Easy Update - Official Discussion Thread

• I totally agree, Ian's usual personality in front of the camera has a lot of theatrical flair at times, and their sense of humor tends to often be forced awkwardness or ironic distancing. I like that stuff too, and I've loved every episode of the show so far, but putting Ian in a more domestic setting where they can peel back some of that was a joy to see. Natural environments seem to bring out the genuine side of people, and that really came through in this episode.

• @alexwhiteplays Exactly. Being in a comfortable setting with people you love tends to show the best side of you (from my experience at least). It really doesn't hurt that the natural setting is gorgeous.

• @Brannox Yeah I really enjoyed this one more so than the others for the exact same reasons. A really nice change of pace and the episode just flew by as a result! Good stuff Ian, keep it up.

• It's a real dichotomy with this ep and last ep in terms of location.

I really hate the LA for being a literally cement city. Barely see trees anywhere (except Jones's backyard?). Lots of trees in this hometown.

• @Whoaness Los Angeles is WAY bigger than just the city. It's an entire county that covers a few hundred square miles. It can be a beach town like Santa Monica, a metropolis like downtown LA, or a canyon town like Topanga (not saying Jones lives here, I have no idea where he lives). It gets a bad rap sometimes for being so insanely huge, but it's a cool place. Even as a New Yorker, I can admit I'd like to try living there :P

• Updated the OP with this week's episode, "Go! Pokemon, Go!"

• Was that song in the intro an original by Ian? I can't get enough of it.

• "Make a LOUD noise!" :)

• This latest episode was classic. Plus we figure out what was on Ian's shirt during the podcast!

• I said this in the Patreon feed but I'll say it slightly differently: This was just the most AWESOME thing. EVERY facet of this was sooooo well done. The setting, the editing, the music, the cameos. THE CAMEOS!!! The Satan bit is making my face hurt. SO MUCH. Once again: Mr. Hinck, you sir are a wonderful genius. Thanks to you and everyone else that contributed to this.

• I am disappointed they did not have a Sophie cat in Hell.

• I wasn't sure why Brandon would be Satan - but I guess he does have that silver tongue. Also the cameos by Brad and Huber were hilarious! How did they keep a straight face throughout that?! Haha

• This special Hell episode of Easy Update was fantastic. It gave me sort of a Being John Malkovich mixed with Coherence vibes, which are the types of movies I really like. Seeing most of the Allies there doing a great job was a treat. Props to Ian and as a big Don fan myself, go DON! :D Would have loved to see Bosman and what character he would have played. There are more good things I could get into but I'll keep it short. 10/10 episode for me!

• @23Skiddoo Honestly, I really would have loved Kyle playing the devil, I think it suits his persona well. Maybe he was camera ghost?

• A highlight for me was definitely seeing Sarah as future Ian. She nailed a lot of their expressions and sayings perfectly, it was hilarious to watch.

• @23Skiddoo said in Easy Update - Official Discussion Thread:

This special Hell episode of Easy Update was fantastic. It gave me sort of a Being John Malkovich mixed with Coherence vibes, which are the types of movies I really like. Seeing most of the Allies there doing a great job was a treat. Props to Ian and as a big Don fan myself, go DON! :D Would have loved to see Bosman and what character he would have played. There are more good things I could get into but I'll keep it short. 10/10 episode for me!

Bosman was the dead body.

And I laughed so hard when he stepped over the body

• This was awesome.

• Yea such an amazing episode.

• Ian and Don Go To Hell is the best episode yet. Loved it!

• Who has the best dance?

Youtube Video

I think Bosman has the most elegant dance, but Huber is passionate and full of emotion.