Last movie you watched

• Robin Hood: I'm biased and I love me a good Robin Hood story. This is not really a good Robin Hood Story, but close enough. The leads are charming and hammy, had a good time. 3/5

Creed II: Do you like Rocky movies? Did you enjoy Creed 1? Movie suffers EVER SO SLIGHTLY by not having Coogler direct, but not enough to make it a bad Rocky movie. Go see it. Rocky/5

• Border:

"A customs officer who can smell fear develops an unusual attraction to a strange traveler while aiding a police investigation which will call into question her entire existence."

While it's best to go into this probably not knowing more than that, I think several of the performances in this film are pretty great. I think narratively certain things weren't made clear enough, as I had to explain something plot- wise to the entire rest of the group I was with. I think we all generally liked it though. 3/5

Youtube Video

• The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.

The vignette style leaves this somewhat uneven, but well shot and mostly enjoyable. I think it's a scene too long, but I think it's a solid 3.5/5

• Cam.

An interesting film with a hard to like, slut of a protagonist, but there's some genuine intrigue created by its premise and delivery. The ending is terrible though, it really doesn't pay off.

Hangman

A terrible film really. It held an interesting premise, but they didn't utilise it well whatsoever. When there's films like Seven out there to compare it to, it's just a bit of a joke really.

• The Christmas Chronicles

Kurt Russell is a good Santa, but with that beard , I just kept seeing The Thing. Kids will enjoy it. 2.5/5

• What happened to Monday

I really enjoyed this film. Its cast was great, it has an interesting premise that it sees through well and there's honestly a lot that keeps you on the edge of your seat. My only complaint is that it is sadly kind of predictable, at least to me.

• Bohemian Rhapsody

Obviously, some great music in this film but I didn't leave it feeling as great as I imagined. Malek does an excellent job portraying Mercury on stage, especially during the Live Aid concert, but the melodramatic scenes always felt kinda awkward. I basically loved everything in the movie that focused on the music and creation of it and lost interest with the personal drama.

• This post is deleted!

• Only the Brave
    Really enjoyed this one, as I tend to like movies that are based on true stories. It was interesting to learn about the Granite Mountain Hotshots and expresses the gravity of forest fires in a realistic way.

Crimes of Grindelwald
    I am a dedicated Harry Potter fan and this movie disappointed me. I wanted to enjoy it more, but Rowling is just pushing the limits on the story. Johnny Depp had a great performance as well as Eddie Redmayne, but the movie fell short in to many areas. Lots of magic, not a lot of beasts. i have no clue where this franchise is headed.

The Meg
    Movie about a giant shark with bad acting. Worth the watch

The Grinch (2018)
    Cute new take on the Grinch story. Expect the hilarious stupidity of an illumination movie and witty writing

Mission Impossible: Fallout
    I love the Mission Impossible movies, especially numbers 4 and 1, and this movie fit in great. The action is over the top with its own stunt style, "they will never make it", heart pumping moments. The story connected with the 5th movie, which was a plus in my book. I think it may be time to end them, only because it may be the next Fast and the Furious, but I enjoyed this one a lot.

• Creed 2

Rocky IV is one of my personal favorite films (even with its 80s cheese lol) , so it was super cool to see them revisit that portion of Rocky lore. Strong focus on family and humanizing even the opposition. Will add it to my personal collection.

• Widows:
    Pretty good heist thriller. Some standout performances, Viola Davis is a really good actor. Daniel Kaluuya is kinda scary. Not transcendent or anything though. Slow in parts, the big "twist" is a bit telegraphed. Solid. 3.5/5

Spider-Man: Into the Spider Verse: Chromatic aberration aside, best Spider-Man movie.

• The Favorite:
    i think the acting, dialogue, costumes, humor, and cinematography is great. I just don't think I gel with Yorgos Lanthimos for some reason. This is clearly his most accessible film, and its nice to see Emma Stone in a good movie - its just not my speed for some reason. 3/5

Burning:
    I saw this with someone and it was not ambiguous enough to appeal to her sensibilities, and TOO ambiguous for mine. 2.5/5

• @tokyoslim I'm seeing The Favourite this weekend. I enjoyed The Lobster but not Sacred Deer as much. Looking forward to this one

• Tomb Raider (2018)

Cool set pieces and action. Kinda masochistic, like the reboot it's based off of. Mediocre story, acting... but at least a tomb was raided. 2.5/5

• @tokyoslim 100% agree. It was probably my fault for expecting a lot out of a video game movie.

• The Witches
    The Mask
    Jingle all the Way
    Goodfellas
    Demolition Man

• Pacific Rim Uprising:

I actually think this is a more enjoyable, more narratively sound version of the original, which I wanted to love, but just thought it was ok. 3/5

• I went from liking Vox Lux's first 20 min, to laughing at it when it just abruptly ended (I assume from suffocating to death from having its head up its own posterior) Sia songs were ok, costumes and makeup were good. 1.5/5

• This post is deleted!