For Honor (PC/PS4/XB1)

• Yeah, it keeps waiting, switching to all regions, switching skill range to extended, and then all. Are people just not playing? They're all waiting for the release next week?

• Could be part and parcel of everything they are trying to fix @_@

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1571436-PC-XB1-PS4-Known-Issues

Meanwhile, what are peeps thinking of Elimination? Not keen myself, potentially lots of running around in circles grabbin powerups and reviving (execution or bust). The revive speeds and vengeance seems to be getting out of hand. I guess that's mostly gear build, but still. Seems to take away a lot of the purity of the game thus far. Fun to have a very different mode, but you also dilute the player base with too many modes.

• @Valordar I'm annoyed that there's two game modes that you can't pick between. I haven't been able to find a Deathmatch game in any of the alphas or betas.

I enjoy the game mode, but it feels unnecessary. I'd rather them move it to the same tab as Duel/Brawl/Elimination, and then have Deathmatch and Dominion as the three battlegrounds.

• Yeah, not a huge fan of elimination. It's a fun mode to play once in a while, but nothing you can play seriously. It tends to boil down to one person dying, and their opponent then being able to go 2v1 someone and then it's a runaway victory for that team. But it does make for some great moments when you manage to beat the odds.

I was alone against all 4 of the enemies one round, and they were all running towards me, so I nuked them all with the Warden's catapult ability. Top kek 10/10.

It sucks when the last person just runs though. I still say they're idiots if they don't add a 3v3v3 game mode, where it's faction locked, and it's vikings vs knights vs samurai.

• @Paper-Lion said in For Honor:

I still say they're idiots if they don't add a 3v3v3 game mode, where it's faction locked, and it's vikings vs knights vs samurai.

That idea would make me give this game another chance. It's very rare we see a multiplayer game deviate from the classic team A versus team B but adding in more teams adds a dynamic I really love. Given the fact that the game is basically split between those three factions, it would be dumb indeed if something like this wasn't included.

• Gah, the more hours I put in the ever greater the smaller irritations become; the erratic targeting (really, just target the nearest guy as priority), the revenge mechanic. Ubisoft. Those assasin 'heroes' who runs in circles for 3 minutes on 10% health delaying the inevitable end of a match.

Meh, I'm prolly jus salty cos the soul of this game is so epic and my reactions are so poor, besides my social anxiety for meetin up and teaming.

Huber keep me entertained with streams while I paint!

• This post is deleted!

• What do you guys think about campaign?

• @Nillend first thing I'm diving into when my download finally finishes :/

Meanwhile I could already play the tutorial again, and I am SUCH A MUPPET! I mislead myself with the tutorial during the beta because it stats you ['Hold' L2 + direction] to block, also ['hold' L2 + direction, attack] to attack. This was immediately ingrained into my gameplay as I constantly and desperately held the stick in the direction I needed.

My revelation this mornin was simply taping the stick to change stance and allow the block to happen. It makes complete sense if I had not misinterpreted the tutorial. ie 'Hold' L2 & 'Hold' the direction to block, not 'Select' your block direction while holding L2.

Whadyaknow this make everything 100 times smoother. I still cant cancel a guard break, but we'll work on that (probably also related to me continuously holding a direction with the right stick) . :)

• So I'm not sure if it just wasn't in the beta, but i felt like there was no invisible mmr or ranking or anything. On the Sunday I decided that maybe the skill rating would've been calculated (prestiged kensei, so i played a fair amount), so i went and played 1v1's the whole afternoon, and didn't lose one, so disappointing. I'd rematch every person then beat them again, so I leave. Hopefully full game pairs me up better. #humblebrag

• I'm super curious how you guys who bought the game are finding it. Specifically is the single player a worthwhile game or does it feel tacked on to what is in essence a multiplayer game.

Any issues with multiplayer matches freezing or getting kicked from the server?

I should add I played the beta and got a good sense of what the multiplayer game would play like. Any big changes to what was in the beta?

• I'm half way through the 3 campaign chapters now (1 chapter per faction, 6? missions). The campaign might be described as a single player mode. The story is engrossing enough as an over arching tone setting piece. It has some stand out characters, moments, and missions so far. The settings are varied and breath taking at times. It immerses you fairly well into the world, each of factions, and the role of many of the classes in that world. The campaign certainly seems to enjoy itself and I have enjoyed the ride thus far.

As a single player game mode you are tasked with finding a number of 'Observable' lore snippets and breakable pots in each mission, which encourages you to explore and admire the detail and visuals. Repeating these missions on the higher difficulties with all tasks complete (including a UI free instadeath hard mode) unlocks a deluge of customization's for the multiplayer, aswell as providing XP for your 'story level'. This basically unlocks higher tier feats for use in any mission, potentially easing progress on the higher difficulties.

I have not yet returned to Multiplayer post launch, this will only happen once I am completely saturated with the lore and atmosphere of the campaign.

Hmm, ancient Roman civilization eluded to twice already.

• @Valordar said in For Honor:

I'm half way through the 3 campaign chapters now (1 chapter per faction, 6? missions). The campaign might be described as a single player mode. The story is engrossing enough as an over arching tone setting piece. It has some stand out characters, moments, and missions so far. The settings are varied and breath taking at times. It immerses you fairly well into the world, each of factions, and the role of many of the classes in that world. The campaign certainly seems to enjoy itself and I have enjoyed the ride thus far.

As a single player game mode you are tasked with finding a number of 'Observable' lore snippets and breakable pots in each mission, which encourages you to explore and admire the detail and visuals. Repeating these missions on the higher difficulties with all tasks complete (including a UI free instadeath hard mode) unlocks a deluge of customization's for the multiplayer, aswell as providing XP for your 'story level'. This basically unlocks higher tier feats for use in any mission, potentially easing progress on the higher difficulties.

I have not yet returned to Multiplayer post launch, this will only happen once I am completely saturated with the lore and atmosphere of the campaign.

Hmm, ancient Roman civilization eluded to twice already.

Romans and possibly the Chinese would seem the most likely I'd say.

They have some of the more iconic weapon and armor styles that people could identify with rather quickly.

• @ZyloWolfBane said in For Honor:

Romans and possibly the Chinese would seem the most likely I'd say.

They have some of the more iconic weapon and armor styles that people could identify with rather quickly.

Also native americans, spartans, aztecs, huns, mongols, egypts. There's tons of cool factions they could add.

• Comoon Ubi put the Dwarfs and their hammers in there and we just pretend they were real. There is already some fantasy elements in the game like weapons that catch fire and flame wings.

• Other thread locked gahh we are never gonna get the For Honor community organised. The dream is DYING.

PSN: eXKitteh

ADD ME for brawls or anything. Warning, Im older and slower than most. Being laid back and easy going makes up for it??

Meanwhile groovy emblem inspiration? https://www.reddit.com/r/ForHonorEmblems/?count=26&before=t3_5uv1b7

• @Valordar If you want to organise so that people can play with eachother why not create a post with whatever usernames you get for whichever system and keep updating the post?

It can even be added or just linked in the OP so others can see.

• Indeed, though that is essentially the thread you locked. I'll see the truly dedicated on discord,PSN .o/

• Hey all I have never really posted on the EZA forums because I just don't have the time with watching all the EZA shows, games, work, and life but I am a huge fan and wave been watching the guys since before final bosman started back at GT. Anyway, I am loving For Honor but I am primarily a singe player gamer with the exception of souls games. so I have no friends to play with. I won't lie I'm not great yet but if your okay with having a scub on your team add me.

PSN: TheClassiestHobo

• My PSN is waraidako. Feel free to add me if you want to do some viking raiding. :D