Last movie you watched

• @tokyoslim Yeah, he did it in the movie but wasn't allowed to for the soundtrack release. It's great trivia to have... I don't get to use it much since no one likes that movie.
    I do really like the use of different singers on the album.

• He also cameos in the film as a scalper trying to sell tickets to the Lestat concert for $200

• Avengers: Infinity War

The film premiered at least in Finland today. This was very good. The Russo brothers (again) know what they're doing. Thanos is essantially the star of the movie. His presence is truly captivating, I really liked him and how much he was on the center of everything. The threat level couldn't be any more red with him, but he still manages to be presented as a whole character.

I won't say much otherwise. There are a few really neat and/or shocking surprises which I did not see coming. And please, stay after the credits, you know this already. This might have been my favourite post-credits scene so far during the whole MCU. Sorry for the hype. :)

• Nice. I'm seeing it on Sunday night. I'm hearing good things about it!

• I was able to catch an advanced screening of Infinity War on Wednesday and I gotta say... it lives up to the hype. Lots of great fights, some really neat team-ups, and events occurring that were much different from what was rumored to happen. Also, I love, love, love the actual ending - not the post-credits scene, but the ending itself. Not my favorite Marvel flick but it's certainly the most epic.

• The Endless

Two brothers who, a decade before, escaped from a "UFO suicide cult" return when they receive a mysterious video tape in the mail.

Youtube Video

I liked it a lot. Low budget horror/ mystery. Written, starring, directed, and edited by a duo of filmmakers Benson and Moorehead, whom apparently Guillermo del Toro tweeted about loving their last movie "Spring" .

They were in attendance, and seem like very nice, helpful and supportive directors too.

• Global Moderator

Watched "Gifted" last night with Chris Evans and so on. It was happy and sad. Quite... Hollywood-esk at times with the story but I liked it! Definitive worth a watch if you dont know what to watch.

• Infinity War was good. See it in a theater full of enthusiastic people.

• Finally got around to seeing Isle of Dogs and man did I love that movie. It was witty and emotional and just so darn artistic. If you have a pet dog I can't see how you wouldn't get a kick out of this movie

• @tokyoslim I liked it. As with most monster films the more you see of the thing the less scary it becomes. However one of the better horror films ive seen for a while. Not to many good ones around this time. Especially with a fresh idea

• I watched 2 movies this weekend - which is a major departure for me.

The first was The Hateful Eight. I am still trying to decide how much I liked this one. The first two hours were incredible and, while my reasoning for this is quite broad, I still don't want to say because it could be a spoiler. The last hour, I felt, did not live up to the standard built by the first two. It was not bad but it was just not at the level of the rest of the film.

The second was Smokin Aces and I have absolutely decided that I do not like this movie. It felt like the director equivalent to Rebecca Black tried to recreate Snatch but ended up with an even worse version of Rat Race. The acting was ok but that made it even worse because that meant it wasnt' even funny-bad.

• Saw Starwars episode 8 recently, since i missed it playing in my local cinema.
    Can't really say that i liked it, so much felt forced and/or missplaced.

• @e_zed_eh_intern I personally loooooove Smokin' Aces, but I would not argue it's a good movie at all. It's just the right amount of bad that I enjoyed it. I've heard the sequel is somehow worse though, if that's possible.

• @sabotagethetruth Ha, fair enough! I think I just should have known what to expect after nobody I knew was too thrilled by it. And we all have guilty pleasures - I recall being super into sky captain and the world of tomorrow when I saw it.

Also, there is a grocery store right by my office that makes incredible cookies that I most certainly eat every day.

• I watched Batman Ninja – It`s bad. Story: Gorilla Grodd uses a device that send the Bat family and rogue gallery into “Anime” Japan during the Sengoku period. Getting over the top really fast and reaches some Tengen Toppa scale in ridiculousness but only in checking every anime cliché or something what westerns would think of despite having a (mostly) Japanese staff. Character design is nice and art style is solid despite being 3D animation. But animation feel and probably is at around 10fps which looks terrible. Also getting some characters wrong, especially Damian Robin behaves like a young Dick Grayson.

• The new Spoiler Mode of Infinity War on Patreon was really, really good. Almost two hours and no filler talk. A solid, passionate conversation from all four around the table. Loved to see and hear their takes and interpretations. Ideas for future and all. Damiani is clearly heavily invested in MCU, which I love as a kindred spirit. And the others, too. Ian's often a cynic like he says himself here, and to see him this impressed felt pretty damn good. And I don't want to spoil more of the Spoiler Mode, but Kyle's story at the beginning. Damn. Thumbs up for sharing.

• I haven't been in much of a game playing mood but I have certainly been watching some movies!

Isle of Dogs
    Wes Anderson is one of my favorite directors so I don't know why I waited so long on this. Well, I do know why - I didn't care much for Fantastic Mr. Fox and I was worried this would be in a similar vein. Nope, this movie is absolutely lovely and quite possibly the most visually impressive thing I've ever seen. While the story still isn't too incredible, I liked a lot of the characters and some of the music usage here was just top tier. 2nd favorite film of this year.

A Quiet Place
    One of my favorite things about horror in general is sound design so when you have a movie that is all about sound, chances are I'm going to have a really good time. There's some really clever implementation of sound, such as it cutting out when shot from the perspective of the deaf girl, or when two of the characters are dancing while listening to music. Sure, there's some plot stuff that doesn't make a lot of sense if you think about it too hard, but it's just a fun, entertaining monster movie.

Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2
    Infinity War has me flying high on the Marvel hype train so I decided I'd visit some of the older films I haven't seen yet. While I like this one, I don't think much of it is going to stick with me. Most of it I just view as done decently without much else to say. The only real stand-outs are Yondu/Michael Rooker and Rocket Raccoon, both characters knock it out of the park.

• Watched You Were Never Really Here.
    Tough watch. I understand the conceptual goal of the audio mix, it being representative of the disassociation and violence, and being overwhelmed by a mental illness, but in practice, it was super fatiguing. The film itself plays out like a version of Taken, from the point of a person with PTSD suffering delusions and suicidal depression. If that doesn't sound interesting to you, I'd probably skip it. :)

One of those moviesI'm glad I saw, but am never going to watch again, and am hesitant to endorse everyone seeing.

Also watched Infinity War again.

• @tokyoslim Yeah, the trailer didn't really sell me on that one, especially with all of the emphasis on the hammer.

• I'll be watching 30+ movies between now and June 10th. It's film festival time!