Dumb Game Monday Discussion

• I would like to start this thread by saying; PokePark for Life!

Who else thinks that PokePark has been the best Dumb Game Monday playthrough yet?

• It is so refreshing to see Bosman laugh and enjoy a silly game without fanboys bashing it. It's so awesome to just let go and just enjoy games every once in awhile.

• Has this playthough gotten better? Caught what I think was the second stream and had to turn it off because it was so boring :P

• @Hoken Not for me, it's good to see Kyle enjoying it, but it's a borefest to me, i'm just waiting for the next Dumb Game, lol.

• I find that since Kyle is so well versed in the Pokemon lore, he is much more comfortable dealing with stuff in PokePark game and his commentary gets loads more entertaining. Sort of like how it is in Bosman v Wozniak.

• PokePark has a sweet real-time implementation of Pokemon battles. It really needs some balancing, of course, but there is huge potential for an actual game just from the combat system.

As a full game, yeah, PokePark is repetitive and simple and childish...but it's a Dumb Game! And I really don't watch streams/videos/whatever for the game, I watch for the dude playing the game. And if I'm being honest, I'm really just listening, only watching about a quarter of the time.

Except for Tetris. Can't tear my eyes away from Tetris.

• Yea, for some reason Tetris is mesmerising.

• @Bosman, what is your final score for PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure?

• So Gemini: Heroes Reborn is quite the gem.

It's like a mix of Half-Life 2, Star Wars, and whatever time swapping powers (until Dishonored 2 comes out).

• Easy Ally

@MiserablePerson I can't believe I forgot to score it!

PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure: 8.1

• So now that Mr Kyle @Bosman has an xbox, fully playable would a certain xbox game "Star Wars: Obi Wan" be considered for a possible future stream? Something that would make me proud to enjoy this all time classic of an xbox exclusive

• Do the comments disappear after posting them in the latest Patreon post by Kyle? I just voted like I was asked to, and my post vanished after hitting Enter. And there are literally no comments there now, at least visible. 65 likes I see.

• @Sentinel-Beach Patreon kinda borked sometime after the No Man's Sky review went up.

• Dumb Game Monday came back! It's been a while. We chose Pryzm, and we chose... poorly. Man, that was horrible. Still, the reactions we got from Kyle by the end were some truly great DGM stuff, he got me laughing so hard with him. Only I wasn't about to go insane. :D "So many levels... I'm losing my mind!" Great stream in that regard, but hopefully we'll pick a nicer surprise next time. :)

• Mixed feelings about Dumb Game Monday, it turns out some gems but I've never been one to watch someone play a game they didn't enjoy.

I had fun marathoning the Banjo Kazooie and Pokemon TCG2 playthroughs with the wife for a week each, was quite the adventure having experienced both games already myself. So it seems strange to go back to Dumb Game Monday after having a clear example of how fun streams can be when everyone is enjoying it on both sides of the screen.

Maybe I'm the only one? lol. I'm sure people like to watch Kyle cringe.

• @ZyloWolfBane You're certainly not the only one. I've tried to watch a few Dumb Game Mondays, but perhaps the ones I looked into were real stinkers of games.

On the flipside, I've really loved the Tekken 3, SSX, and Pokemon TCG 2 streams to death because it's just good vibes all around. Granted, DGM is offering something different since the 9 generally stream games they love but I don't know... I'd rather not have Kyle suffer at our expense. That can happen during the next fantasy football season, not during a stream.

• @SabotageTheTruth said in Dumb Game Monday Discussion:

@ZyloWolfBane You're certainly not the only one. I've tried to watch a few Dumb Game Mondays, but perhaps the ones I looked into were real stinkers of games.

On the flipside, I've really loved the Tekken 3, SSX, and Pokemon TCG 2 streams to death because it's just good vibes all around. Granted, DGM is offering something different since the 9 generally stream games they love but I don't know... I'd rather not have Kyle suffer at our expense. That can happen during the next fantasy football season, not during a stream.

Hah, I loved that last part.

It's just different...if someone is struggling at a game that isn't designed like crap and is widely enjoyed by most people, it's one thing.

But to play a game that is literally bottom of the barrel garbage intentionally? Games NOBODY could possibly enjoy? It's hard to sit through, I compare it to like...watching someone who sucks at souls try to "Git gud" over someone playing Superman 64 just because it's bloody awful.

• But Kyle has his limits, as we just saw. He doesn't spend weeks playing some garbage, if the game really is that, like we just saw with Pryzm. He spent hour and a half with it and said "I'm done, never again". There are many games he didn't spend too much time on, like the dinosaur fighting game, or that Beowulf game he never finished.

The idea of the DGMs is to find the gems that are hidden there, like the Pantheon of the few selected shows. Those are games he enjoyed and so did the audience (more or less). It's great to finally find something fun and interesting among the titles you never knew would possess something like that. Those are really nice moments in these streams.

• @Sentinel-Beach I could see that appeal. Maybe just a simple tag of the archive/YT video stating a game actually is a hidden gem could alleviate that issue and allow others to get into the idea.

• So I broke down and decided to start watching the Pryzm playthrough. I'm having a good time actually! I loved reading the 7 IGN gave this game...

"Deserving at least of a couple of playthroughs before shrugging it off as yet another budget disaster..."

A couple?!