Frame Trap - Official Discussion Thread

• @tokeeffe9 I think the selling point of Xbox nowadays is that it's like Gaming PC, but it's more streamlined and easy to use compared to PC. So while some people say why make Xbox consoles when you're releasing all games on PC, it only makes sense to keep making them, as for some people, they don't want to go through the hassle with setting up PC, because Xbox is easier to use. So releasing varied Xbox consoles for different budgets is sensible in that sense.

• People are scratching their heads a lot trying to figure out the strategy behind the Xbox One X but it is clear that its just a product for a somewhat niche market of people that want the best running console after 4 years of its cycle. I believe Phill Spencer has said it wont be for everyone so I am sure they arent putting all their "chips" on depending on big sales for the One X.

My opinion on the Xbox is that it suffered from the get go of bad publicity (some legit and some that I disagree with). Two years after the PS4 and Xbox One, the PS4 had only a hand full of exclusives.. it wasnt until last year that they had a clear advantage on exclusives.. people blindly bought ps4s from the beginning due to the marketing in which I believe it was the reason that Microsoft canceled so many games (due to the low hardware sales).
    Sony is a Japanese based company and has a strong japanese development (stronger than last years).. Microsoft is a US based company with almost no japanese development. So this gives them the current advantage of "exclusives."
    I love my Xbox One S, it was cheap and has a great backward comparability options XD I wont be buying the One X since I have a good PC and just got back into consoles last year since in the past years there wasnt really a reason to own a console.

• @edsortiz Even if we put the exclusive argument to the side, you're leaving out the part where the PS4 was $100 cheaper and a superior console hardware wise.

I'd agree with you regarding the Xbox One X if it wasn't for the fact that they do seem to be pushing it pretty heavily. It sounds like pre orders have gone well anyway but I'd be extremely surprised if it sustained those sales beyond this year.

• @tokeeffe9 Well preorders tend to go well when you make them have limited availability. Doing the Scorpio edition was their smartest play

• @Inustar Very true too. We don't actually have any concrete numbers but it's still a good thing regardless.

• Latest Frame Trap had a really good conversation on Lootboxes that Ben gets to straight away. Really enjoying the variety in how the podcast goes now which sections switching slots and the way they discuss games individually and in a group.

Also, what a way to break out of the Frame Trap :D

Youtube Video

• I really liked the discussions for A Hat In Time and Danganronpa v3. I've been very much looking forward to the allies' takes on those games. I was surprised to hear that Ben had also started AHiT, I hope he enjoys it. As for Danganronpa, I had the ending spoiled for me when it came out in Japan, or rather I spoiled it for myself. Honestly I'm kind of glad, because having gone through the game now and becoming so attached to a particular character it would have crushed me to watch them die. But since I went through the game already knowing what would happen I was able to handle it better.

Also I love Kyle's rendition of Del's rap from Clint Eastwood, and while I love that song and think it's a classic, it's not the best hip hop/rap song that Gorillaz have ever made. I don't really know what constitutes "New York Style" hip hop since the extent of my knowledge on things relating to New York comes from watching Law & Order and Project Runway. I would however like to see some more Gorillaz songs in games. But I do listen to a lot of Gorillaz (all of their music actually) and I listen to a lot of music that I think is considered hip hop.

Let Me Out
    The Apprentice
    Also, as a Gorillaz fan who was alive at the time of its release I think I'm contractually obligated to mention Feel Good Inc. which is fine because I thinks it's one of the greatest modern songs ever created.

• Just a small update from Ben on the next Frame Trap

Basically it's going to be recorded a bit later and expect it on Tuesday evening instead.

With everything that's out today, it could be the longest Frame Trap yet :P

• Ben sold me on xenoblade chronicles 2 when he talked about the blades and unsold me on it 5 minutes later when he was talking about how complicated the combat is, butThe main reason i probably will never play xenoblade chronicles 2 is because i hate the character design.

• @A7X458 I think the character design or art style is a lot better than the last two entries if a little inconsistent, but the main protagonist – that’s outright disgusting. Not only does he look bland but also his clothes look terrible. (He ruined Zelda BotW! ^^) Would have preferred at least a bit customization on that part.

• This is pure gold. Thank you, person behind this!

• @Sentinel-Beach Haha that's awesome!

• Not sure if people have already seen it all, but the most recent frame trap has a really great opening; Kyle talking about the interaction between mental health, agency, and creativity was really inspiring. Link below is time-stamped to open with it, but of course the whole episode is worth a listen!
    Youtube Video – [05:13..]

• "I hate babies so much." - Kyle Bosman, 2018.

• Episode :52, i didn't know Huber throw ben, Ian and Brandon under the bus like that, it was funny watching the huber hype video.

• @a7x458 Curious to see how many people went and watched that video immediately after.
    It is really fun.

I want to play Ni no Kuni II even though I know I won't finish it. Also it being easy might be a plus for me, since it's likely I will get further.

• #56. The new lights are amazing! I love the sudden BLUE in the background. And the guys themselves look really good, colours are alive.

• E3 episode was great. I just love that Total War moment, I listened to it a good number of times. Kyle couldn't handle Jones' introduction leading into THAT. :D

And of course the ending with Ben is a Moment.

Youtube Video

• Recent E3's are already infinitely better than ever for me ever since i found the allies, and this whole crazy master chef thingy Ben implemented is a big reason for that. Top tier segment.

• That audio cue every time Ben mentioned a Devil Trigger, immediately followed by non-stop laughs from Kyle might be one of my favorite moments of this year.