The EZA community Top 50 Videogame Characters!

• @Inustar That's totally cool! My list: Almost half is entirely SPOILERS Final Fantasy and Mass Effect. It's all about who we connected with. My build was fully aware of picking the 30 most appealing characters, regardless of what games they were from. Hint: 12 franchises represented on my list.

• @Brannox I was surprised that no FF characters made my list... but I haven't played one in forever. If I redid this list now though I'd totally add Prompto fromm FFXV!

Nah, it's totally Gladiolus.

• That's a funny way to spell Ignis... :P

• @Exist-2-Inspire Oh don't worry I love Ignis, he's totally my ... fifth favourite character in the game 😆

• @Exist-2-Inspire I thought I was the only person in the world that favored Ignis. Huzzah, there is another!

• Nice, Phoenix Wright! A character that's both fun and determined, with a strong moral code. Incredibly smart but also clumsy and insecure. Love the writing in those games. Damn, now I regret not participating, if only to put the Judge on my list, he's the best!

• Oh god, Wrex is such a good pick. Good work.

• I'm happy that Phoenix made the cut ^^ I wasn't sure that if others here would show much love towards this wonderful series, because Ace Attorney series is one that most people overlook so easily.
    Thanks @Tearju-Engi and @michemagius!

• Although the top 100 games gave us a few surprises, I think we're going to find a lot more in this list just due to the scope alone. Good times people!

• @SabotageTheTruth I shit you not, after that post I looked up a character list of P3FES, I remember everyone, except him, I feel like I slipped into the Bearenstain dimension and he never existed in mine, lol.

48.Phoenix Wright
    Meh.

47.Urdnot Wrex
    He's alright. In ME1 I always choose him as permanent squad member for my female Shepperd.

• Global Moderator

So happy to see the List finally starting to take shape!

1. Shinjiro Aragaki - I haven't played as much Persona as I should of, so can't say much Im afraid

2. Master Chief - I put this badass on my list (quite high) as I am a sucker for the Halo universe. As I have read the books and played the games many times I feel quite connected to him. Knowing him on a "deeper" level really got to me. He knows what to do and you can't stop him. Thanks to @NCartwright15 and @Fridge-man for putting him on your lists as well.

3. Phoenix Wright - OBJECTION! ..well I don't know much about these games either Im afraid

4. Urdnot Wrex - I LOVE mass effect series. However, as I tried to limit my candidates from franchises (could of filled with just final fantasy characters) I decided to take on another character which I personally connected more with during the games. Rex are a cool character though and effective tank in your team. Also learning more about the whole krogan race in the other games kept me interested, there were another team member I liked more.

• I am PUMPED to see this list take shape!

• I have a feeling I'm going to actually know about 10 characters on this list, tops. I didn't make a list myself but it sounds really hard. There are a lot of games I just haven't played which are going to keep popping up which will be cool to learn a bit about what makes them great.
    50 - Never played Persona, looking forward to checking out 5 though.
    49 - I know this one! Yeah I can see why he would make the list, and also why he was so low.
    48 - Never played one.
    47 - The second on the list I actually know. He was cool and definitely made it into my party over the other characters, who I found incredibly annoying, but he didn't really make in impact for me and I don't remember much about him.

• alt text
    46. Urdnot Wrex - 59 Points - 3 Votes - Highest Vote: #8 ACardAttack

Aliases: -
    First appearance: Mass Effect (2007)
    Other appearances: Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3
    Developer: BioWare

Urdnot Wrex is one of the few remaining Krogan Battlemasters in the universe depicted in Mass Effect. Being a battlemaster, Wrex is able to utilize biotics as well as firearms in battle. Wrex, being a natural born warrior, quickly rose through the the ranks of clan Urdnot, which was run by his father Jarrod. As a result of his prowess he was given a tribe, a sub-section of a clan, to lead. He later fought in the Krogan Rebellion against the Turians, who were ordered by the council to stop the Krogan expansion after the Rachni Wars. The Turians beat the Krogan's militarily, then rendered them unable to reproduce correctly with the genophage, which rendered only 1 of 1000 births of Krogan viable. This bio-weapon caused Wrex to change the way thought about the purpose of his people. He felt that the Krogan needed to focus on rebuilding their society, rather than expanding their empire through might, because they did not have the numbers for war. His father, Jarrod, did not agree to with this method of thinking. Jarrod ambushed Wrex on a meeting at the sacred Krogan burial ground, where no violence was permitted. Wrex killed his father defending himself. After seeing how the burial place of his ancestors were desecrated, coupled with the fact that his people had turned into mindless warmongers, Wrex turned his back on his people.

Other Votes: NCartwright15 (12.), Brannox (14.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Profile on Giantbomb

alt text
    45. Daxter - 60 Points - 4 Votes - Highest Vote: #5 Lotias

Aliases: -
    First appearance: Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (2001)
    Other appearances: Jak II, Jak 3, Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier, Daxter, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
    Developer: Naughty Dog

Mouthy, brash and head-strong would be one way to describe Daxter. The impetuous and egotistical is partially responsible for Jak's incredible journey in the Jak & Daxter series. Daxter began his adventure as a humanoid similar to Jak, but that didn't last long - while exploring the Misty Islands close to his home with his friend Jak, Daxter is transformed from a buck-toothed kid into an ottsel (an otter/weasel hybrid) after landing in a vat of Dark Eco.

Other Votes: Churchy (19.), Sentinel Beach (17.), Fridge-man (23.)

Links:
    Wikipedia
    Profile on Giantbomb

• Such disrespect for the Empress Mitsuru will not be tolerated, being placed beneath a filthy vermin, preposterous I say!!!

• Daxter's my man! (Or ottsel.) The embodiment of Naughty Dog's humor and writing skills in the PS2 era, and I love it. :)

• @Sentinel-Beach Great selection! I would expect nothing less given your name. Daxter is great. He was a great voice for the silent protagonist in that first game, and like you said provided great humor in the series. He definitely would have made it somewhere on my list.

• @bard91 It's a shame.. I feel somewhat responsible, but I gave my P3 vote for the best girl, not the next best girl.

• Global Moderator

1. Mitsuru Kirijo - Once again, I need to play more Persona!

2. Dexter - My top chars seems to be at the bottom of the list haha. I have played pretty much all the J&D games and Daxter are a character that I always enjoyed. Fairly energetic and loud but how he looks after Jak and adds in with comments about the situation they are in makes me smile from ear to ear.

• Phoenix Wright: A fun character. He's iconic and has more going on than just an upright square (which he still is). I think a couple of the supporting mainstays in the series have more dimension than Phoenix does, however.

Wrex: I've only played Mass Effect 2, and I never saw much that was special about Wrex. Just an archetypal brute with a warrior code.

Mitsuro: Haven't played Persona 3.

Daxter: Daxter's cool. Foolhardy, and in the second and third games, a source of humor and frustration that was really welcome given their more sullen atmospheres.