The EZA community Top 50 Videogame Characters!

• Here now the the Top 50 Countdown after 28 lists! Enjoy!

• placeholder is my favorite!

• Gotta love that placeholder... I definitely voted for that. Best character in all of gaming. Always there for whenever it's needed.

• Ugh, starts right with my least favorite of all time.

• alt text
    50. Vincent Valentine - 55 Points - 2 Votes - Highest Vote: #2 Brannox

Aliases: -
    First appearance: Final Fantasy VII (1997)
    Other appearances: Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII, Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring
    Developer: Squaresoft

Vincent was once a member of the Turks, then known as the Shinra Manufacturing Department of "Administrative Research" having relatively shorter hair than his current appearance and wearing a black suit. Vincent has a dark past, one that he carries with him every single day of his life. As a turk he underwent and took care of a lot of business, maybe even more than he wanted to see in his lifetime. One of his last missions was to supervise the Jenova Project in Nibelheim. It was here where he met a scientist who would then complicate his life, Lucrecia Crescent the only woman he ever loved. It was here where they decided to share a future together, but as a scientist her work came first. She decided to be injected with Jenova cells as an experiment and carry this child.

Other Votes: SabotageTheTruth (5.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Profile on Giantbomb

alt text
    49. Shinjiro Aragaki - 55 Points - 2 Votes - Highest Vote: #1 michemagius

First appearance: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 (2006)
    Other appearances: SMT: Persona 3 FES, SMT: Persona 3 Portable, Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
    Developer: Atlus

A senior who also attends Gekkoukan High School like the rest of SEES. Although tough, cool, and acts like a punk, he is actually kind on the inside. He is also Akihiko's childhood friend and one of the original Persona-users and members of SEES (with Akihiko and Mitsuru). He wields giant axes in battle. Shinjiro's Persona is Castor of the Hierophant Arcana.

Other Votes: SabotageTheTruth (6.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Profile on Giantbomb

• And so it begins...

• Only two of us voted for Shinji? Well, one thing is apparent... only @michemagius and I have good taste here.

/smug

• Curious to know why some of you voted for Master Chief. To me, he's a very generic character with little to no personality. What makes him so good in your eyes?

• Well i would say (without having voted for him) he is one of the most iconic Videogame Chracters of the 00s. I agree that he is like a cut out generic Character but that's probably why he only got 3 votes!^^

• @SabotageTheTruth I didn't vote for Shinji, and that is probably the first mistake of many I made on my list, and a pretty big one at that (I didn't put that much effort on my list tbh)

• 50.Shinjiro Aragaki
    I played through P3FES but I don't really remember him, so yeah.

49.Master Chief
    Well, he's Master Cheif, he kills aliens and doesn't afraid of anything, or something like that.

• @Musou-Tensei Without giving spoilers, he's pretty essential to the plot. What happens to him really resonates with the characters, completely changing some of them and even creates a divide in the party.

• Like the list for games, I can only really give my thoughts on characters I know of. And before I get started, thanks again @Exist-2-Inspire for creating the list (And also the tweet to let everyone know it was live!), and also, is your release schedule two a day until we hit the top 10 or some other variant?

Shinjiro Aragaki - Never played a single Persona. Don't know 'im.

Master Chief - I debated about whether or not to put him on the list but decided against in favor of more personal characters. I do enjoy the Halo games (Well... some of them...) and while I do agree that he is bland at times, I thought giving Chief character (pun intended) for the past couple of games was a great idea. Sadly that idea hasn't been executed well. All in all, not surprised he's here as he does carry weight, but the fact he JUST made the cut isn't shocking either.

LET THE NEXT COUNTDOWN BEGIN!!!

• @Brannox At the moment i'm planing two characters, twice a day until the Top 20 where i will go down to one chracter twice per day!

• Haven't played Persona 3, but I find Master Chief to be really bland. He has some cool armor, I guess.

• alt text
    48. Master Chief - 58 Points - 3 Votes - Highest Vote: #7 Lotias

Aliases: Spartan 117, John-117, Sierra 117, Master Chief Petty Officer
    First appearance: Halo: Combat Evolved (2001)
    Other appearances: Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo: Reach, Halo 4, Halo 5
    Developer: Bungie

The Master Chief is the faceless supersoldier protagonist of Bungie's Halo series. He has appeared in the series' main games, Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4 and as an easter egg in Halo:Reach, as well as numerous comic books and novels. Bungie conceptual artist Shi Kai Wang created the Master Chief's original design. When his first version was transferred to 3D, however, the character looked almost effeminate, so his armor was bulked up and tinted green, resulting in the Master Chief seen today. He is voiced by Chicago disc jockey Steve Downes, who previously worked with Bungie composer Martin O'Donnell on the RPG Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator. When casting started for the Chief's voice, O'Donnell thought of Downes for the role due to their previous experience together.

Other Votes: NCartwright15 (15.), Fridge-man (13.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Profile on Giantbomb

alt text
    47. Phoenix Wright - 58 Points - 3 Votes - Highest Vote: #2 jipostus

First appearance: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (2001)
    Other appearances: Ace Attorney series, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
    Developer: Capcom

Phoenix Wright (成歩道龍一/Ryūichi Naruhodō in Japan) is the main protagonist in the first three "Ace Attorney" games, a mentor to the main protagonist and prominent figure in the fourth game (Apollo Justice), and one of three main protagonists in the latest game in the series. he is 24 years old at the start of the first game. By the time of Dual Destinies, Phoenix is in his mid-thirties. Born in 1992, Phoenix attended Ivy College, where he was an art student, though he studied law as well. Phoenix is an only child, and no reference to his parents are ever made.

Other Votes: TearjuEngi (15.), michemagius (18.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Profile on Giantbomb

• @Exist-2-Inspire Ok thanks!

Phoenix Wright - While I'm more of him than Aragaki, I've never played Ace Attorney, and despite some maybe screaming OBJECTION! to my disinterest of the series, at least he got some love

Urdnot Wrex - YEAH! My first character on the list (and potentially last, who knows.), Wrex is one of my three "likeable" team members from the first game. Kaiden and Ashley get on my nerves for separate reasons and while Liara is at her best in the first game in my small opinion, I just found learning about the others more compelling. Wrex is the one member from the first game that, unless you have DLC for 3, never is in your party following the events of ME 1. I look back fondly heading into the cargo hold of the Normandy sharing curt, one-word acknowledgements and learning how the Krogan were Mass Effect's version of the Klingons. Hands down my favorite Krogan (Sorry Grunt) and by far my favorite "Renegade" character of the trilogy, he is an awesome companion when you need to get things done with some force. The biotics help too, though.

My thanks to @ACardAttack and @NCartwright15 for liking him enough to make your lists!

EDIT: How could I forget the situation on Virmire! So intense!

• @Brannox I almost put Wrex on my list but I was trying to have more variety, so instead it was Shepherd And Kaidan for me ☺

The first version of this list was all ME and Persona characters....

• It begins! I am pumped. Also I can't believe I forgot Phoenix. Shame on me.