The EZA community Top 50 Videogame Characters!

• In this thread, we confirm that @Brannox hasn't actually ever played a video game. :p
    He's seen them played, but tragically, he's got type V hypoplasia and was born without thumbs.
    He almost played a Kinect game once, but he missed his window.

• I had such high hopes for Zidane making the top 10, but to be beaten by Bowser, good grief. Next thing you know we'll have Mario in the top 10. I really didn't think we'd be going down this route .

Zidane is just a fun and cheeky character, there's no Tidus style whining or emo business with him.

Thanks to FF7Cloud, Lotias and jsackel for getting him on here.

• @FF7Cloud I've said it before (though the exact thread escapes me at the moment), IX just has an aesthetic and a story line (from what I've been told) that doesn't appeal to me.

@TokyoSlim Oh, didn't you know: I was the guy Valve contacted to be the cover model for the Left 4 Dead games. X-D

But seriously though, as the list has become more unveiled, it has become clearer to me that the games I enjoy, while having great characters, are more so great because of their story, not necessarily because of the characters that are a part of them.

Although you DO have one fact error: I have played video games... Just only the ones that matter and are good >=-) Mwahahahahaha

• Global Moderator

1. Zidane Tribal - Final Fantasy 9 are THE best FF game. Zidane are a brilliant main character! I believe because he is the main character he is not as good as some of the other party members (which is on my list as well). However towards the end of the game when he is encountered with his true past (no spoilers) I really fell for him. "You are not alone" are such a fitting soundtrack and I felt emotionally connected to him through out the game.

2. Bowser - Really? a dinosaur that kidnaps a princess over and over and over and over and over? Sure he is iconic and been around for a while, but thats kinda it? and he got a lot of attitude

• man this is really making me wanna go back and play 9 i hope it gets ported to ps4

• @Lotias I agree with Bowser, he is an icon, but with the possibility of some of the RPGs I haven't played I don't see how I could consider him one of the great characters of videogames.

I guess there's a lot of room for interpretation for a video game character being great

• @FF7Cloud I really want it to get the FFVII treatment with the cheat options on PS4.

• @Musou-Tensei that would be great

• @Musou-Tensei said in The EZA Top 50 Videogame Characters ever! (Countdown):

@FF7Cloud I really want it to get the FFVII treatment with the cheat options on PS4.

Have you checked out the PC version which was released this year?

• Bowser's only a great character in the Mario RPG's, where he's a super endearing comic foil.

• @robert7lee I know it exists, but I want it on PS4.

• @robert7lee i dont think my laptop could run it properly

• 24 & 23

alt text
    24. Chie Satonaka - 89 Points - 4 Votes - Highest Vote: #2 Exist 2 Inspire

Aliases: Best Waifu of all times
    First appearance: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 (2008)
    Other appearances: Persona 4 Golden, Persona 4 Arena, Persona 4: Arena Ultimax, Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, Persona 4: Dancing All Night
    Developer: Atlus

Chie Satonaka is one of the characters in Persona 4, joining the party early in the game. Although she has a short temper, even with friends, she is in reality an extremely protective person, especially when it comes to her best friend, Yukiko Amagi. Chie is also a huge fan of steak and kung fu movies, often bringing them up in normal conversation or going so far as to spontaneously yell out battle cries. Like the other girls in the party, she has little in the way of cooking skills and often botches major dishes. Additionally, the player can also choose to date her or become good friends with her via Social Link events.

Other Votes: bard91 (5.), michemagius (22.), ACardAttack (6.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Profile on Giantbomb

alt text
    23. Miles Edgeworth - 90 Points - 4 Votes - Highest Vote: #7 Tearju Engi, jipostus

Aliases:
    First appearance: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (2001)
    Other appearances: Ace Attorney series
    Developer: Capcom

Miles Edgeworth (御剣怜侍 /Reiji Mitsurugi in Japan) became a lawyer at the age of 20. His first case was against Mia Fey; the case's outcome was inconclusive. After that he won every single case, becoming known as the greatest prosecutor of his time, whilst creating rumors that he was someone who would do anything to get a “guilty” verdict. His winning streak ended when Phoenix Wright, his childhood friend, defeated him in the case of Mia Fey’s murder. After losing another case against Phoenix, Edgeworth was put on trial for murder in which he was prosecuted by his friend and mentor: Manfred Von Karma. Although Phoenix cleared his name, Edgeworth disappeared, leaving only a cryptic note which said, “Miles Edgeworth chooses death…”

Other Votes: michemagius (10.), Ringedwithtile (10.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Profile on Giantbomb

• Getting a 403 Forbidden on the Miles Edgeworth pic.

• Now there's a series I've never played! I have no idea about any Ace Attorney stuff.
    Shit is a mystery to me.

Also, Chie is like 4th best girl.

• alt text

• This forum is way too Persona'l.

goes to Club POOP with Brannox

• All joking aside, video games are the only time where not liking the same girl is considered bad. In real life, if a group of guys runs into a group of girls and everyone likes the same girl, it's usually a problem. :)

• @Sentinel-Beach just wait until Persona 5 comes out, waifu wars are going to heat up for sure.