Last movie you watched

• A quiet place is about the jump-scariest thing I've seen in a while, but super good. Tension ratchets up nearly unbearably. It earns the jumps, but if you're real sensitive to that, there's like 8 of them.

Audio cues and scoring is top notch
    Monsters are cool.

• Saw it too over the weekend, one of the best horror movies I've seen in a long while, very original and cool premise and perfect execution.

• Rampage. It, along with SFII: The Animated Movie and Mortal Kombat, is the best movie based off a game. I had a wonderful time.

• Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle

Far better than I expected it to be, and I much preferred it to the original which only had Robin Williams going for it.
    In terms of video game movies, this one continues the trend of movies inspired by video games being far superior to movies based on them.
    I also appreciated that the ending didn't go completely in the direction I expected. Also surprised that I didn't hate Kevin Hart, but Jack Black really did steal the show.

8/10

• Was gonna go out and watch another movie last night after dinner, but took a nap and then watched Queen of the Damned on Netflix. RIP Aaliyah

• Finders Keepers.

Probably the most cliche horror film I've watched in 5 years. It did nothing good, and what it copied, it didn't do well. You'd have to be a complete newcomer to enjoy this one

• @tokyoslim I used to listen to that soundtrack on repeat...

• @inustar I had forgotten that Jonathan Davis (of Korn) wrote a lot of the songs on the soundtrack, but couldn't perform them due to contract stipulations.

• @tokyoslim Yeah, he did it in the movie but wasn't allowed to for the soundtrack release. It's great trivia to have... I don't get to use it much since no one likes that movie.
    I do really like the use of different singers on the album.

• He also cameos in the film as a scalper trying to sell tickets to the Lestat concert for $200

• Avengers: Infinity War

The film premiered at least in Finland today. This was very good. The Russo brothers (again) know what they're doing. Thanos is essantially the star of the movie. His presence is truly captivating, I really liked him and how much he was on the center of everything. The threat level couldn't be any more red with him, but he still manages to be presented as a whole character.

I won't say much otherwise. There are a few really neat and/or shocking surprises which I did not see coming. And please, stay after the credits, you know this already. This might have been my favourite post-credits scene so far during the whole MCU. Sorry for the hype. :)

• Nice. I'm seeing it on Sunday night. I'm hearing good things about it!

• I was able to catch an advanced screening of Infinity War on Wednesday and I gotta say... it lives up to the hype. Lots of great fights, some really neat team-ups, and events occurring that were much different from what was rumored to happen. Also, I love, love, love the actual ending - not the post-credits scene, but the ending itself. Not my favorite Marvel flick but it's certainly the most epic.

• The Endless

Two brothers who, a decade before, escaped from a "UFO suicide cult" return when they receive a mysterious video tape in the mail.

Youtube Video

I liked it a lot. Low budget horror/ mystery. Written, starring, directed, and edited by a duo of filmmakers Benson and Moorehead, whom apparently Guillermo del Toro tweeted about loving their last movie "Spring" .

They were in attendance, and seem like very nice, helpful and supportive directors too.

• Global Moderator

Watched "Gifted" last night with Chris Evans and so on. It was happy and sad. Quite... Hollywood-esk at times with the story but I liked it! Definitive worth a watch if you dont know what to watch.

• Infinity War was good. See it in a theater full of enthusiastic people.

• Finally got around to seeing Isle of Dogs and man did I love that movie. It was witty and emotional and just so darn artistic. If you have a pet dog I can't see how you wouldn't get a kick out of this movie

• @tokyoslim I liked it. As with most monster films the more you see of the thing the less scary it becomes. However one of the better horror films ive seen for a while. Not to many good ones around this time. Especially with a fresh idea

• I watched 2 movies this weekend - which is a major departure for me.

The first was The Hateful Eight. I am still trying to decide how much I liked this one. The first two hours were incredible and, while my reasoning for this is quite broad, I still don't want to say because it could be a spoiler. The last hour, I felt, did not live up to the standard built by the first two. It was not bad but it was just not at the level of the rest of the film.

The second was Smokin Aces and I have absolutely decided that I do not like this movie. It felt like the director equivalent to Rebecca Black tried to recreate Snatch but ended up with an even worse version of Rat Race. The acting was ok but that made it even worse because that meant it wasnt' even funny-bad.

• Saw Starwars episode 8 recently, since i missed it playing in my local cinema.
    Can't really say that i liked it, so much felt forced and/or missplaced.