Anime! Who's watching what?

• @DarkenRaul1 FMA brotherhood is coming to Crunchyroll in sept i think. they have the licese for subbed and dubbed if u can hold out...

Re:Life was ace! gutted it only ran 13 eps as I felt it could have been longer. Will have to switch to the manga and wait for it to be adapted :(

• This post is deleted!

• @Light said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

I want to start on the Fate/ series but now I don't know where to begin. Should I watch the two newer series and skip the first adaption? If so, should I watch the prequel first? Either way I'm apparently spoiling things from the other option.

Its a tough choice either way - going chronologically with the release order or with the events in the timeline. I started with the Studio Deen version of fate/stay night which was ok but not great. I guess I kept watching it for its surprising story elements and battles which papered over the the numerous cracks. Fate/Zero on the other hand was awesome and I definitely recommend that show (but watching it first will spoil stuff for the others). As for Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade works, I got bored and never finished it. Partly because I'd seen the similar earlier adaptation and movie version but also because it didn't compare to Fate/Zero, so why bother? better fights and animation probably.

TL;DR
    Fate/stay night: UBW, but if it bores you then skip to Fate/Zero but ymmv

• watching D.grayman right now trying to catch up to the new series. Im also watching some of the current stuff but my initial excitement for the season has once again waned

• I'm a good third of the way through ReLife and I'm really enjoying it. It plays up to the millennial generation having no prospects a bit too much but otherwise it is entertaining to watch.

Most importantly though I would say it is one of the best representations of teenage life and the emotional rollercoaster it can be that I have ever seen. The use of Kaizaki being a 27 year old in the body of a 17 year old works really well when they explore these aspects. With him looking back somewhat fondly at when such things seemed like the end of the world.

Overall it is a bit weird but it has the right mix of slice of life crossed with sci-fi along with equal parts drama and comedy.

• Just started Red Data Girl. Really love the artwork so far!

• Just started watching Lupin the 3rd part 4.

Edit: The show is amazing!

• Anyone watch that pilot for Under the Dog? What did you think? I was a backer, however i though it was pretty good.

• @Bigdude1 I heard about that, but completely forgot to go looking for it. Thanks for the reminder!

• Every year I always forget all the anime i've watched that year so this year i've decided to keep a LIST of all the anime i've started, have finished, and am currently watching. There are some anime that were on there that i watched maybe the first 3-4 episodes of but were removed if they never grabbed me so list is pretty much every anime id recommend watching this year.

I think my favorite of the year tho has def been Space Patrol Luluco.

• Still watching ReZero but damn the main character got so annoying since the beginning of the third arc. I really have to force myself through these episodes right now just for that little bit of hope that it's going to be better again.

• @Dragonhunter That's how I've felt, but I think the painful arc is over now.

• I don't really feel like any of the currently airing ones are my cup of tea so I'm currently rewatching One Outs for like the 4th time (not in a row) and I'm planning on trying out some older shows like Birdy Decode, Claymore, King of Bandit Jing, Baki the Grappler and Space Adventure Cobra.

• Himouto, Umaru-Chan, I'm actually seen it because I remembered seen it on Ben's twitter account. I haven't laughed this much in a while.

• @Light Have you finished Red Data Girl? I watched that earlier this year and loved it, really wish there was more though.

• finale week! so jazzed to catch up on mob psycho, thunderbolt fantasy and re:zero

• I'm currently watching JoJo Diamond is Unbreakable; and after weeks of putting it off, I have finally caught up to Love Live Sunshine.

• I just finished season 1 of Durarara!
    It was unexpectedly great! I watched the first episode a couple days ago, just on a whim.

There was no way for me to say no to Shizuo and Celty. They were great.

• @Inustar 2x is on Netflix if you're so inclined. I can attest that it's certainly entertaining, just don't expect it to be a revelatory experience.

• I used to follow so many series years ago, but at this point I'm still hanging on by a thread to Naruto. Really looking forward to next week's episode. Looks like we should finally be getting near the end and getting some good animation. Hyped!