What would you name the new Mario game coming to Switch?

• Super Mario Bros. 4

• We've seen the Land
    We've seen the World
    We've even seen the goddamn Galaxy

Super Mario Universe, baby

• @Musou-Tensei Also featuring Dante from Devil May Cry.

• @DMCMaster I never did like that Bob Cornhole fella.

• On a semi-related note, I really love the fact that there's a Nintendo console and potentially various games that will share their name with some light BDSM terminology. Or if you're from the south, it could be confused for something to beat those rowdy kids with. Oh, what a time to be alive.

• @SabotageTheTruth No worse than Pokemon S&M or when Pokemon X&Y were announced the scramble for Google to remove any XXX results from Pokemon searches. (Yes, this was a real thing that happened.)

• Super Mario Sunshine 2

• Well seeing as Miyamoto's shirt has a Samurai armour clad Mario on it and that is perhaps one of the most globally well known things from Japan. Couple that with Mario is going to be part of the 2020 Olympics and the preview image/footage we've seen for the game also has a Western-y looking town in it.

I would assume that in the next game Mario is travelling around the Mushroom World sampling the local cultures and unique power-ups they offer as he readies himself for the Olympics.

You'd get your usual set of new power-ups and regional variants on classics as well. Also the concept of travel and exploration fits in nicely with the portable and social aspects of the Switch.

So I'm going to go with something along the lines of Super Mario World Tour or just straight up New Super Mario World.

Or I could be completely wrong and we'll get something along the lines of New Super Mario Galaxy Switch Bros.

• My uncle works at Nintendo and gave me this
    alt text

• Super Mario Uncovered: The Demise of Luigi

idontknow

• @thenerdtheword I'm with you. Going with New Super Mario World, or just Mario World.

• Super Mario: Revengeance

• Banned

Super Mario Land became Super Mario 3D Land
    Super Mario World became Super Mario 3D World

So I think it's obvious what this game is going to be.

Super Mario 3D 64

• U R MR GAY 2?

Failing that I suggest Mr. Shigsy's Game O' Fun 73

• @bard91 said in What would you name the new Mario game coming to Switch?:

Super Mario: Revengeance

Now that would be the best worst Mario game ever made!

• Super Mario Switch, as others have said.

If they were smart they'd name it Super Mario Bros 4 (or whatever), or better yet...

Super Mario Galaxy 2.

It helps bridge the gap between consoles, and really enforces that the new Nintendo Switch console is the real deal.

Now is the time for Nintendo to start labeling their games as 2 or 3 in the series, instead of "Super Mario Bros U" or something.

• @Stormcrownn said in What would you name the new Mario game coming to Switch?:

Super Mario Galaxy 2.

You mean 3? :)

• @Axel man I don't pay attention.

• I would like it to be named Super Mario Adventure.

It is simple and could fit the theme of traveling and visiting unique locations. If the gimmick doesn't lie in it's setting then something fitting the new central mechanic.

Super Mario Mail, Super Mario Bros. Delivery. Super Mario Shipping, Super Mario Share, Super Mario Blocks

Maybe because it is open world Mario and Luigi are delivering packages and mail across the Mushroom Kingdom and Dinosaur island? Part of delivering packages is measuring them... maybe that fits into Miyamoto's guessing of an object's size?

Typically in Mario games we are collecting things ( Stars, Coins, Power-ups), but sometimes we are delivering stuff (Baby Penguin in Mario 64, Fruit in Mario Sunshine) I think delivery is a good mechanic to base missions on for an Open World Mario game. It gives purpose to the things we collect by giving them a destination and story.

You can have Bowser either stealing mail or him having a rival shipping company. Could we get an in universe explanation of where the question blocks come from? You could tie in the whole mail theme with Street Pass functionality and Miiverse.

• @gerrhod That is a wild idea that I love! It would be a different approach to Mario which wouldn't necessarily completely change the gameplay of Mario but could add some cool new mechanics and context to the games. Instead of just chasing a shadow Mario to a goal because reasons you are racing a rival delivery character to the pickup spot so your company gets the contract. Instead of collecting stars because they power your weird spaceship or for no real reason you are doing your job. Make it happen Nintendo!