Death Stranding

• @brannox said in Death Stranding:

I now understand the fundamental concept: We, as people, need to be kind to one another.

So it's Love and Respect: The Videogame.

• This post is deleted!

• @axel I think EZA should look into litigation X-D

• Blown away by the trailer. It had such a good pace and brought me all over the place, my mind wandering where this game is going and how it'll play out.

The animation looks exactly like MGS V which I love to look at, I even love the feel of EVERYTHING in that game, but in hindsight, it plays a little slow for an action game. We'll see how this game feels.

#1 desire index

• Trailer looked cool, had to watch it without sound so I'll need to give it another look when I get home.

Am I the only one that doesn't think they will hit their Nov 8th release date. I hope they do, my B-day is the 7th and if they meet this release date I'm for sure taking the 8th off.

• @themarcv Meant to say that. I'm counting on them missing this date.

• @e_zed_eh_intern Sony's track record of getting their big titles out in the Fall just haven't been good. They always get pushed to the beginning of next year. I hope I'm wrong here.

• @themarcv I wasn't even thinking about Sony but good point. All those things reported about Kojima always making lasts minute changes always reminded me of that episode of Family Guy where Peter was directing the play.

• That was interesting and does have me intrigued about what game will end up being like, but not so much to rush out and pre order.

• @e_zed_eh_intern Yeah, I don't completely recall but MGS V was delayed after it got a date wasn't it (almost just assume all big AAA games do now a days). I almost feel this date is just to state we (Sony) have a big game coming on this holiday, we aren't going to rely on just third party stuff this year, to only delay it around August and say the game needs a few more months for polish and then were looking at a 2020 release date. I don't care if we have to wait till 2020 to play it, just don't get my hopes up when we both know this thing ain't see the light of day in 2019. Again, would love to have to eat my words on this one.

• Well eff me sideways, that was a trailer! I must've had a pretty stupid look on my face watching that, one full of both confusion and admiration. This feels like something truly unique and epic. I'm not even sure how much I'll like it but oh boy, I'm getting this Day 1. It'll be my first Kojima game, too.
    And to have Apocalyptica playing in the trailer, sweet. Fit well.

• The MGS V feel is getting stronger, with how Sam punches enemies, the AR-esque UI, and the gun combat. I think I have some sort of idea of the lore, but I'm excited to have it all blown away when I experience it for myself.

Also, excellent music choice as always.

• EZA tweeted that they'll react to the trailer at 2 PM Pacific, maybe a little later. But soon, anyway!

Also:

• Banned

I haven't very much liked anything Kojima Productions has made since the MGS trilogy fifteen years ago. This trailer is still too vague to get my hopes up over. I'll wait until I know more. Until we have uninterrupted cutscene to gameplay to menu videos. I say menu because you were looking at menus much more in MGS5 than in, say, MGS2, to the detriment of the game.

• I think they'll hit the release date. You have to remember that a large part of MGSV's development cycle was developing Fox Engine, and Konami is in no small way responsible for much of the game's development issues. Hell, Kojima even hid messages about it in Ground Zeroes.

All in all, I'm so unbelievably fucking down for this game. From Reedus basically doing his best Snake impression to the animations being indestingishable from MGSV, I want it all.

• Just reflecting on my prediction about what we'll see today. I thought for sure we'd learn about the MP component but the only thing about my prediction that stands true is that we MIGHT have seen something about the MP whether we know it or not.

I personally can't even tell if that was shown in this trailer. Maybe the whole game is MP? Still wasn't clear.

• @el-shmiablo I agree with you regarding MGSV and the Fox Engine, and them using an easier system (DECI or whatever Horizon ran off of, and easier like I'd have any idea) is really my only hope that it'll actually hit this release date. Think this game looks really interesting, but mostly I'm just kinda happy Kojima is getting to make the game he wants to instead of another MGS (not that I personally disliked MGS, it just seemed like Kojima was ready to close that book a lot sooner then Konami wanted him to). I just love it when big AAA devs get to make their passion projects, even if it doesn't always work out (i.e. the Order 1886)

• Also, anyone else think its kinda weird of the 3 big PS4 exclusives left (Death Standing, Last of us 2 and Ghost) that this game is coming out before the others. Personally, even though we haven't seen much, I thought Ghost would come out sooner. Infamous Second Son came out five years ago, and that was a PS4 game so its not like the devs had to learn new hardware. MGS V came out also four years ago, and Kojima had to build a new studio and use a new engine to make this game.

• @themarcv I don't think its weird at all, especially when you think about when the public knows of the projects:

Death Stranding officially revealed at Sony's E3 2016
    The Last of Us Part II officially revealed at PSX 2016
    Ghost of Tsushima officially revealed at Paris Games Week 2017.

Take Horizon and God of War..... Shadow Fall came out after Santa Monica started production (2014 to 2013 respectively). Horizon was officially announced first a year before God of War. So I've always felt DS would come first, I just never felt confident in saying by how much. If its down to TLoU II and GoT, I'm predicting the former will come next, following this pattern, even though the Last of Us team started when Uncharted 4 was out while the secondary worked on Lost Legacy, while Second Son was in 2014.

Regardless, the fact we're getting these games at all makes me so happy.

• There's a Japanese trailer too... with some footage not seen in the ones we got.