Last movie you watched

• Banned

Funeral Parade of Roses, a beautifully shot Japanese 1969 experimental, slightly pretentious arthouse film themed around identity. I liked it.

• Ant-Man and the Wasp (Finnish opening)

This felt a lot like the first movie. I feel that this corner of the MCU could need more edge to it, like almost a lot more. Now it remains pretty harmless and not that captivating, to be honest.

The real star of this one is easily Evangeline Lilly's Wasp. The character is way cooler and more capable than Ant-Man with her flying-ability, lazerz and shrinking discs. (Though granted, Scott's suit wasn't at 100 % for plot reasons.) Really liked the Wasp a lot. Hope also had a good motive for her actions through the film, and hey, Evangeline is simply beautiful to look at. What can I say, I think she's attractive.

The plot pieces didn't really mix together too well, and for instance Bill Foster felt almost useless to everything, if I dare say so. I liked Hannah John-Kamen, she surprised me in a positive way. And the fight between the Wasp and the Ghost in that chase sequence looked really neat. The way both of them used their different powers all the time while on the move, flying, shrinking and phasing through the cars.

And you know already what that credits scene is. You do. So did I.

• Wrong Turn 1 and 2. An interesting series I've had my eye on for some time. It's alright I guess.

• @sheria I don't think any series truly encapsulates "Straight to DVD" better than Wrong Turn. Terrible movies with remarkable shelf life. I hate-respect them.

• @naltmank said in Last movie you watched:

@sheria I don't think any series truly encapsulates "Straight to DVD" better than Wrong Turn. Terrible movies with remarkable shelf life. I hate-respect them.

I kind of know what you mean =) Meh, I think I'll watch the rest anyway.

• Last movie I saw was Den of Thieves and I didn't really enjoyed it.

• A Fish called Wanda

I've seen it so many times when I was younger and I love it all the same to this day. I will admit to one thing though, for some reason as a child, I always thought Wanda and Otto's relation as Brother and Sister to be true; I'm thankful I see the truth now...

• Three Identical Strangers

Nearly all of the reviews said something similar, "this is a documentary that has an absolutely crazy story, make sure you know as little as possible going in." After watching it, I've gotta say... this is a documentary that has an absolutely crazy story, make sure you know as little as possible going in. Part of me is compelled to do my own research on this story, but we'll see.

Moon

Directed by David Bowie's son, I remember there being a fair amount of buzz around this when it came out. I've been itching to see more Sam Rockwell since re-watching Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, so what better movie to do that with than one that is 99% nothing but Rockwell? He does a fantastic job considering how much work he needed to do in this film and while I figured things out fairly quickly, I didn't see that as a detriment to this production. Apparently, this is supposed to be the first part of a trilogy, with the next film (Mute) releasing earlier this year on Netflix. Hopefully I can get around to watching that soon as well.

• @sabotagethetruth

First off, Sam Rockwell is a treasure, always a delight (unless he's playing a racist cop, I guess) and in my eyes will never surpass the role of Guy Fleegman in Galaxy Quest.

Mute is an interesting kernel of an idea that devolves into a pretty mundane story.

@tokyoslim said in Last movie you watched:

Three Identical Strangers:
    This is a crazy story. And a pretty good doc.
    Youtube Video

Glad someone else watched this. It's nuts.

• Ant Man and the Wasp. Paul Rudd is always awesome. He definitely made the movie great to watch.

• This Is Spinal Tap

Believe it or not, this was my first time watching this film - although I've certainly seen some of the gags before, like turning the volume up to 11. While I wasn't falling out of my seat laughing, it was well-written and clever throughout, and I surprisingly liked a lot of the music as well. Not my favorite mockumentary (that award goes to What We Do in the Shadows) but it still opened the door for everything after it, so much respect.

• @sabotagethetruth Spinal Tap is my dad's favorite movie. We saw them live at The Beacon when they came to New York during their Unwigged and Unplugged tour, and he sang along to pretty much every song. It was mortifying. I think a big part of the appeal is that they're actually musicians making good (albeit ridiculous) music that fits an era and genre marvelously.

• Wife and I saw Eighth Grade, Sorry to Bother You and BlacKkKlansman back to back to back. 3 great movies, all for very different reasons.

• Deadpool 2: The sequel answered the only good fourth wall-breaking joke of the first movie, it’s McAvoy. Other than that, the humor again only relies on crude or potentially offensive scenes without anything that I would call a joke or a good one. Some pointless scenes or setups that amount to nothing. But the ending was not that bad, except for the Family Guy like the-scene-is-painfully-long moment. And I’ve hoped to see more of Morena Baccarin or at least as much as in the prequel, really disappointing.

• Just watched Zero Dark Thirty, fantastic bomb movie but I still think of it as a conspiracy -_-

• Cowboy Bebop: The Movie

Hoping ya'll caught its return to theaters over these past two days! I had never personally seen the movie (despite loving the show) and it's more Bebop, so I enjoyed it. Some of the music selection, especially towards the beginning, seemed a little... off, but maybe that's because I'm just used to hearing Tank!

• Eighth grade... I wasn't ready for this movie. Having 2 young daughters at home this movie made me profoundly anxious.

On a objective note I think the movie does an excellent job of being real... Even though the tech was not there when I went to Junior high the situations and challenges were all relatable and I found myself reflecting and thinking about my own teenage years during the film. I would definitely recommend this movie

• Just watched Avengers Infinity War (i'm so late on this), man oh man it's as epic as the marketing team led me to believe. Despite not caring or knowing much about Marvel's cinematic lore and watching this in less then ideal conditions, i was entertained more than i expected.

• @sabotagethetruth Spinal Tap is funny until you find yourself in a band opening for a puppet show.. shudder

• Ready Player One. I massively enjoyed this, a beautiful celebration of the awesomeness of pop culture. I don't have much to complain about this, it's everything i wanted and expected it to be: a fun movie. It doesn't care much for anything else other than being just that.