Last movie you watched

• Cold War:

Sometimes love doesn't work out that well. Paris is overrated. Don't go to Polish prison in the 1950s. Black and White cinematography done right. A pretty good use of 88 minutes of your time.

4/5 stars

Youtube Video

• Nice, I'm going to try and see that this weekend

• Watched 30 mins of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them while on the plane. I gave it a chance but i ended up feeling bored and underwhelmed. It didn't do anything interesting and also felt lifeless. I just had a straight face the whole time, it's like watching nothing.

I immediately switched to The Grand Budapest Hotel, which already made me smile in the first minute. This movie has been in my backlog since forever, i need to continue watching it soon. Only watched like 8 minutes of it and I'm so ready to watch more. Gonna be the first Wes Anderson movie i watch.

• GBH is, in my opinion, the best Wes Anderson movie to date, and has both an appealing superficial story and execution, and also so much technical complexity and cinematic nerd depth I could probably do an entire college course on it.

• I was finally able to see They Shall Not Grow Old. Its an absolutely incredible documentary and I think may end up being Peter Jackson's most important work due to the lack of good mainstream WWI documentaries compared to other subjects, WWII especially. Its a must see for those with interest in WWI but I think everyone should try to see it if they can. What they achieved through the restoration, colorization, foley work, etc is really incredible and successfully closes the time gap between the old footage and today..

The 30 minute making-of documentary after the credits was fascinating as well. I love how Peter Jackson casually states that he pulled dozens of authentic uniforms, weapons, artillery pieces, and magazines from his own personal collection for the colorizers to reference. My new life goal is to become his friend hehe

• How to Train Your Dragon 3.
    I have enjoyed the series more than most recent Disney/Pixar movies and this was an ok flick to end the trilogy.
    7/10

• @tearju-engi yeah it was just an ok movie, after seen it I figure that I expect to much out of the movies, because I feel the first one was pretty good and I like the concept so much that I think it could be much more, but I guess it is just not meant to be.

• Free Solo in IMAX:
    I'm a little afraid of heights, and this doc made me grip the arm rests. 4/5

The Boy Who Would Be King:
    From the director of Attack The Block. Pretty much just aimed at 10 year old kids. Was ok. Selection of previews before the movie really weirded me out.
    2.5/5

• The Mule:
    Hmm. Clint Eastwood is a good director, but I think he should stop doing "gruff, unlovable, racist learns a lesson" movies. Bradley Cooper not Oscar snubbed for his role as cardboard cutout DEA agent who unknowingly bonds with drug mule over work/life balance issues in a diner.

3/5

• Reign of Superman. I really enjoyed it to be honest and I am not the biggest S-man fan. I liked how he was more humanized and I really enjoyed seeing the other Supermen handle the situations of the world. Yeah, there were some minor issue like watching the JL just stand there staring at a collapsing portal and the lack of the Titans but other than that it was a fun run. Loved watching the multiple Supes beat the ever living hell out of one another XD

• The Favourite

The only other work I've seen from Yorgos was The Lobster and with all the buzz around The Favourite, I may have set my expectations too high. That's not to say this film isn't enjoyable - there's some genuinely funny moments and some of the manipulation at hand is entertaining to watch. Overall though, this film wasn't as strange or as memorable as The Lobster and the end was a little bizarre. Worth a view, maybe not worth the price of a movie ticket though.

• Oscar
    A comedy about a gangster who is trying to go straight because of a promise but everything is happening under the roof. Starring Sylvester Stallone.
    It's worth watching just being a rare type of genre from him alone and John Landis directed it.
    7.5/10

• Banned

This post is deleted!