Easy Update - Official Discussion Thread

• I really love Ian's skits, they're the best part of the show. When he isn't forced to come up with a bunch each week he's really spot on almost every time he delivers a joke, at least for my taste.

• On one hand I enjoy Ian's show, it's hit or miss but the hits go all the way - the car episode and the one with Don were awesome. On the other hand I really miss what Mandatory Update used to be before Elyse left GT. I really liked having some gaming news out there in a quick video. It's cool in the podcasts but by the time they're out it's not news anymore.

• Ian is great with the fast and the loose. Easy Update hits the mark for me. I like Ian. He just don't give no shit.

It'd be great for you to host a biweekly like MU: Nights, Ian. I loved that show. Totally. Unbelievably. Absolutely.

• Updated the OP with Episode 12!

• they missed out on those south african ladies!

• @ObbyDent said in Easy Update - Official Discussion Thread:

they missed out on those south african ladies!

Their ice cream was probably better.

• Loved the new episode, so chill. Also, gg Brad for dispersing the :bird: pigeons! :D They're basically just rats with wings.

• Yes! Outdoor episodes are absolutely the best, I just love seeing LA area like this with Ian and his friends. And this one with Brad and the beach was just so chill. A nice summer episode.

Also:
    "We don't know what the fuck there is to do around here."
    "I don't know. I just play video games." :)

• I'm literally the same when anyone asks me what there is to do around my country. ahahah. Well done Ian (and Brad)! Loved the episode. :two_hearts:

• what the hell, that opening song is amazing

• I felt uncomfortable for Brad, walking around in all black on what looked like a very warm day.
    Very enjoyable episode though.

• That was an awesome episode and was the classiest pigeon dispersion i've seen, i hate pigeons, even Skyline Pigeon.

• I wonder how many tweets Ben is actually going to get because of this episode.

• @DeweyDTruman I imagine a lot. I'm guilty myself!

Also, that was some sweet B-roll.

• Best B-Roll of all time.

• The ghost is obviously someone who wasn't filmed, so it has to be...

alt text

• Twenty-three minutes of bizarrely constructed and sometimes nonsensical concentrated power of happiness. I really loved that there were some jokes that got developed through the entire segment, a show that long can feel like it falls apart at some point but having callback references (B-roll footage, the camera ghost) helped keep everything together. I wonder if Easy Update is edited by Ian or someone else. I'm guessing Ian, I would be surprised if anyone else could capture that very particular energy and aesthetic style in editing.

• Surprising amount of dislikes on this episode.

• @Hoken Yeah, Easy Update has always been the most divisive of the EZA shows much like how post-Elyse departure Mandatory Update was the most divisive GT show just because it refuses to solidly conform to any one format or theme. That said, this episode was really well constructed and had a lot of internal consistency, so to see so many dislikes is unusual. Maybe non-Allies found it by searching for E3 floor footage? Don't really know what's up with that, but their loss.

• @alexwhiteplays it's probably either the length (not a valid reason to dislike imo) or the whole last segment which I'd say is valid but it's very brief and just the ending so you could just turn it off there. I wasn't particularly annoyed by it so didn't think others would be either.