For Honor (PC/PS4/XB1)

• @Paper-Lion Nice! I wasn't all that interested in the game but watching the streams this past weekend changed that. I will definitely download the beta and play around with it for a bit.

• Curious about the best tips/guides videos people have found? During the few hours I played it was plenty tough to absorb what was happening. It helps so much to have a gist of the interplay with the basic combat, special moves and combos of the classes.

The best I've found at the moment by Cartoonz only covers the Knights, but its pretty in depth. It also helps to know your enemy, and the archetypes across each faction are similar.

Knight Faction Intro

Knight Faction Classes

Be prepared and enjoy the open beta to the fullest :D

• @Valordar said in For Honor:

I was sold on this game the moment I played Bushido Blade in 97'. I got into the last evening of the Beta after enjoying the Huber stream and loved; the combat, different modes, the faction war, the char progression and the depth of visual customization.

The only other thing I would want for this game is perhaps an EZA community. I will be playing on PS4 and I'm GMT but I have barely used the community/party/chat features in the past. Hell I would even stay up late get up early to participate in a For Honor fightclub EZA style. I can imagine a friendly ego free group training through duels and brawls against numerous classes including the mighty Allies themselves. I care not for MLG attitude, but as Huber says he wants to be great at this game.

As warriors we owe it to Vandenbergh!

LOVE, RESPECT & HONOR!

I agree, it would be cool to have some sort of community. The EZA Mead Hall.
    I hope there's a clan system that allows for that kind of thing. Otherwise we'll just have to make a dedicated thread or something with psn names and gamertags listed so we can add each other. It's way more awkward and time consuming manually adding loads of people though.

What is everyone going to play on, by the way? I'm going PS4.

• As someone who's running his own game scheduling site, here's my suggestion to you:
    Create a new topic like this:
    For Honor [PS4] - 9pm EST, Every night starting Feb 14
    And just have people add their PSN account names (don't remember if there's Clan support)

That way, you avoid adding people who are in a completely different time-zone you'll never play with. You want to set a rough time around which people will congregate.

• @Dakhath aye, may start this up around open beta time when hopefully few more peeps will be trying out the game. Though I know I would happily overlap timezones where possible.

• @Paper-Lion Pretty sure there wont be a clan system in game for each separate platform :/ But a PS4 group is a definite, plus Dakhath ideas below.

Blergh, 7 more days till 9th.

• I think there's a clan system in the game. Or will be, anyway. They released their new video showing off the season pass and future content, and in one of the frames you could see a computer with a menu that looked like a bunch of clan type things.

alt text

• Can anyone tell me the point of deflections? They seem like they're much harder to pull off than parries and your risk of getting hit as a result is much higher.

• @Dakhath certain characters pull into combos or moves off deflections which gives 1 free unblockable hit

I have to say that I have had the urge to play this game a lot since the beta closed. Funny how the combat stayed with me even though I wasn't crazy in love while playing it. Having said that I have significant reservations and about the in game currency system and also the fact that they made the campaign always online holds me back from picking this up. I'll wait to see how it shakes out. Ubisoft Doesn't have the best track record when it comes to these issues....

• @Mango True, you can often get an unblockable hit in, but can't you usually get in a light attack after a successfully timed parry as well?

Maybe I'm just scratching my head because I spent 30 min against a training dummy trying to master deflections and only got it right like, 20% of the time. Parries + counter was significantly easier for me. That said, did anyone find deflections easy to pull off regularly?

• @Dakhath I can not yet imagine playing any of the assassins with my reflexes to deflect, so have yet to try. I still need many more hours in game to successfully counter guard breaks. Was the dummy an assassin class, deflecting the attack speed of another assassin must surely be the hardest thing in the game?

A player more alert than me can always respond after a parry, ie block your light attack, or maybe even deflect your light attack and inflict a bleed in response (Peacekeeper).

This combat is so ridiculously dynamic it both fascinates me and makes my brain hurt, when in doubt, throw em off a cliff.

• @Dakhath I don't think deflects are all that difficult. Just dodge into the direction of the attack when the thing flashes red/when the enemy is about to hit you, whichever indicator works best for you. Then it goes SCHWING and you can press R1 or R2 or whatever for free damage.

Although I don't play assassin classes that much, so I don't get to use deflect a lot. I mained Nobushi this beta and Warden during the alpha. Dodging with the Nobushi on the other hand. That was difficult. Her dodges are pathetic.

• @Dakhath I just assumed I suck. I mostly liked the assassin class and I found even when I couldn't get the deflect I may dodge the attack anyways but no I was not able to get deflect very often

• @Paper-Lion oh, stupid question... can you deflect an overhead / middle attack? Are you supposed to dodge forward? Or that just doesn't work?

• @Dakhath said in For Honor:

@Paper-Lion oh, stupid question... can you deflect an overhead / middle attack? Are you supposed to dodge forward? Or that just doesn't work?

You can, yes. And you got the idea right too, you dodge forward right into it.

• Global Moderator

I kinda stopped using dodges in the game. For me it felt like however I dodge, either the character only slightly moved backwards and got hit, moved too slow or moved the wrong way so he got hit anyway. Instead I'll just focus on blocking and counter attacking which seemed fine, but no fun with the dodge, even when trying to get away from someone it caused more harm than good.. at least on my end

• I was slaughtering people trying to roll dodge. I don't think it's a valid strategy against regular opponents.

• It depends on the character. All dodges aren't born equal in For Honor. I mained Nobushi this time around, and her dodge game is pathetic. Besides for vertical attacks, getting the timing down for them was nearly impossible. And on the opposite side of the spectrum you have assassin classes who dodge a full 90-120 degrees around you.

• @TokyoSlim I suspect this was a hangover for Souls/Witcher players and rolling invulnerability, its risky in Honor. Like the deflect and dodge discussions everything can have its opportunity I sure, depending on your class, your opponent, the situation and your timing.

.< Im gonna die a million times this weekend (Analysis replaced by panicked button mashin)

• I will be playing on PS4 and PC, so feel free to whisper me on these forums with your PSN/Steam/Discord. I'll update my profile with my information as well.

Going to try and blitz through Nioh in the next week!