Last movie you watched

• Saw The Great Wall last night and it was pretty entertaining visually but very light on Plot, Matt Damon and Willem Defoe were good but not enough to save the film from seeming like one extended CG test, a good pop corn movie if you want to just chill out but dont expect anything to taxing.

• I showed my lady friend my favorite movie of all time, Who Framed Roger Rabbit. She tried to apply human logic to it, and ended up not liking it. It hurt me real bad :|

• @Ruaidhri18 that's what you get for having human friends. I hope you've learned your lesson!

• @Ruaidhri18 I didn't know it was possible to dislike that movie. Definitely a classic in my eyes.

• @TokyoSlim I know, time to end things and go back to online!

• @SabotageTheTruth I know! It hurt me so much in the inside

• Last night I watched Fight Club for the first time. It was a bit different for me to go into a movie knowing the twist at the end, but I still enjoyed it. I was really surprised by the amount of humor in it. Not to say it's a funny movie, but moments like

watching Edward Norton beat himself up through the security cam in the parking garage

I found really funny.
    I noticed a certain tone from the movie that's a bit hard to explain, like you could tell the story was originally a book. Maybe it was a tinge of surrealism, especially in the final scene.

Great movie, it's one that I could see myself watching again, which is not something I say about most movies. Even ones that I like.

• @Doctor-Professor I also knew the twist of the movie going into it like a decade ago, but it's still shot in such a way that keeps it interesting.

I had the pleasure of watching it in a theater for the first time last month. It definitely still holds up as a good movie, although my ideals have changed a lot since the first time watching it.

• A nice chunk of Terminator 3.

May have not lived up to the first two films. But T3 still has its moments.

• Man, there was a lot of talk in certain circles about a year and a half ago about how the "future of video game movies" hinged on one big hit film, and how the renaissance of comic book movies could be starting to happen to video game film franchises as well. At the time, the upcoming Duncan Jones helmed Warcraft film and the Fassbender/Cotillard Assasins Creed films were looked at as potential features big enough to usher in this new golden era of "good" video game movies.

WELP.

I saw Warcraft at release, and I just finished watching Assassin's Creed and... keep waiting. Probably for TLOU.

• Seeing Kong: Skull Island later on tonight, and Get Out tomorrow night with some friends. Busy movie weekend for me. I still need to fit Logan in there somewhere, but I'm traveling for a few days starting Monday. Might have to wait until I get back.

• Kong is pretty fun. I kinda wish they hadn't spoiled literally every funny line in the movie and every other non-Kong creature on the island in the trailers tho. Still, was decent. Fun tie-ins to other films.

• Saw Logan on Friday with my bestest buddy, both of us big comic nerds.
    I honestly can't think of how they could have closed out the Wolverine saga any better. It was a perfect melding of two iconic Wolverine stories and was not only a great superhero film, but a great film in general.

I only hope that Fox doesn't fuck this streak up. Deadpool was amazing, and if it wasn't for Apocalypse being a raging dumpster fire of a movie I would have said they were five by five for awesome X-Men movies.

• @Doctor-Professor Yes! That is one of my favorites. I'm glad you were able to experience it. It actually has some pretty intense philosophy behind it. I saw it when I was a lot younger, but yeah, I knew the twist going into it as well. Doesn't make it any less awesome, though.

• Saw Get Out and Moana tonight.

Both were great.

• Watched Kilo Two Bravo this morning.
    I liked it; it's very tense, if a bit slow at times.

• just got back from beauty and the beast it was good changed a bit but kept mostly the same. the music wasnt as good except the song with the beast by himself.

• I watched Ghost in the Shell and Boss Baby today. I enjoyed both far more than I initially thought I would. If you have low expectations, these movies will be pleasant surprises. I actually think Boss Baby might actually be like... GOOD. I don't want to sell it short, but it's got a lot of heart and is well animated.

• Global Moderator

I watched Ghost in the Shell. As a huge fan of the anime I really liked it due to a lot of iconic scenes and hint to the series. However, it didnt really add anything to the universe so that was a little disappointed. I would say its well worth a watch and there were bits where I just smiled ear to ear seeing things, but I could also tell what would happen most of the film.

• I watched the new Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie yesterday and i must say i was pleasantly surprised. I was, and still am a big fan of the original 3 seasons. I'm a big nostalgia nerd, and with the incredible bad trend of bad nostalgia movies as of late (Transformers, GI-Joe, Ninja Turtles), i was very pessimistic about this movie. I thought it found the right balance between honoring the show and earning it's own spot. Most of the action was at the end of the movie, but i felt that there was a good amount of character building before that, i liked the pacing. The rangers suites them self looked better then i thought, but they still look weird, also the Zords look very bad. But still, this movie was SO MUCH fun. I can't wait for the next movie, which was obviously teased in the end.

It's Morphin Time !