The EZA community Top 50 Videogame Characters!

• @Exist-2-Inspire This is what happens when you cook the books to make Chie number one.

• so, this list is not even worthy of Empress Mitsuru then, I expected better

• Not getting into the individual stories of the side characters is objectively the worst way to play ME.

• Sorry to be so nitpicky, but the first sentence in the Vincent post ends in a quotation mark instead of a period...

(Ah, there we go!)

• @TokyoSlim If you're referring to me I definitely did them, just didn't get into them. Don't know why.

• Oh, such drama already on the thread! Glad it's cleared now, hopefully rest of the list was proofread as well. ;)

• Good lord, leave for a couple of hours and come back to find chaos...

Vincent Valentine - AWESOME!!!!! It's endlessly funny that he was just on the cusp of the list because of error. THANK YOU to whomever made the catch! As evidenced by me placing him second overall, I really find Vincent fascinating. I won't drone on and on about why I love him so, but the bio given is a nice summation of his chronology in Final Fantasy VII. He's super cool. @SabotageTheTruth The highest of fives.

Tali'Zorah - Much like Wrex, Tali was such a highlight of Mass Effect, but not just 1, but over the entire trilogy. I loved how she transitioned from a Quarian on her pilgrimage to being probably one the, if not most important, of her species. Being able to romance her in ME 2 was something that was well receieved by me, because of the three female squadmates in the first game, I enjoyed her more, so having that evolve into 2 was worth it. Also, if you Renegade the hell out of 3, the end of her story arc is utterly heartbreaking. Tali was the most... for lack of a proper term... innocent of all the squad. My thanks to @Brandon_Reister and @Musou-Tensei for liking her enough to make your lists.

Sarah Kerrigan - Never played StarCraft, but I've had a little of her backstory explained to me and if I A.) Played on PC and B.) Played strategy games in general, I would probably pick up StarCraft to really experience how she came to be. She seems to be a fascinating case study of how affecting a bad decision can be.

Also, @Exist-2-Inspire , don't sweat it. You're doing a great job!

• Someone who gets two top 5 votes certainly deserves a spot. :)

• @Oscillator said in The EZA Top 50 Videogame Characters ever! (Countdown):

Proofreading! Vincent got 2 votes worth 55 points, but it says he got 3 votes! :P

It still says this in the edited 6th post.

I promise, I won't get on your case again, unless there's some serious gremlins in the vote tabulator. ^_^

• Vincent i forgot all about him what a character i remember when deirge of Cerberus was first announced there and the rumour about him being sephiroth's father where circulating. that never came to be but the story we got was even sadder and made us hate hojo even more.

• @FF7Cloud I'm curious what other FF7 characters make it. I'm thinking Sephiroth for sure, Cloud maybe. Naturally, I'd love to see Cait Sith pop up but... I don't have my hopes up for it.

• I'm so happy to see Shinjio made the cut, it's a good thing that he was my #1 otherwise he might have slipped through the cracks. He's just too good a character! I'm also pleased to see Phoenix. And I'm hearing talk of Empress Mitsuru but I don't see her on the list.

• @michemagius Yep she fell out of the Top 50 because of a calculation error by me!

• @SabotageTheTruth My FFVII love went solely to Cid. <3

• @Tragosaurus said in The EZA Top 50 Videogame Characters ever! (Countdown):

@TokyoSlim If you're referring to me I definitely did them, just didn't get into them. Don't know why.

Yes, and that's the worst possible way to go through that game. Shep is not interesting.

• @SabotageTheTruth i voted for both but one way higher then the other mr fair will also appear im sure

• @SabotageTheTruth Bugenhagen from FF7 deserves some attention. Cait Sith will show.

• @TokyoSlim said in The EZA Top 50 Videogame Characters ever! (Countdown):

Yes, and that's the worst possible way to go through that game. Shep is not interesting.

Hey, speak for yourself! My Shep was super interesting!

• I don't see him making it on, but I made a huge error in not adding Napstablook from Undertale on my list. I was driving to the OST yesterday and his song came on. I promptly cursed the heavens. Just look at him!

alt text

Easily in the top 5 ghosts in gaming. Easily.

• #42 & 41

alt text
    42. Adam Jensen - 64 Points - 4 Votes - Highest Vote: #10 NCartwright15, jipostus

Aliases: -
    First appearance: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Other appearances: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Deus Ex GO
    Developer: Eidos Montreal

Jensen's personality in the game is largely shaped by the player. Even though he has some fixed characteristics, the players' choices decide Jensen's ethical and moral stance towards the use of violence and his social behaviour, as well as his evaluation of himself. He can generally be described as a lone wolf type and a hesitant leader. He believes that there are always multiple ways to achieve a goal and tends to look for answers by himself, only ever consulting others after his own ideas prove exhausted. Jensen rarely shows strong emotion and has a general distrust of authority. Even after the separation from Megan Reed he retains a strong affection for her. He also shows a superficial antipathy towards Frank Pritchard. Adam Jensen is voiced by Elias Toufexis.

Other Votes: Exist 2 Inspire (11.), Sentinel Beach (29.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Profile on Giantbomb

alt text
    41. Junpei Iori - 65 Points - 3 Votes - Highest Vote: #5 michemagius

Aliases: -
    First appearance: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 (2006)
    Other appearances: SMT: Persona 3 FES, SMT: Persona 3 Portable, Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, Persona 4: Arena Ultimax
    Developer: Atlus

Junpei first appears in Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3, as he becomes the main character's best friend throughout the events that unfold during the game. A class clown in school, his character is always associated with comic relief in the game, as he is also somewhat of a pervert and usually gets slapped by Yukari. He constantly plays video games and doesn't pay attention to his schoolwork. Junpei's Personae mirror his own abilities as they are focused on physical attacks. His initial Persona is Hermes, which eventually evolves into Trismegistus. Both are of the Magician Arcana.

Other Votes: bard91 (10.), Musou Tensei (13.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Profile on Giantbomb