Anyone else buy games that you may never play or not play for years?

• This really doesn't happen with console games as they never quite go on sale as much as PC games, but man do I have a huge backlog of PC (steam and gog) games!

Just bought Spelunky, Transistor and Shadowrun Dragonfall on PC, not sure when I"ll ever play them, but I do hope to one day

Anyone else like this? If they go less than $5, I will almost always pick up a game on my wish list isthereanydeal.com is a savior and a curse!

• You have no idea XD

• 133 games in steam, may have played 30 of them.

console games it doesn't happen as much, but it does happen, I can see Folklore right now in my stand, just mocking me.

• Not so much on retail copies of games, but when it comes to digital titles on PSN and Steam? Dear god....the backlog might out live me.

• I still have copy of "The Legend of Dragoon" on PS1 that I haven't touched.

• It's never really ever been my intention to, but it has and does happen from time to time.

Over a year is very rare, but sometimes I just never quite feel in the mood to start that particular title and before you know it, months have gone by. I'm never bothered by what I could have saved by waiting though, as it's quite common for me to start it a day or two after the purchase. It's just an unknown factor really, and I can afford to gamble by grabbing what I want day one so that it's there on my shelf should I suddenly want to start it.

I don't personally go for sales though myself though. I find that if I'm questioning if I want a game or not, I don't really want it. While I do have games on my shelf that I bought months ago and have yet to start, I know that they are things I like and I feel a strong desire to play all of them; there's nothing there that I just bought on a whim just for the sake of it. That's what I tend to see when people are shopping in sales (especially digital), they'll go snapping up loads of things solely because they're cheap, or sometimes, just because it's free.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.