The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS/WiiU)

• @Churchy My first horse is brown and white named マーベル (maaberu). This is a transliteration of "Marvel", but can also be taken as "marble" because she kinda looks like marbled ice cream. Also, 馬 (ma3) is the word for horse in Mandarin. My second horse had much less thought put into his name; オリオ (orio) or Oreo, cause he's black and white.

• Banned

Can you combine horses to form a giant mega horse?

You know, something like the Megazord or Voltron.

• Banned

Seriously, can horses combine into bigger horses?

This is a deciding factor in my purchase.

• In this thread: people complain about what's arguably been the best reviewed game of all time not being given fair treatment by the press.

• @Fkevy1hre You can get Ganons 'giant' horse in game, its rather brute...ish.

• Where do you go to get Link's signature blue Shiekah tunic that's been used in the advertising for BOTW?

i've got 8 hearts, 4 stamina upgrades and have Freed 2 Divine Beasts now and i STILL haven't come across it at all????

• @Yoshi

Spoiler Find the first of the zelda memories then talk to impa

• @FF7Cloud lame

• Spoiler I felt kinda at a disadvantage by the joycons in the grip last night when fighting the boss at the end of Divine beast Vah Noboris, the boss is so quick that I wish I had the procontroller. (I do love the joycons but for this boss.. not so much)

• @TokyoSlim said in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/WiiU):

In this thread: people complain about what's arguably been the best reviewed game of all time not being given fair treatment by the press.

Nope, i'm simply amazed by the sillyness that people feel the need to rag on Nintendo even when they make a fucking 10 / 98 on metacritic. We gotta go out of our way to discredit it because Nintendo. Then people want to be taken seriously when they complain about them. Why should i when they make a 10 and you still can't just be fucking happy for once?

Telltale has received univeral praise and multiple GOTY awards from Walking Dead Season 1 and not once their terrible engine on console has been put the review score of 94 of their game into question. I have already given other exemples with Skyrim and other open worlds game who are excused for their flaws because "well it's open world". That's my issue.

• @Stephleref Literally none of those games have reviewed as well as BOTW. Relax.
    Not everyone is "out to get Nintendo". I dare say almost nobody is. Sometimes people will give a game a 90 and it doesn't mean that the world is ending, it just means that reviewer, while they were playing, had a slightly less than perfect experience.

Honestly, folks. Back away from the hyperbole here.

BOTW has zero mixed or negative reviews on MC out of 74 reviewers, by the way. ZERO. A 90 is not a mixed review. A 4.5/5 review is not a mixed review. Everyone take a deep breath here. There has never been a unanimous 10/10 game, and there never will be. This is likely to be the closest you'll ever see.

• I read you can either max out stamina or hearts, but not both?

Also I could have lived just fine without weapon durability, there is a reason it was removed from Nioh and Fallout 4, and most other games don't have it in the 1st place, it's a shitty annoying gimmick that has no value.
    That and that cooking is kinda annoying (would have been better with an extra cooking menu, having to put the stuff in Link's hands 1st and then drop it into the pan doesn't feel great and I mostly refrain from cooking and just eat shit raw because it feels so unintuitive, I mean I have so many apples they will last a while) are my only complaints so far though.
    What I love is that you have infinite bombs now.

• @TokyoSlim said in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/WiiU):

@Stephleref Literally none of those games have reviewed as well as BOTW. Relax.
    Not everyone is "out to get Nintendo". I dare say almost nobody is. Sometimes people will give a game a 90 and it doesn't mean that the world is ending, it just means that reviewer, while they were playing, had a slightly less than perfect experience.

Honestly, folks. Back away from the hyperbole here.

BOTW has zero mixed or negative reviews on MC out of 74 reviewers, by the way. ZERO. A 90 is not a mixed review. A 4.5/5 review is not a mixed review. Everyone take a deep breath here. There has never been a unanimous 10/10 game, and there never will be. This is likely to be the closest you'll ever see.

You guys are missing the point, It's not about the review score itself, i don't really give a shit about reviews period, i won't say i don't care AT ALL because if Persona 5 gets like a 4-5/10 i'll be curious and look at the reviews but 7-8-9-10/10? It's on pre-order and i'll play it regardless. If you are gonna care about frame rate review wise for a game then i want to see you do it for all of them. It doesn't matter if it's a 5 stars game or 1 star game. You also can't act like if a negative is said in a review that i just can't say anything about it just because of the score. Even locked 30 FPS should not be accepted on these consoles if you wanna judge frate rate frankly.

• @Stephleref So now we're back to my original post where you're mad, because you don't feel like Zelda reviewers are being FAIR to Zelda, while the fact is, they have made Zelda one of the best reviewed games of all time.

Reviews are not objective, and they are not only supposed to contain praise. Each reviewer should in fact, approach a review in whatever way he/she wants, and give a game whatever score they feel the game deserves, leveling whatever criticism they feel affected their playthrough of that specific game. Not everyone should agree with each other, and they sure shouldn't all agree with YOU. :)

• Also, just for poops and chuckles, I just went and picked a reviewer I know has reviewed all three of the specific games you mentioned, Telltale Walking Dead Season 1, Skyrim, and Zelda. - IGN. And then I went and read all three reviews for all three of those games. Guess what I found? They were critical of the framerate in all three games. So there's that. One can assume that doing the same for many other publications would reveal several similar results. Congratulations, your wish has come true! :p

• I think Zelda basically always receives unfair treatment from the press, usually for the positive. Skyward Sword scored as highly as every other acclaimed 3D Zelda despite the many detractors now that the release has cooled down. A Link Between Worlds Won GOTYs in 2013 which is... kind of hilarious.

I think it's quite obvious that Breath of the Wild has more pressing concerns than the frame rate. Namely, the world feels empty in many parts, animals spawn seemingly randomly and visibly, the lack of enemy variety relative to entries before Skyward Sword, and the fact that they showed all of the mini bosses in the trailers with no abundance of interesting boss fights.

I think it's patently obvious that surface level trends of the day like the obsession with player agency, 'you go straight to the end, or go anywhere you want, and' removing nearly all story from and shortening the tutorial helped the game out in reviewers' eyes. I think I would still rate the game probably at a 9 or a 10 simply because of the fact that none of us can name an open world game with actively good melee combat. And the puzzles are nice. So, from the perspective of a consumer review in reference to other, competing titles, I think Breath deserves the perfect scores. However, once we climb up to that plateau and have the perspective of where we are in reference to other games in the open world action RPG genre, there are more substantive criticisms to be made.

• @Haru17 skyward sword is a great game in a lot of ways and a link between worlds is also amazing so I feel those are justifiably good games

Also I never found the world lifeless

• I used to enjoy Rain.

Then i played The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild....

• I never said the world was 'lifeless.' Quite the opposite — they use randomly spawning animals and enemies to fill the featureless mountains.

• @Haru17 think you were meant to reply to Bigdude not me. lol