Anime! Who's watching what?

• alt text
    Hello my fello Allies since there seem to be a few of us that like to watch anime I figured I'd make a place for us to talk about them here. So let's share what we are watching and if you'd like leave a description of it as well.

My Hero Academia: a superhero show of sorts that Stars the main character Midoriya Izuku a boy who dreams of being a hero but was born quirkless ( quirk being their superpower) in a world where people have a high percent of being born with a quirk. After an incident with a villain he meets the number 1 hero All Might who chooses him to inherit his quirk One for All and helps him join a school that teaches kids to become heroes.

So that's my show now let's hear yours whether it's new, old whatever let's talk anime!

• I've been watching My Hero Academia a lot too actually, it's been very interesting so far and I quite like the characters, especially Gravity girl and Tsu because they are just adorable. Grade A waifu material for sure.

But my favorite anime at the moment has to be JoJo's Bizarre Adventures. I've been binge watching all the previous seasons and am really digging the connection between them, not to mention that the animation is top notch and the style is probably it's biggest selling point along with the humor. I've actually fallen for the series so much that I want to pick up the JoJo games.

Other anime I've been watching have been Kuma Miko, Bakuon, Ace Attorney (though seeing the first game being portrayed in both the series and the movie is a bit of a let down), Flying Witch because it's a really great good vibes show, and Aggressive Retsuko which I highly recommend everyone check out. It's a short anime about a Red Panda working an office job getting P.O. at her crappy job and anything else that sucks about life.

• I watch My Hero Academia too. Too, bad it's only 13 episodes long because it feels like it's just starting.

Also "Re:zero -Starting Life in Another World". A guy suddenly finds himself in another world and everytime he dies he starts again from a "checkpoint" until he survives and get's into the next situation with a new checkpoint. It's hard to make something out of a premise like that without getting repetitive but they are handling it really well and the changes on each try are pretty big so it doesn't make you watch the same scenes over and over again. There will be 25 episodes and the third arc just started.

• Already listed it all out in the What are you watching? topic, but @Dragonhunter mentioned Re:Zero, which is what I consider to be the best show this season. (spring) Beyond that, I'm watching lots of other stuff, good and bad, that would appeal to various kinds of people. Spring season has been pretty strong in that there's lots of decent shows.

• Last night's Easy Allues E3 Awards has me wanting to watch Casshern Sins. Apparently it is like Mega Man.

Rewatching some Panty and Stocking because it is dumb fun. Cowboy Bebop because best anime ever. One Punch Man because one punch, man. Watched Wolf Children with the gf recently and it was great.

Yeah. I have pretty pleb-tier taste in anime.

• I'm new to the Anime genre and my sister recommended NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind to me and i really enjoyed the movie, i think i'll stick to movies before i try them crazy series... Do you guys have any recommendations for me what to watch next ?

• Black Jack tv series, much MUCH worse than the manga but still enjoyable.

Yuru Yuri Fun and relaxing I enjoy it.

Mushi-Shi Wonderful and Beautiful anime

• @Erik I would recommend Paprika, Ghost in the shell and The Garden of Sinners 1-7

• Pokemon season 1, dubbed. It is absolutely terrible and I love it.

• I'm slowly getting my fiance to watch Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. He's not huge into anime, but occasionally something catches his interest. Prior to this it was strangely Fairytale, which he surprisingly enjoyed, though not enough to watch 175+ episodes, but we did get through 3 seasons.

• @Erik
    First just go through every Studio Ghibli movie. They are the safe bets.
    After that, yeah, if you still want more try Ghost in the Shell, Vampire Hunter D, The Girl who leapt through time, Akira, Wolf Children, and Tokyo Godfathers.

• @Erik Besides what @Dragonhunter recommended you, which I totally agree with, you could also try Mardock Scramble. If you want to watch other Ghibli films besides Nausicaa, Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away are my favourites (though all of them are great to be fair).

• Since the start of the year I've been watching one episode of Naruto a day, skipping filler. I'm in the middle of the Tenchi Bridge arc. It took me a while to get into but it's really grown on me, even if it does move at a snails pace some times.

• Fist of the North Star was the first manga that I read. After that Toonami on Cartoon Network and now Adult Swim was the gateway drug for me. I can remember watching Neon Genesis Evangelion, Giant Robot Week, and both Dragonball & DBZ. I might be a total noob but I can't afford crunchroll and other streaming services due to college debt.

• Currently watching loads of shows. Each season I go to randomc.net to read their previews and I choose the ones that seem the most interesting or based on mangas I read. Then after the classic 3 eps I decide what I stick with.

This season it's:

Kotetsujou no Kabaneri
    Kuromukuro
    Macross Delta
    Flying Witch
    Tanaka-kun wa itsumo kedaruge
    Sousei no onmyouji
    Bungou Stray Dogs
    Kiznaiver
    Mayoiga

I also need to finish RahXephon, MSG: The 8th MS Team and Gurren Lagann.

• @Vexchaneu I apologize in advance.

Youtube Video

• Just recently watched Gundam the origin III Dawn of rebellion.

definitely stepped up in a lot of ways, really satisfying.

though the collectors edition is pretty pricey i found it to be worth it
    alt text

• @parasitepaladin apology exepted

• @Dragonhunter Thanks for the reply, Paprika looks amazing ! I'll try those movies for sure.:kissing:

• Re:zero -Starting Life in Another World & The Asterisk War are the two im following.

Although the Asterisk War just ended its second season on a bit of a cliffhanger, and they haven't confirmed season three yet.

Definitely going to check out My Hero Academia & Aggressive Retsuko. @ChaoticMeltdown.

I haven't watched Cowboy Bebop or One Punch Man, tried watching the first episodes of both of them and couldn't get into it. Same thing with Vikings actually. Maybe I should force myself into episode 2 & 3...