Tackling the backlog.

• So, with all the big 2016 games out the way I wanted to play, I was thinking about a few games that fell through the cracks. Xenoblade Chronicles X immediately entered my mind, although I have no idea what I had to do to progress the story now! Trails of Cold Steel is on my list too, along with Cyber Sleuth and possibly Star Ocean 5. I wanted to get back to World of Final Fantasy too but still waiting on that ps4 pro patch to fix the blurry image ;<
    Also need to get back to FF IX on steam and finish of the Kingdom Hearts 2.5 collection before 2.8. The woes of being a JRPG fan, there's not enough time for all this!

So anyone else taking the next month or 2 to catch up on some games that they just didn't have time to earlier in 2016? Before all the craziness of 2017 starts ramping up xD

• Global Moderator

Haha yeah! Im going to spend the first couple of months just catching up on the games that I have standing next to my console! the "problem" for me as well are that I spend a lot of time just playing MP games with friends and not chewing through my backlog!

• Bah I've got a lot to get through! God of War III, The Evil Within, No Man's Sky, The Witness, Doom, Dark Souls 3, Dark Souls 2, Red Dead Redemption, Inside, Papers Please, Hyper Light Drifter, Last Guardian.. and probably many more!!

• A few years back I seem to beat games a lot quicker, for some reason it's taking so much longer even to beat a fairly short 10 hour game.

Started playing FFXV on day one and I think I've only gone a couple of days without playing and I'm only on chapter 5.

it's tough but try not buy anymore games until.you've gone through what you have otherwise the backlog may not be worth playing.

• Right now I'm coming up on the last quarter of Pokemon Moon and there are a lot of games in early 2017 I'm excited for (Yakuza Zero, Nier Automata, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc.) And a few from the past month or two I haven't gotten to yet (Last Guardian, Final Fantasy XV), but I still have a lot of games I want to give proper attention to.

Dragon Quest VII is great, but it's massive. Once I'm done with Pokemon it will have my undivided attention, since I want to have it wrapped up before I start with Dragon Quest VIII.

I still haven't even launched SMT IV Apocalypse since buying it months ago, and it's very high on my priority list.

Then there's a few other games I started but never finished I want to get back to, like Dragon Quest Builders, Digimon Stories: Cyber Sleuth and Dark Souls III.

There are so many excellent games lately it's hard to keep up. And it's only going to get harder in 2017!

• games in my back log that i gotta finish just on current gen systems

windwaker
    twilight princess
    xenoblade chronicles x
    tokyo mirage sessions
    fallout 4
    the phantom pain
    tales of zesteria
    fariy fencer f
    omega quintet

• there's no beating the backlog, it just keeps growing and growing faster than games can be played, add to it series, movies, anime and books backlog, and you've got a monster that's just best left ignored.

• I'm trying my best to lose the fat on my backlog before February and the upcoming tidal wave of awesomeness coming our way, but I doubt I'll manage.

Games I'm currently in the middle of:

• Pokémon Sun
    • Batman: Arkham Knight
    • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
    • Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
    • Titanfall 2
    • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice
    • Star Fox Zero

Games I want to play/buy soon:

• Hyper Light Drifter
    • Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
    • Rise of the Tomb Raider
    • The Wonderful 101
    • Bloodborne
    • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

Yeah, not gonna happen.

• @robert7lee said in Tackling the backlog.:

it's tough but try not buy anymore games until.you've gone through what you have otherwise the backlog may not be worth playing.

This is where I'm at now. There were a bunch of games I would love to play in 2016 but just didn't have the time. I wanted Dishonored 2 but November was a crazy month and I knew I wanted to play FFXV more so I just waited. Also won't be picking up The Last Guardian for a long while because I'm still playing XV and will be for a while. I just need to finish it by January 24th so I can get Kingdom Hearts 2.8.
    It just hurts to think about all of the games I don't have time for.

Owned Backlog:

• The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
    • Bloodborne
    • Banner Saga
    • Shadowrun: Hong Kong

Wishlist Backlog (most of these will probably never be played):

• Uncharted 4
    • Gravity Rush Remastered
    • Dishonored 2
    • Mirrors Edge Catalyst
    • The Last Guardian
    • Deus Ex Mankind Divided
    • Watch Dogs 2
    • Rise of the Tomb Raider

• The real issue is when you start replaying games numerous times instead of dealing with enjoyable unfinished game.
    A good idea would be to tackle the shorter games first before heading out to an 100 hour open world adventure / RPG

@Tragosaurus said in Tackling the backlog.:

This is where I'm at now. There were a bunch of games I would love to play in 2016 but just didn't have the time. I wanted Dishonored 2 but November was a crazy month and I knew I wanted to play FFXV more so I just waited. Also won't be picking up The Last Guardian for a long while because I'm still playing XV and will be for a while. I just need to finish it by January 24th so I can get Kingdom Hearts 2.8.
    It just hurts to think about all of the games I don't have time for.

Owned Backlog:

• The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
    • Bloodborne
    • Banner Saga
    • Shadowrun: Hong Kong

Out of your list I haven't played Bloodborne. I don't remember Shadowrun Hong Kong taking very long and was able to play whilst catching up on podcasts.

Banner Saga probably the 2nd longest on there but same with Shadowrun as it doesn't take up much resources on PC I was able to play whilst watching podcasts or shows. It helps that they're turned based.

The Legend Of Heoes Trails in the Sky is handy to have on handheld, I might not have beat it if it wasn't. It's the game that took me longest to get through out of your list.

All great games and worthy of your free time IMO.

• @robert7lee Yeah that's why my backlog scares me so much, they all require so much time.
    I know Bloodborne can take a long time but I don't plan on 100% it or anything, just a casual run through so it shouldn't be too bad.
    I played Shadowrun: Dragonfall and really enjoyed it, I figure its fairly similar and I don't remember it being a huge time commitment.
    Yeah Banner Saga seems like a good game to play while watching something else.
    Trails in the Sky is probably the game I want to play the most, unfortunately that game sounds like a bear.

• Current 'to-play' list size: 935 video games.

• Got Mad Max and Wolfenstein The Old Blood to play through. Likely gonna do Wolfenstein first as that could be beaten pretty quick. Then give Mad Max a go in January by the looks of it.

I also brought Mortal Kombat XL and DBZ Xenoverse recently too. But I primarily brought those games to play causally here and there. Not actually beat them.