For Honor (PC/PS4/XB1)

• Just visited the for honor site , apparently there is four heros for each faction now.

• @joculari Yep. Although not all of them are in the beta. In the alpha we only had 2 from each faction, now it's 3. The ones they decided to pull are the Lawbringer, the Shugoki, and the Valkyrie. They all needed tweaks apparently.

• @Paper-Lion I was looking forward to playing valkery

• I wonder what Huber thinks about berserk's throwing axes. They are axes but they are also ranged filth. Paradox he just has to live with?

• Really sucky timing by PSN, doing maintenance at least for me

• Anyone playing on PC? I accepted a friend invite and the For Honor beta website says I have access, full forum access and all, but neither Ubi's site nor the UPlay client show me having access. Seems it's not an uncommon problem, if the beta forums are anything to go by, wondering if any allies have figured out a way around this yet.

• This is how my night went:

Did the tutorial.
    Did a 1v1 against a Level 2 Viking. (I'm Samurai) Won 3-2.
    Did a 1v1 againt a level 10 Knight WON 3-0 and he rage quit at the last second.
    Did a 1v1 against a bot knight with a mace and got worked 0-3.

I beat every human i faced tonight. Made level 2. Spent some Iron on stuff.

Now back to Yakuza.

• Played with a streamer friend of mine for a couple hours, was fun. Made it to level 5 with two characters that I liked the most.

83% win rate!

But I don't really think it's a $60 game, I mean the game is due out in less than a month and I doubt the solo content adds much more than this, and multiplayer feels like THIS is it for the most part.

It's not bad but I don't feel like it's a retail game, everything about it seems better suited as a F2P game with microtransactions (Since it has them anyway!) Maybe even a $19 game with regularly released expansions and characters/skins/etc.

Something else I worry about is while Ubisoft themselves doesn't really have great multiplayer servers, the ones they outsource to other companies for other games like The Division for example....are HORRIBLE, and For Honor is in the same boat, it's not Ubisoft run. So that could be a potential problem at launch.

• @ZyloWolfBane said in For Honor:

But I don't really think it's a $60 game, I mean the game is due out in less than a month and I doubt the solo content adds much more than this, and multiplayer feels like THIS is it for the most part.
    It's not bad but I don't feel like it's a retail game, everything about it seems better suited as a F2P game with microtransactions (Since it has them anyway!) Maybe even a $19 game with regularly released expansions and characters/skins/etc.

This is basically my feelings on the game as well. I think they should've left out the singleplayer and dropped the price a bit. Maybe push the faction war part a bit more to give people more incentive to keep coming back.

• The server disconnected within the first 30 seconds of 5 out of the 6 attempts I made to play dominion.
    Played a bit against the AI 1v1... it's alright. I probably just suck at the game but I didn't find it particularly intuitive.
    I'm a little let down tbh...

• It's a good game, but I don't think there is enough to do for 60$. Will definitely get it after the price drop and if the campaign is good, but somehow I don't have too much hope. I've basically get enough of For honor after a day of playing it.

• Yeah, It really doesn't feel like a full priced game. I pre-ordered it but only because I got discount coupon that I would have not otherwise used. It's good game but I feel there is slight disconnect with the combat system and rest of the 3d world aspects. Hard to explain but I think many that have played the game know what I'm talking about.

On the other hand it's basically a fighting game and it's value is in it's mechanics. How fun and deep those end up being will tell if the game has legs.

• I have two beta invites for PC if anyone's interested.

• Unfortunately I'm really not feeling the combat system this game has. Maybe I'm too quick to judge as I have only played couple times so my opinion is subject to change. It seems to be too much on the right stick side. Movement seems to play second fiddle so you can almost ignore what your left hand does. There isn't same kind of need for control of space and movement like in fighting games.

Playing the game I basically just parry everything and counter guard break. That has been my strategy and so far it has worked well thought it has made lot of the fights pretty boring. There are of course higher level tactics like canceling attacks but I have hardly seen any of that.

• Well I've decided to not pick up the game, at least at full price.

I was mostly interested in this when it was supposed to have couch co op, but I somehow missed that announcement that it was cut.
    And while it looks pretty cool, and it's kinda fun, it's just not worth that amount. I kinda got enough from the beta.
    If I could have played this with my BF? Day one purchase.

I'm quite let down by this.

• @Inustar
    I dont recall couch coop ever being announced, was it really?

Anyway have the beta downloaded, but haven't had time to try it (Pretty much everyone but me and 2 others are sick at work) But ill try and give it a shot later tonight

• Whew, I'm glad I am not the only one here who isn't eagerly anticipating the game. I was lucky enough to play the alpha a few months ago and while I had a decent time, I felt like I didn't really have much of a reason to keep playing. A lot of encounters felt pretty similar and I just wasn't feeling the enthusiasm Huber and others have shared. Now that a lot more of you have played the beta, I'm not alone! I wouldn't say it's a bad game necessarily, just not one that really interests me. Oddly enough, I was way more entertained with Chivalry but even then, that only lasted me about a week.

Guess I'll just play Reinhardt in Overwatch if I want close combat action.

• Well aren't you all a bunch of negative nancies? :D

This is an ez day one purchase for me. I'm having a grand old time. Loving the new characters, and the new maps. Every time I have to stop playing to do something else I just keep thinking about playing more For Honor. I haven't played a multiplayer game in a long time that I found as fun as this. Yeah, usually your opponents are pretty bad, especially in Dominion, which is by far the most spammy of the modes. Duels ftw. People will get better and out how to play without just button mashing. Eventually.

But when you actually face off against someone who knows what they're doing it's so much fun. The intensity of having to throw out attacks and block at the same time to try and keep them on their toes as they do the same to you, throwing out feints, dodging, baiting you with wiffs, chaining mad combos. It's so good. It feels like Dark Souls pvp but way better.

I also love how the maps change depending on which faction controls the area. That's a really nice touch that most developers would never even bother with.

• @Paper-Lion I prefer to view myself as a Realistic Robert.

• Well aren't you an optimistic ...Ogbert...?