a little Twitter.
    • The Last Villain - I'm just a villain (who might secretly want to be a hero)
    • TheUltimoGringo - I was the only white dude to play El Fuerte in Street Fighter 4 in my scene and I needed a heel persona.
    • ThisIsMyDogKyle - [In] Despicable Me there is a dog named Kyle and the first time you clearly hear him say the name he says "This is Kyle my... dog." ...one of my friends consistently saying "This is my dog, Kyle" every time he saw me for like a year as a joke I just decided "Screw it" and fully embraced my new name.
    • Thunder Lobster - The name "Thunder Lobster" has passed down through my family for generations. I once asked my Grandfather about it, and he said the meaning was lost to time. In my research I've traced the name to the Anunnaki extraterrestrial species. I'm not sayings it was aliens.... but it was aliens.
    • Thunderous Prophet - Ran my real name through the wu-tang name generator online.
    • ThyBlight - Always thought the plant disease "Blight" was cool sounding. I got emo after my girlfriend cheated on me and so, on the forum I used to frequent, I changed my name to Blight, because I thought I was diseased from the inside out. Now lots of people use the name so I decided to add "thy" instead of "the" in front of it.
    • TMek7 - My first initial is a T, my middle initial is an M, combining M with my surname kinda sounds like Machine, so T-Mech became TMek ...and 7 is one of my favourite numbers.
    • TokyoSlim - Tokyo Slim is a name I started using after seeing it in Japan. It sounds like a pool shark or pimp name, but the Tokyo Slim campaign was a program Tokyo Metro Govt. came up with to reduce trash. I also go by River Kwai which is a reference to The Bridge on the River Kwai, by one of my favorite directors, David Lean.
    • tomoko - I was watching Watamote and hanging out in IRC, and at some point I changed my nick to this and decided it was a keeper. I think I feel a bit of my personality in it as well. People also seem to get really upset whenever they're defeated by someone named tomoko with an anime avatar! Sometimes I go by tomokers instead.
    • TongueSurgery - ...I thought about how much of my life I have been very introverted; bringing about the tired old saying "Cat got your tongue?" in my earlier years... I decided to make my PSN ID and future online handles "TongueSurgery" as a way to simultaneously self-deprecate but also remind myself of why I chose that name...
    • ToonLink - I think my username is probably self explanatory to most people, but I chose it because I'm a huge Zelda fan and Wind Waker is one of my favourites of the series.
    • tostidos - tostidos was a nickname my best friend in high school gave me and it stuck. Really close to my last name.
    • Tragosaurus - Mine is just a play off my last name. Growing up everyone thought my last name sounded like a dinosaur so I just ran with it
    • Tregard - This was the name I used originally when I signed up for my first online game, Runescape. It's supposed to be the name of the main character from the British kids show "Knightmare", but I spelled it incorrectly, so therefore nobody else ever seems to use it!
    • UziSuicide666 - Uzi suicide was the record label of Guns N Roses. I've always been a huge fan of music. It also represents the idea of overkill, of using supreme force to commit even the simplest act, and I think that represents my personality pretty well. 666 in Roman numerology stands for Nero, the ultimate iconoclast.
    • V8Dave - My name's Dave and I like cars (not vegetable juice!)
    • vanti - Antevante which is what my parents called me as a kid (Ante for Anders + vante meaning mitten) into Antivanti and later shortened to vanti which practically became my IRL name as well for a long time.
    • Vexchaneu - Vexchaneu Vex(vexing) cha(chaotic) neu(neutral)
    • WarpHype - Long time GT fan from way back in 2006 here! Looks like I'm on good company! My name is a play on Warp Pipe from Mario Bros., but with Hype. ^_^
    • Whiskeyjack - Whiskeyjack is a character from The Malazan Book of the Fallen series written by Steven Erikson. Check it out [Link in post]
    • WildSaltyBosmanApprs - I chose to make something that is a fun and playful take on both Bosman's love of the Pokémon franchise and make a light hearted jab at his sometimes unintentionally abrasive personality traits when replying to or interacting with some of the other Allies
    • Womble - From the UK children's show 'The Wombles'
    • YaBoiBennyB - My coworker who was very fond of wrestling would give people wrestling intros when they would walk in the store. Mine was " Yo it's Ya Boi Big Benny B in the place to be!! "
    • Yeoubie - Yeou means fox in Korean, and Bi(e) means rain in Korean. I love the rain, and I love foxes. I like the sound of it, and the look of it. I'm currently also studying Korean so I'm just in a Korean mood overall. Needed a new online alias since my old one was embarrassing and I just wanted a new start.
    • youchube - New to forums so thought this might be a good place to start :P My username's a play on "Youtube" and how I hear Europeans say it. Thought it up about 8 years ago from my old friend on Habbo (when that was a thing) who pronounced it that way and it stuck ever since.
    • yungstar - Yungstar, my birth name.
    • zdman - A long time ago, it started off as Zeldamaster. Then eventually got abbreviated to Zdman, still referring to Zelda. But, now, I prefer to be called Z.D. The "man" just makes it long enough to be a valid username.
    • ZephyrMoon - Came up with it back in 2007 when I got my first PS3 and I was trying to figure out a name that also had all my favorite things at the time (still love now.)
    • ZombieProof - Is the name of the graphic novel series I co-own and illustrate.
    • Zombiesaurus - Zombies & dinosaurs go together like love & respect.

• This post reserved just in case as well

• JustCallMeBuddy, because my nickname is buddy. but buddy is almost always taken.

• radicata is my tumblr url and its the partial name of a gross lookin mushroom (sparassis radicata)

• CaPrIcIoUsLy InSaNe

I usted to read Homestuck, an amazing webcomic, One of the characters was a "Capricorn" and his Online User was that, thats all I can say without going into spoiler territory...

;o)

• My name is Alex White, lol. My art blog is alexwhitecreates, my Steam is alexwhiteplays, my BattleNet is alexplays, my League summoner name is alexwhiteplays... [First name] [Last name] [Verb describing the activity relevant to the account] is kind of my calling-card username creation process at this point.

• Global Moderator

Spud_1231 - This is a stupid one. As a foolish 18 year old who didn't know how the internet/PSN worked, I set up the username Spud_1231 on my friends PS3 (his nickname is spud) with my email. I had it in my head that I could just change it or use another username. But eventually I added friends and unlocked trophies so I just stuck with it.

I'm not a fan of it but people in EZA chat just represent it with me being Irish so it's not the worst one out there. It's also very easy to remember and pronounce :)

• My surname... Easy one. Never had a proper alias. Sometimes use jompard which was two names mashed together. Lampard and John Terry. Chelsea players but since Lampard left Chelsea I haven't used it

• Used to play the original Super Smash Bros. often with friends when I was little. To help keep track of who you're playing as and to track your stats in that game, it lets you enter a four letter code or name. My username is simply that four letter code name I used to use.

• Banned

Art - I do drawings and stuff. Duh, right?

• @tokeeffe9 Had to shorten it just a little. Is how it looks okay with you? Also, lol. Maybe one day they'll give you the option to change your PSN.

@Mbun Never wanted to make a longer one? Nothing wrong with it being short and sweet though!

@Art Duh! I can only imagine getting that username isn't very easy to get most of the time.

• I was picking a name for the main character in the story I write, and after some time scrambling through internet I've decided for Nillend. Since I liked it so much, I've also used it for my username on almost everything.

• It's a part of a lyric from a song I like: "The Big Gloom" by Have a Nice Life, which is about the assassination of Marat. Just a part of the song I like, it's the first verse that's harmonized and I like the use of words.

• An oscillator is the sound generating component of an analog synthesizer. I like analog synthesizers. Rich, warm, ethereal sound.

In addition, to oscillate means to vibrate. I'm always vibrating with crazy ideas and impulses... xD

• @parasitepaladin Being short makes it quicker to write, so it's pretty convenient. Also, despite being so short, it's never taken in anything. Only downside is people always assume it stands for something and ask what it stands for when it's closer to high score initials on arcade cabinets where people just write stuff like SEX or CAR or ACE. It never stood for anything.

• Global Moderator

@parasitepaladin Ya, fine with me.

• I love Naughty Dog and Jak & Daxter, and I particularly love this early area in the first game. It's somehow really tranquil and the aesthetics there calm me.

• You'd think with a name like DramaticSlowMo that the reason for my name would obviously have something to do with an action scenario, but it's actually inspired by a song...

Youtube Video

• I really like mecha stuff and thought I was being clever (nope).