Last movie you watched

• Last week, watched both Mad Max Fury Road And Brazil with Ian and Huber's commentary track.

• @TokyoSlim That'll help you in the next round of the director draft :D

• @Faaip I mean, I've seen both before. Theatrically even! I just specifically watched it with the EZA commentary

• Also George Miller didn't make the list! Or we'd have watched The Never-ending Story 2 last week.

• @TokyoSlim Oh nice! Yeah George Miller would have been a good pick

• @Faaip it would have been weird watching Babe 2: Pig In The City back to back with Road Warrior.

• @TokyoSlim Heh true, but both are great movies.. at least the first Babe is, I don't remember the second

• I need to re-watch Fury Road, got a hand me down surrounded sound system (grandma wasn't letting my grandpa use it) and I think the only real thing I've blasted out of it is Doom

• Finally saw Rogue One. Thought it was perfectly solid. Some great set-pieces were let down by an occasionally clunky script. I also thought they should've slowed down a bit to let the characters breathe a little more, rather than jump from location to location as quickly as they did. Overall a solid B.

• Does Calamity Jane count if I haven't finished it?

• I'm going to be seeing like 30+ films in the next 25 days. Working the film festival. Last night the staff capped off some day drinking by watching Bad Black, which is a micro budget home video action comedy movie out of Uganda.

• The Big Sick:

Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) wrote and starred in a semi autobiographical rom- com about falling in love with his wife, Emily V Gordon, whom then got sick and was put into a medically induced coma.

Most hilarious gf in a coma movie I've ever seen.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUQRjlRBwWi/

Youtube Video

• Importing the bluray of "Your Name" as it has english subtitles.
    Other then that got the bluray for Digimon Tri Reunion, the first of a 8 part movie series, also they got most of the old english dub cast back.

• Saw Hirokazu Kore-eda's After The Storm. A film about a novelist with writers block, who's a compulsive gambler trying to get his life back together, reconcile with his ex-wife and son, the memories of his deceased father's gambling problem which tore his family apart, his aging no-nonsense mother, and an impending typhoon which brings them all together under one roof for a night of reckoning.

Youtube Video

• Just came home from Alien covenant..... not a good movie imo sadly. its worth watching but not in a theater and spend that much money on it

• Not a movie but the Samurai Jack series finale, felt a bit rushed (really should have been a hour) I'm satisfied.

• Saw Alien: Covenant last week

Absolutely loved it, think it's easily Ridley Scott's best film since Black Hawk Down in my view.

Michael Fassbender's performance made the film for me, absolutely spellbinding in it, a truly chilling, insidious performance. Honestly think it was a nigh-on Oscar worthy performance in my view.

Loved Katherine Waterston as Dany too, perfect for the role, only slight negative was the finale which I felt was a tad rushed (but the actual ending after fantastically well done and suitably ominous) but the rest of the film is truly incredible.

Can see why some wouldn't like it though, if you wanted an Alien film in the originals mould (stuck on a space ship/station with an Alien) then I can see how you could be disappointed. But for me personally, this was a much fresher, more original film than repeating the Alien/Alien 3 setup again.

Also want to mention the music, love the sparse, mysterious interludes with sometimes classical nods to the original film.

Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes too :)

• I saw GotG2 again, this time with my family. My mom was very confused by the premise. Described Gamora as "just an angry son of a gun!".

• @DisturbedSwan I saw it Friday night and I totally understand your points but I just couldn't get over the fact that the whole movie hinges on this group of scientists and astronauts being the most incompetent space crew in existence. Exploring an unknown and uncharted planet without space suits? Seriously? That's just the tip of the iceberg of stupid things that crew does but it is the one I absolutely cannot excuse. I know you need at least one character who is careless to make this happen, that's fine, but nothing makes me believe these people were qualified to be part of a space/terraforming crew if they go into a foreign ecosystem without spacesuits. It's inexcusable. The acting in the movie is superb, I'm glad it wasn't just a rehash of the Alien formula, the cinematography is quite gorgeous, and it adds a lot to the Alien universe, but there were a lot of flaws and plot holes. This movie died for me when they expected me to believe that this group ever got chosen to be part of a space crew. Dany is maybe the only one who is capable at all. The Prometheus crew looks like geniuses compared to the Covenant crew and it made it impossible for me to enjoy the movie. I'd probably have to give it a 'B'.

Cerified Fresh, with a 73% from critics and 64% from audiences, sooooo... don't go in with too high of expectations.

• @TokyoSlim Looks interesting. How was the acting? In general I find Japanese live-acting to be too forced, but just the filmmaking itself seems to be more naturalistic than the pop crap I see ads for around Tokyo and stuff.