The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS/WiiU)

• Banned

@Stephleref I didn't know Red Dead 2 was coming so soon.

• I'm sorry but the perfects scores (10's) that this game is getting is BS if it's got technical issues (the framerate literally stalls). I'd accept a 9.8, don't know why this gets a pass.

EZA score is acceptable.

However, congrats to the devs.

• Has anyone seen any Wii U reviews, the technical issues make me wonder how well that version runs, and how much of a downgrade it may be.

• I don't really get why people are getting hung up on the "technical issues". I'd wait for some facts first on how bad it really is but I'd also argue the point that some of the greatest games ever made have had technical issues.

If it's something that bothers you, you know about it and don't need to purchase. Why does it bother you so much that it didn't affect the reviewers opinion of the game?

• @tokeeffe9

well I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not hung up on the technical issues and it doesn't take away from the game being near perfect. It wouldn't stop me from playing it. But my point from my previous post is commenting against the fact most game scores are made or broken by their technical efficiency or lack of. It's minor, that fine but, scores should reflect it.

@tokeeffe9 said in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/WiiU):

If it's something that bothers you, you know about it and don't need to purchase. Why does it bother you so much that it didn't affect the reviewers opinion of the game?

I don't think it bothers ppl that much that reviewers like the game. I'm sure there's some that get into a rage about it, but for myself it's a call out to how scores are generated nothing more. there's been lots of awesome games that lost points for issues such as this. But now that I've commented on it twice I've made it a bigger deal then it needed to be.

• Just ordered my Wii U copy for 56€ incl. shipping (thanks to a 15% off deal for new costumers on a toy online shop I never used before, sadly they only have games 12+ and below), I hope I don't regret it like I did with Xenoblade X.
    Will probably get it tuesday or so.

• Id just like to say I told you so to the people that doubted its quality and even said there is no way it would be comparable to fallout, skyrim or the witcher III

• @DMCMaster yeah i definitely hope so, i think damiani's review was basically in the same camp as the others, he just weighed the framerate issues more

• @tokeeffe9 exactly!! Goldeneye averages about 12fps

• @tokeeffe9 Exactly. Not to mention, those technical issues may very well be fixed by a later patch.

• @CGamor7 Different people don't seem to be getting as bad dips, and it's up to the reviewer to decide if it hurts the game enough to drop the score. Bloodworth gave The Last Guardian 5 stars despite much worse, lingering technical issues, because it didn't bother him enough to take away from the game. If Blood can make that choice for The Last Guardian, other reviewers can make a similar choice for Breath of the Wild.

• I think the issue here is indeed the scoring inconsistency among the Allies themselves.

If The Last Guardian had gotten a 4.5/5, Zelda's score wouldn't sting as much. When putting those two reviews side-by-side, it feels unfair that so many glaring issues were overlooked in favour of The Last Guardian when Zelda appears to be punished for those same things.

At the end of the day, it's really not a big deal, we all know that Breath of the Wild is a masterpiece whether it gets a 9 or a 10 from Damiani, the content of the review makes that clear.

• how do i get to the Shrine in the Snowy part of the Great Plateau?

i found a torch that i can light on fire and protect me from the cold weather but theres no way across river without putting my flame out :(

• Now that the game is out, please be careful with spoilers everyone!

If you want to discuss specific parts of the game, please be mindful of others.

• my question doesn't even remotely count as a spoiler.

• @Yoshi I wasn't aiming that at you, it was just a general preemptive request ;)

• @Yoshi Damnit Yoshi mine is still... 'out for delivery'

• @Yoshi someone answering it would be. :)

Maybe a spoiler thread should be made or spoiler tags used, even for questions. Sounds like a fun game.

• I see the fanboys are out in force giving this game a 0 on metacritic...

Review

Prob Darj from GT

• @CGamor7 figured it out anyway. all good lol