The Houdini of His Gen: How Will Bosman Escape This Time?

• I'm going to start off by saying that Kyle ALWAYS honors his bets. But what I love about it is that he settles them ON HIS OWN TERMS. Make no mistake, Kyle Bosman has already formulated an ingenious method to stream Zelda: A Link to the Past in a way that will make the previous bet specials look amateur in comparison. So, how do you think the Great Bosman will escape this time?

My guess: There was no mention of "how" Kyle was to stream the game. He could easily make the game window really tiny where it's impossible to tell what's happening. The contract also mentioned "in no MORE than 3" streams. It really should have stated "In exactly 3 sessions" (or however many Huber wanted). He'll probably manage to get away in just 1 session like the master that he is.

Bosman will hold the Slusser Cup soon again... :trophy:

TL;DR: I really wanted to see Huber Puppet Theater :heart: But I can't wait to see what Kyle has up his sleeve.

• Kyle actually likes Link to the Past. He just doesn't think it's the best in the series. It definitely has stupid little tropes like the 3 pendants/7 crystals, and it doesn't have anywhere near the charm of entries in the series like Wind Waker or Link's Awakening. I don't think there are going to be any tricks here, and I don't even think he's not going to enjoy it.

But if I were to concoct a scheme, I would start by not providing a link to the stream in my tweet. I would also probably run the Any% route and be done with it in 5 minutes.

• Well, the Bet is a full complete playthrough, so I don't think the guys would let him out of it.

Also, I don't think he'll do anything to get out of it beyond streaming at a weird time. He seemed a little "against" the rumor that he weasels his way out of bets, so I could see him really embracing this one just to be contrarian.

• @Stormcrownn I agree that Kyle would probably do a stream that stays true to the spirit of the contract, but I just love watching his mischievous side.

• Can't he speed run it?

• @ObbyDent He totally could if he's able to. Has Kyle ever speedrun a game before?

• I don't think Kyle's the kind to weasel his way out of things so much as the kind to cruelly subvert expectations.

Imagine an escape artist who puts on two amazing shows. He becomes famous worldwide, breaks many records, goes on all the talk shows, the works. Then the time comes for his third show. Some assistants come out on stage, secure him into a straight jacket, wrap him up in chains, lock him in an unbreakable transparent box, and set up several other impossible-to-get-out-of things before a two minute countdown begins. Then the escape artist proceeds to do absolutely nothing but stare at the audience with a smug look on his face for the entire duration.

That man is Kyle Bosman.

Of course, this hypothetical show takes place at, like, 3 am. There's no question about that.

• @GoshGollyGee Yeah but streaming late at night isn't unlike Kyle to begin with.

He has to finish the stream in 3 sessions though. That would be challenging starting at 3am...

• @GoshGollyGee Lol, you're totally on point with that description. I think the anticipation of what he'll do will be better than what he actually does (which has been true the last two times).

• alt text

I wanted Kyle to win just for the puppet show.

• Well, you see. The deal Bosman signed was based on the prior agreement where Double Down on Don was indeed double down, two points. Only after the signing of Huber's legal documents did he bring up the three points from Don, which does not fall under the original agreement. Double Down on Don means two points, three points makes it Triple Down on Don which it isn't, thus I declare the agreement null and void. Huber must concede and admit defeat, so we can all witness the glorious puppet show.

I am definitely right and have deep insight into legal agreements and contracts. Trust me. Totally.

• The contract only stated that he has to "stream" a complete playthrough from a new save file. It never stated that he has to play it.

• @Dirokia That is brilliant! :bulb: He could either pretend to play or just sit there laughing maniacally.

• @Dirokia said in The Houdini of His Gen: How Will Bosman Escape This Time?:

The contract only stated that he has to "stream" a complete playthrough from a new save file. It never stated that he has to play it.

Uh-oh...

• @Dirokia said in The Houdini of His Gen: How Will Bosman Escape This Time?:

The contract only stated that he has to "stream" a complete playthrough from a new save file. It never stated that he has to play it.

Haha, I was already thinking that when watching Huber read the contract for the first time. He didn't specify to play it.
    He also could use a playthrough of a speedrunner and do it in like an hour or something.

Hopefully Bosman isn't reading this thread.

• Hopefully Twitch has a rule against rebroadcasting streams?

• There's also a glitch in a Link to the Past where you can beat the game in about 5 minutes, I wonder if any of them know about or if they would define that as a complete playthrough.

• @Jamicov said in The Houdini of His Gen: How Will Bosman Escape This Time?:

There's also a glitch in a Link to the Past where you can beat the game in about 5 minutes, I wonder if any of them know about or if they would define that as a complete playthrough.

I thought the terms were that the game had to be 100% completed?

• Couldn't he use a Game Genie or Action Replay, something like that? I don't remember the contract mentioning anything about cheat carts (might have missed it though ^^;) .

• Great find @Dirokia
    You should tweet Kyle, if you want to of course.