Your Top 3 Favourite Games

• I know my number one. I know my top nine. But I forget their order. Oh this is painful. I'm guessing for number 2 and 3.

1. Azure Dreams - It is how my love of mystery dungeon games bloomed. I had only played Fatal Labyrinth before, but with this I figured out the name of the genre with guided me towards other games in the future.
    2. Fatal Frame 2 - Horror games freak me out, but I was able to get through this game. Three times. In a row. Everything about this game is just so perfect and well put together. 10/10
    3. Parasite Eve 2 - Something about this game drew me in. No idea what! But I played it again and again with all the joy in the world!

1. Deus Ex 1
    2. Half life 2
    3. STALKER Shadow of chernoboyl

• River City Ransom

Super Metroid

Civilization V

1. Mass Effect 2

2. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

3. Resident Evil 4

It's really hard to decide on only three games though. There are so many to choose from and I love a lot of them for entirely different reasons. It's hard to determine the value of a game like Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time when compared to something like Spyro The Dragon. Both are dear to my heart but for entirely different reasons. I picked the three above because they had a huge impact on how I view video games in general. And... because I played the shit out of them. I can still play through Resident Evil 4 in my mind when I'm bored.

• In no particular order:

1. Final Fantasy X - Final Fantasy is my favorite game series, so naturally a final fantasy game is going to be one of my top games. I know other FF games are probably above this in quality and universally like more, but for me FFX was my first FF game I've ever played. It has a really special place in my heart. Having played other FF games, it's pretty rough around the edges for some parts of the game, but hands down my favorite because it was my introduction to this wonderful series. Love the characters so much, the environments of the game are awesome, and the music is my favorite music of the series.

2. Dark Souls - The first time I was introduced to this game I was with my best friend and we were looking for co-op games with could play. So we were looking up different games and we came across Dark Souls. Weren't familiar with Demon's Souls, so this was completely new to us. The game had been out for a while at that point, so we just decided to pick it up because it was pretty cheap. And from there, my best friend and I have played every souls game since. The gameplay just sucks you in and you end up playing for hours without noticing. Love the atmosphere and tone of the game. I wish I could erase my memory of playing that game just so I can go back and have that first experience again, because unraveling the mystery of the story and locations is just mind blowing. Love it.

3. Pokemon Sapphire - So pretty much the same deal with FF, I love the entire Pokemon series. Played every game since Blue, and I will continue to play this series until I die. I absolutely love pokemon and that feeling of adventure that it gives you. Exploring, battling, catching and building your pokemon team; so much fun. I chose Sapphire because it was the first Pokemon game I bought with my own money. I worked hard to get that $40, mowing lawns and washing cars. So that one is near and dear to my heart.

• Can I just say that I'm really happy that we've counted so many different games that all have massive qualities.
    It's nice to see so many different tastes getting together and sharing our opinions.

LOVE & RESPECT

• i´m only 17, so a lot of the games i have played just 5 years ago i have not been able to look at critically in any way, so my list is not as expansive in time periods as some of the ones above.

1: Dark souls 1
    i have only ever played this on pc with a keyboard, and yes, the controls suck, but when i eventually learned to play with it i absolutely loved this game. I can still remember very clearly when i beat ornstein and smough, I ran into the living room to my dad and high-fived him. It´s the only game that almost made me yell out loud of excitement, and it just gave me a huge sense of accomplishment that i have never experienced before or after. And after finishing the game twice, i started noticing the actual story/lore of the game, which made me finish it many times over and over again.

2: GTA: San Andreas: This is probably the game i have played the most in my life. I was 5 years old when it came out and i loved it. looking back at it today i can´t fathom how i was allowed to play it, but it was freaking awesome at the time. i´m not a native English speaker, so at least i couldn´t understand what they were saying, but i was still driving arounds Los Santos at 5 years old shooting hookers on street corners. i played GTA with my dad, brothers, and my friends later on. Best party game of all time :). maybe it isn´t the actual game that i love so much, but more the memories, but that is what this game did so well for me, create memories.

3: Dead space 1: I´m usually not a horror guy at all. I have probably watched 5 scary movies in my entire life. But the pure quality of dead space completely sucked me in to that universe, and never have i been so scared and so creeped out one one hand, and on the other hand have so much fun. I love upgrading my stuff, and i love feeling progress, and for me dead space did excactly that so well. Much like dark souls, i found myself getting extremely good and mastering the game to be so rewarding, playing through the game multiple times was very fun because of that, and even though i played through it before and i knew what was coming, it was still really scary and creepy the whole way through. The second one was really fun but lacked the horror, and the third one, in my opinion, was one of the worst games i have ever spent money on.

• Global Moderator

Only three games! This is probably prone to change but anyway.

1. Metal Gear Solid 3 - So the MGS series is easily my favourite series and I think 3 just nails everything, even more so with the subsistence version. It has the best story, we finally get to see Big Boss, having outdoor and indoor environments was so refreshing, one of the best boss fights of all time. For such a linear game, it feels like such a huge open playground. Also the soundtrack is so good, even having a Bond like theme fits the game so perfectly and ending on that beautiful final duel. As a full package, it's the best MGS without doubt for me.

2. Shadow of the Colossus - The main reason I love this game is the tone it sets and the reason you're doing what you do. I said in another thread I like how personal it is, how selfless Wander is. The scale of the game is so perfect. The player feels so small and isolated exploring the environment and then we get to the battles. These huge, skyscrapper sized creatures, that the player has to climb on. It's just incredible. And again.... fantastic soundtrack.

3. Bloodborne - This one is honestly a coin flip, I could have gone for the original Dark Souls. Either way this is Miyazaki doing what he does best. Creating a beautifully grotesque world filled with these eerie, incredible creatures. I think it is the setting that gives Bloodborne it's edge. It's just so well defined. For me personally, I love the combat and the incentive to attack to replenish lost health. It changes a game from being on the defensive to going on the attack. The game also has my favourite boss fights in the souls games. One final thing I loved is the insight. The lore behind it and how it affects the game difficulty and the world is incredible.

I'll refrain from throwing in some honorable mentions just because there are too many games! :)

• Terranigma being in the OP makes me so happy! You rock OP! Amazing game.

As for myself, I don't think I could narrow it down to three games, especially not in order. It would probably include a Final Fantasy game, a Mother game and some other JRPG. Point being, OP, you and I should be friends.

1. Super Mario Galaxy: Man, what to say. When I first played this game, I knew I was playing something special. There was something about it that made it so magical. It transcended being just a game and became an overall experience that I will forever treasure. SMG2 was the same, but SMG1 will always have that special spot in my heart and for that, it's my #1 game of all time.

2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past: Despite Skyward Sword being my favorite 3D Zelda game, my overall favorite Zelda game is ALTTP, and I fortunately have the benefit of not relying on nostalgia for this choice. I beat it for the first time when it was available as a VC game on Wii and even then I felt the magnitude of the game hit me like a wall of bricks. It's a classic experience that I don't think will ever age poorly. It's so easy to get sucked in and play over and over again, and for that it's #2 for me.

3. The Wonderful 101: To this day, I don't think there has been a better final boss battle that I've experienced than the one in this here game. Truly mind blowingly incredible. By the end of it I was standing in front of my TV absolutely absorbed in the finale. Such an incredible game, a true shame it was overlooked.

• @Paragon said in Your Top 3 Favourite Games:

For me, in no particular order:

Shovel Knight
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    Mass Effect 2

A good selection of games. I have to cheat just a little lol.

No particular order

Modern Warfare 1 and Killzone 2
    Final Fantasy X
    The Last of us

• 1. The Legend of Zelda (NES, 1987)
    alt text

Probably the game that got me into video games. Not my first game ever, that would be Super Mario Brothers, but the first game that grabbed my attention. I pick it up every year or two and it still holds up after all these years. Total blast!

2. Shenmue (DC, 2000)
    alt text
    This is sometimes listed as my number one game of all time. At this exact moment it is #2. I still remember the precise time and place I picked this game up. My buddy and I were hyped about this game since before the Dreamcast came out. Shenmue had a huge impact on my life, I can't say that about many other games...

3. Diablo II (PC,2000)
    alt text
    This would probably be my "desert island" game, I never get sick of it. I'm sure I've put in thousands of hours into this game. Even to this day it is still the best hack and slash game ever made. Far superior to Diablo III too.