The EZA community Top 50 Videogame Characters!

• So here is my list of characters: (bolded ones made this list)

1. Sho Minamimoto (The World Ends With You) (I absolutely adore this guy, I can't tell you why, but he is still, and will be my steam avatar until something else takes that position, because he is that amazing)
    2. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
    3. Solid Snake (Metal Gear)
    4. Big Boss (Metal Gear)
    5. Auron (Final Fantasy X)
    6. Otacon (Metal Gear)
    7. Miles Edgeworth (Ace Attorney)
    8. Link (The Legend of Zelda (if needed to specify, from Link to the Past)
    9. Balthier (Final Fantasy XII) (He made this game one of my favorites in this amazing series.)
    10. Adam Jensen (Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mankind Divided) (He didn't ask for this placement, but I gave it to him anyway)
    11. Sheogorath (Elder Scrolls) (This list needed some CHEESE. Also, fishstick is a delicate state of mind, so don't ask more questions about this.)
    12. Sabin (Final Fantasy 6) (This dude can suplex a train, need I say more?)
    13. Shadow (Final Fantasy 6) (Shadow proves to be one of the more useful in FF6, and has cool backstory.)
    14. Gogo (Final Fantasy 6) (one of the best party member you can get in the game, and allows you to do pretty crazy stuff in combat. Two Bum rushes, anyone?)
    15. Terra (Final Fantasy 6) (I liked her story in the game, and I like her as a character.)
    16. Bren McGuire (Turrican) (I love this game series, and I had to give nod to the main hero of the series. Rock that purple hair in your helmet wherever you are.)
    17. Cid (Final Fantasy 7) (Again, I can't say why I like him so much, but he is just so amazing)
    18. GladOs (Portal/Portal2)
    19. Vivi (Final Fantasy IX)
    20. Gordon Freeman (Half-Life) (He may be mute, but damn is he capable of doing lot of stuff... Kinda wish I replaced him with the Doom Slayer though now that I think more of this list...)
    21. Grey Fox (Metal Gear) (I did like what they did with his character in both MG2 and MGS)
    22. Stanley (Stanley Parable) (You now in this list Stanley, yet you wonder why... Must be that you're so disobedient at following clear directions I give you...)
    23. Crono (Chrono Trigger) (I just like his character a lot)
    24. Lulu (Final Fantasy X) (She is amazing, and I admit, I kinda had a crush on her back in the day...)
    25. Megaman (Original series) (Always dedicated to help when needed)
    26. Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot) (Simple, stupid, adorable in his way. I'm Super excited for the remakes)
    27. Ripper Roo (Crash Bandicoot) (I always liked this little blue bastard with his love for explosions... And that laugh is just pure fun to listen to)
    28. Cave Johnson (Portal 2) (So funny I had to give him some credit.)
    29. Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD (ADOM) (Main antagonist in ADOM, had to give him credit for I love this game so much)
    30. Dragonborn (Skyrim) (He/She is whoever you make him to be, but will always end up being that asshole that shouts people off the cliffs (or is it just me) :D )

• @jipostus That's a great list. Already gave a shoutouts for the ones we shared that made it, but just wanted to say that I agree about Basch, Cid, Lulu, Crash, Ripper Roo, and Cave Johnson. Especially the first two and the last one.

• Here goes my list!

1. Shinjiro Aragaki – Persona 3
    2. Midna – The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    3. Kanji Tatsumi – Persona 4
    4. Eikichi Mishina – Persona 2: Innocent Sin/Eternal Punishment
    5. Junpei Iori – Persona 3
    6. Jun Kurosu – Persona 2: Innocent Sin/Eternal Punishment
    7. Duster -Mother 3
    8. Tatsuya Suou – Persona 3 Innocent Sin/Eternal Punishment
    9. Naoto Shirogane – Persona 4
      10.Miles Edgeworth – Ace Attorney
      11.Mitsuru Kirijo – Persona 3
      12.Koromaru – Persona 3
      13.Lucas – Mother 3
    10. Maya Amano – Persona 2: Innocent Sin/ Eternal Punishment
      15.Count Bleck – Super Paper Mario
      16.Swaine -Ni No Kuni
    11. Issun – Okami
      18.Phoenix Wright – Ace Attorney
    12. Drippy – Ni No Kuni
    13. Apollo Justice – Ace Attorney
    14. Amaterasu – Okami
    15. Chie Satonaka – Persona 4
    16. Klavier Gavin – Ace Attorney
    17. Ringabel – Bravely Default
    18. N – Pokemon Black and White/Black and White 2
    19. Kumatora – Mother 3
    20. Tony – Earthbound/Mother 2
    21. Simon Blackquill – Ace Attorney
    22. Shura – Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
    23. Nanako Dojima – Persona 4

Quite frankly I'm just glad Shinji made it on to the list.

• @TokyoSlim said in The EZA Top 50 Videogame Characters ever! (COMPLETE!):

Also, Master Hand is a masterful curveball of a choice. Applause for thinking outside the box, I guess. :)

You make it sound like there's something wrong about picking Master Hand. It's a cool character, is it not? A character doesn't need monologues, romance, and a steely-eyed stare to be a good character.

• @Oscillator Honestly, I don't even know that I think of Master Hand as an actual character. I mean, yeah - it's a boss. But I tend to think of it more as a force of nature in the Smash universe than a character. Like a tornado.

Not saying there's anything wrong with you picking it, I just never would have even thought of it, because It wouldn't even occur to me that it qualifies.

• @TokyoSlim said in The EZA Top 50 Videogame Characters ever! (COMPLETE!):

@Oscillator Honestly, I don't even know that I think of Master Hand as an actual character. I mean, yeah - it's a boss. But I tend to think of it more as a force of nature in the Smash universe than a character. Like a tornado.

Not saying there's anything wrong with you picking it, I just never would have even thought of it, because It wouldn't even occur to me that it qualifies.

How could anyone think Master Hand isn't a character? It's not like you're attacking a brick wall - it has a voice, and screams in pain when you defeat it. Not to mention the obvious attitude it presents through its moves.

You could have an argument for Like Like, which is a dubiously sentient (but seriously cool) blob, or Dwarven Centurion, which is nothing more than a security system, but Master Hand? Ha! :-P

• @Brannox There is no Basch in my list, but he would easily be in my top 40. Balthier is the one I prefer from those two. BTW, I'm hyped for the FFXII:ZA. Hopefully it'll find it's way to PC though.

• @jipostus Sorry! My mistake. Balthier is cool too. I especially like his backstory when you get far enough in. And so am I! Haven't played in a while, and I'm curious as to the additions.

• @TokyoSlim i always assumed master hand was you the player playing with your toys

• nice to see Sonytrailers hasn't changed a bit.

• @SabotageTheTruth said in The EZA Top 50 Videogame Characters ever! (COMPLETE!):

So here's my beauty bois that didn't make it onto the community list.

4- Ramza Beoulve - Final Fantasy Tactics
    8- Nate/Kei Nanjo - Persona 1 & 2
    10- Billy Lee Black - Xenogears
    11- Frog - Chrrono Trigger
    12- Cait Sith/Reeve Tuesti - Final Fantasy VII
    13- Zenyatta - Overwatch
    14- Trevor Phillips - Grand Theft Auto V
    15- Yoshimitsu - Tekken series
    16- Elizabeth - Bioshock Infinite
    17- Tohru Adachi - Persona 4
    19- Papyrus - Undertale
    20- Yoshi - Mario series
    22- Tharja - Fire Emblem: Awakening
    23- Snorlax - Pokemon series
    24- Pyramid Head - Silent Hill 2
    25- Andrew Ryan - Bioshock
    26- Jack van Burace - Wild Arms
    29- Igor - Persona series
    30- Ryotoro Dojima - Persona 4

Least my top 3 made it in, woop.

I had Ramza and Cait Sith too. though they would have been on the list.

• i had Ramza on my list too not very high but, he was there.

my no 1 was delitia

• @FF7Cloud said in The EZA Top 50 Videogame Characters ever! (COMPLETE!):

i had Ramza on my list too not very high but, he was there.

my no 1 was delitia

Yeah my Ramza was 16th.

Did no one like Legion from Mass Effect? and no Bugenhagen from FF7 makes me sad. There's even a bunch more MGS characters that could have probably been on here.

• Global Moderator

I cant remember my entire list, but I am just really happy that Vivi made it onto the list as he deserves it!

• I guess this could move to the Hall of Fame as well now.

• Global Moderator

Yup, seems like a good place for it!