Kill Your Babies! Demolish the Dreamcast!

• For this Kill Your Babies!, I've never owned, much less played a Sega system, so I'm going to have no investment further watching the games fall one. By. One.

As always, just in case there are new players, here are the rules:

Rule #1: When you make a kill, give your reason why you are killing. Just taking it out isn't all that inspiring. Whether you truly dislike it, you strike out of revenge, you feel that there are other important titles that should have made it, or you have legitimate critiques, explaining your kill is necessary to validate its death. Yes, even to those of you who kill because they're good (Because that makes sense :joy: )

Rule #2: Please keep the updated list for the benefit of other players. Cross through your kill to identify what's been chosen.

Rule #3: You may kill another game after only three other people have made a kill OR if 12 hours have passed from the last overall kill (not necessarily your own). This should be plenty of time for others to get involved.

Rule #4: If you fail to give a reason, make a 2nd kill without allowing the time to pass/proper amount of players a turn, or if there is an unforeseen issue up for potential review, your kill may not be recognized. This rule is subjective to the situation and hopefully will not be implemented.

Rule #5: Per normal, we will have a straw poll for the final two. Please vote for the one you want to win, not lose.

Let me know if you have any questions. Your kills are your own, so be ruthless, uncompromising, and most importantly:

HAVE FUN!!!

Marvel vs Capcom 2
    Jet Set Radio
    Project Justice: Rival Schools 2
    Cannon Spike
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
    Shenmue
    Samba De Amigo
    Grandia 2
    Soul Calibur
    Puyo Puyo Fever/Puyo Pop Fever
    Shenmue II
    Power Stone II
    Typing of the Dead
    Sonic Adventure
    Skies of Arcadia
    Blue Stinger
    Crazy Taxi
    Crazy Taxi 2
    Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage
    Sonic Shuffle
    Omikron: The Nomad Soul
    Phantasy Star Online
    Metropolis Street Racer
    Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future
    TimeStalkers

• @Brannox said in Kill Your Babies! Demolish the Dreamcast!:

Marvel vs Capcom 2
    Jet Set Radio
    Cannon Spike
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
    Shenmue
    Samba De Amigo
    Grandia 2
    Soul Calibur
    Shenmue II
    Power Stone II
    Typing of the Dead
    Sonic Adventure
    Skies of Arcadia
    Blue Stinger
    Crazy Taxi
    Crazy Taxi 2
    Sonic Shuffle
    Phantasy Star Online
    Metropolis Street Racer
    TimeStalkers

I'm going to take this opportunity to not kill any babies. The Dreamcast itself is my baby. I will avert my eyes.

• Marvel vs Capcom 2
    Jet Set Radio
    Cannon Spike
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
    Shenmue
    Samba De Amigo
    Grandia 2
    Soul Calibur
    Shenmue II
    Power Stone II
    Typing of the Dead
    Sonic Adventure
    Skies of Arcadia
    Blue Stinger
    Crazy Taxi
    Crazy Taxi 2
    Sonic Shuffle
    Phantasy Star Online
    Metropolis Street Racer
    TimeStalkers

The Dreamcast is a great system with a lot of great games. It also has Sonic Shuffle, and I'm not gonna let that live on longer than something like Sonic Adventure which deserves a spot on the list.

• Marvel vs Capcom 2
    Jet Set Radio
    Cannon Spike
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
    Shenmue
    Samba De Amigo
    Grandia 2
    Soul Calibur
    Shenmue II
    Power Stone II
    Typing of the Dead
    Sonic Adventure
    Skies of Arcadia
    Blue Stinger
    Crazy Taxi
    Crazy Taxi 2
    Phantasy Star Online
    Metropolis Street Racer
    TimeStalker
    Thanks to that game my cousin had his Dreamcast taken away (then again he did play it at 3AM on a tuesday on a school night......still)

• RIP Samba. You are/were my favorite rhythm game of all time, your unique control scheme, plastic accouterments, and sunny Latin music featuring a handful of songs by Ricky Martin will live eternal in the twilight of my heart.

*if you like, you can imagine this, and all other following eulogies being read in the voice of Leonard Nimoy as Seaman. The Knack of the Dreamcast.

• Marvel vs Capcom 2
    Jet Set Radio
    Cannon Spike
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
    Shenmue
    Grandia 2
    Soul Calibur
    Shenmue II
    Power Stone II
    Typing of the Dead
    Sonic Adventure
    Skies of Arcadia
    Blue Stinger
    Crazy Taxi
    Crazy Taxi 2
    Phantasy Star Online
    Metropolis Street Racer
    TimeStalker

I never owned a Dreamcast. I only played a handful of games at my high school friends' homes. They were true visionaries at the time, the same way Wii U owners will be remembered and celebrated. While I was a non-believer.
    All this to say I have zero emotional attachment to any of these games.
    I'm only here to kill your babies in front of you and break your collective hearts.
    Therefore I will start my massacre with a beautiful, innocent creature: Ecco the Dolphin. He ain't gonna defend no future now.
    Tremble.

• Marvel vs Capcom 2
    Jet Set Radio
    Cannon Spike
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
    Shenmue
    Grandia 2
    Soul Calibur
    Shenmue II
    Power Stone II
    Typing of the Dead
    Sonic Adventure
    Skies of Arcadia
    Blue Stinger
    Crazy Taxi
    Crazy Taxi 2
    Phantasy Star Online
    Metropolis Street Racer
    TimeStalker

Only doing this because it was just as good on other platforms, and right now I don't have the heart to kill any others that were exclusive to the system or best on the system. Oh dear lord this is hard as I was a diehard Dreamcast supporter from the beginning.

• Here lies Anthony Hawk Deuce, a rad game. He introduced us to such great times and great tunes, Bad Religion, Anthrax and Public Enemy, Lagwagon... and for that I will be forever in his debt. Weep not for this fallen bird, for Tony Hawk 2 will soar on forever in the afterlife...

• @Churchy said in Kill Your Babies! Demolish the Dreamcast!:

it was just as good on other platforms

Nope. Better graphics than PS1, N64 had nerfed soundtrack and bugs, and the Xbox (2X) version was a weird mashup with a messed up presentation.

• Marvel vs Capcom 2
    Jet Set Radio
    Cannon Spike
    Shenmue
    Grandia 2
    Soul Calibur
    Shenmue II
    Power Stone II
    Typing of the Dead
    Sonic Adventure
    Skies of Arcadia
    Blue Stinger
    Crazy Taxi
    Crazy Taxi 2
    Phantasy Star Online
    Metropolis Street Racer
    TimeStalker

While technically a much more polished experience and a more "complete" game Crazy Taxi 2 is getting the chop because the first game has my love forever.

Now take me to the FILA Store!
    Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!

• @Oscillator

Curse you nostalgia, you fail me once again! Well either way, I couldn't bring myself to vote for any of the others so it had to die. But it was a quick and painless death I assure you.

• Marvel vs Capcom 2
    Jet Set Radio
    Cannon Spike
    Shenmue
    Grandia 2
    Soul Calibur
    Shenmue II
    Power Stone II
    Typing of the Dead
    Sonic Adventure
    Skies of Arcadia
    Blue Stinger
    Crazy Taxi
    Phantasy Star Online
    Metropolis Street Racer
    TimeStalker

It's a Sonic game... where one of the chapters.... is all about fishing with a mentally deranged cat.

• Marvel vs Capcom 2
    Jet Set Radio
    Cannon Spike
    Shenmue
    Grandia 2
    Soul Calibur
    Shenmue II
    Power Stone II
    Typing of the Dead
    Skies of Arcadia
    Blue Stinger
    Crazy Taxi
    Phantasy Star Online
    Metropolis Street Racer
    TimeStalker

I can't bring myself to kill a great game just to spite you all, maybe later. In the meantime, I'm getting rid of the non-exclusive shovelware.

• @Axel said in Kill Your Babies! Demolish the Dreamcast!:

I can't bring myself to kill a great game just to spite you all, maybe later. In the meantime, I'm getting rid of the non-exclusive shovelware.

It was console exclusive to Dreamcast for nearly 4 years. The characters had Dreamcasts strapped to their backs! And nobody with sense could ever call a well-reviewed, unique, Sega-published spinoff of one of their best known franchises shovelware!

• @Oscillator I stand corrected. And I warned earlier I was going to troll in this thread, so don't worry I don't really mean it ;)

• Marvel vs Capcom 2
    Jet Set Radio
    Cannon Spike
    Shenmue
    Grandia 2
    Soul Calibur
    Shenmue II
    Power Stone II
    Skies of Arcadia
    Blue Stinger
    Crazy Taxi
    Phantasy Star Online
    Metropolis Street Racer
    TimeStalker

I just don't think it's as good as the other games. Plus, it's always in every second hand or retro Dreamcast section and can lead to disappointment when thinking you may have found a rare title.

• Metropolis Street Racer, undervalued in life due to it being a late game on a dying console, stands as an innovator and a founding member of the console street racing genre in its passing. Had Sega allowed the devs to port this to ps2, as they wanted to, it may well have been this first game, and not the followup PGR that gained the accolades from the fans of this generation.

The game features 260+ tracks to race in some of the most accurately modeled London, Tokyo, and San Francisco of any racing game of its time. Many of the ideas and mechanics used in this were put directly into the followup game Project Gotham Racing.

Far from being a mediocre racer, it scored high critical marks upon release, but after a few high profile bugs were found, the game was recalled and re-released a short time later. But it was too late. The game languished in sales, finding it's way into the bargain bins of the world, and the bargain bin in our hearts.

Here's to wishing that in the afterlife, MSR will be lauded with all the sweet kudos it failed to achieve in this world. RIP.

• This is the slowest killing game ever.
    And I'm not helping.

• @Sentinel-Beach every death is a tragedy. Ok, maybe not sonic shuffle. But like, pretty much everything else.

• Well, okay, I can help I can help you out. @Sentinel-Beach

alt text

Marvel vs Capcom 2
    Jet Set Radio
    Cannon Spike
    Shenmue
    Grandia 2
    Soul Calibur
    Shenmue II
    Power Stone II
    Skies of Arcadia
    Blue Stinger
    Crazy Taxi
    Phantasy Star Online
    TimeStalker

The picking a random number has spoken. I suppose, out of all the ones on this list....Blue Stinger doesn't have a loyal following. Seems like this game gets laughed at ant not taken seriously.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.