Anime! Who's watching what?

• @Erik I would recommend Paprika, Ghost in the shell and The Garden of Sinners 1-7

• Pokemon season 1, dubbed. It is absolutely terrible and I love it.

• I'm slowly getting my fiance to watch Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. He's not huge into anime, but occasionally something catches his interest. Prior to this it was strangely Fairytale, which he surprisingly enjoyed, though not enough to watch 175+ episodes, but we did get through 3 seasons.

• @Erik
    First just go through every Studio Ghibli movie. They are the safe bets.
    After that, yeah, if you still want more try Ghost in the Shell, Vampire Hunter D, The Girl who leapt through time, Akira, Wolf Children, and Tokyo Godfathers.

• @Erik Besides what @Dragonhunter recommended you, which I totally agree with, you could also try Mardock Scramble. If you want to watch other Ghibli films besides Nausicaa, Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away are my favourites (though all of them are great to be fair).

• Since the start of the year I've been watching one episode of Naruto a day, skipping filler. I'm in the middle of the Tenchi Bridge arc. It took me a while to get into but it's really grown on me, even if it does move at a snails pace some times.

• Fist of the North Star was the first manga that I read. After that Toonami on Cartoon Network and now Adult Swim was the gateway drug for me. I can remember watching Neon Genesis Evangelion, Giant Robot Week, and both Dragonball & DBZ. I might be a total noob but I can't afford crunchroll and other streaming services due to college debt.

• Currently watching loads of shows. Each season I go to randomc.net to read their previews and I choose the ones that seem the most interesting or based on mangas I read. Then after the classic 3 eps I decide what I stick with.

This season it's:

Kotetsujou no Kabaneri
    Kuromukuro
    Macross Delta
    Flying Witch
    Tanaka-kun wa itsumo kedaruge
    Sousei no onmyouji
    Bungou Stray Dogs
    Kiznaiver
    Mayoiga

I also need to finish RahXephon, MSG: The 8th MS Team and Gurren Lagann.

• @Vexchaneu I apologize in advance.

Youtube Video

• Just recently watched Gundam the origin III Dawn of rebellion.

definitely stepped up in a lot of ways, really satisfying.

though the collectors edition is pretty pricey i found it to be worth it
    alt text

• @parasitepaladin apology exepted

• @Dragonhunter Thanks for the reply, Paprika looks amazing ! I'll try those movies for sure.:kissing:

• Re:zero -Starting Life in Another World & The Asterisk War are the two im following.

Although the Asterisk War just ended its second season on a bit of a cliffhanger, and they haven't confirmed season three yet.

Definitely going to check out My Hero Academia & Aggressive Retsuko. @ChaoticMeltdown.

I haven't watched Cowboy Bebop or One Punch Man, tried watching the first episodes of both of them and couldn't get into it. Same thing with Vikings actually. Maybe I should force myself into episode 2 & 3...

• @Inustar Thanks, I'll check them out, I've heard many good things about them Ghibli films.

• I generally find that fewer and fewer shows appeal to me each season, but out of the currently airing shows I'm watching Jojo and Hero Academia. JOKER GAME is okay and I'm gonna give Sinbad no Bouken a go. The rest I either dropped or doesn't appeal to me.

As for what else I'm currently watching:
    Tetsuwan Birdy Decode
    SDF Macross
    Space Adventure Cobra

@Erik said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

I'm new to the Anime genre and my sister recommended NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind to me and i really enjoyed the movie, i think i'll stick to movies before i try them crazy series... Do you guys have any recommendations for me what to watch next ?

As good entry level stuff I'd recommend:
    Vampure Hunter D : Bloodlust (the english dubs are good as well, I honestly prefer them)
    Sword of the Stranger
    Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal (actually a miniseries with 4x 30min episodes, but it can be watched as a movie)
    Akira
    Studio Ghibli movies
    The Princess and the Pilot
    Ninja Scroll

@Vexchaneu said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

Black Jack tv series, much MUCH worse than the manga but still enjoyable.

All that show did was made me want to rewatch the OVA.

• Right Now?
    Flying Witch - Very mellow, slice-of-life show of a witch in training in the modern world.
    Tanaka-kun is Always Listless - Low key comedy of a very lazy high school student and his friends.
    Sakamoto Desu Ga? - Haven't you heard of Sakamoto?
    Macross Delta - It's Macross so I'm obligated to watch it. S'okay so far...

Recommended for Newcomers
    Macross Plus - Basically Top Gun: The Anime but with mecha. Has an amazing soundtrack. Movie is faster paced but OVA has dubs. Should be easy to find.
    Record of Lodoss War - Literally D&D: The Anime. It's pretty slow but beautifully animated and easy to follow along without getting too lost in the exposition. Might be harder to get.
    Cowboy Bebop - The quintessential introductory anime series. :thumbsup:

Some Old School Stuff
    Porco Rosso - Kind of a forgotten Ghibli classic, it has a cursed pilot turned into a pig and sky pirates!
    Slayers - Genius sorcerer Lina Inverse blows s*** up!
    City Hunter - Hard-Boiled: The Shonen Anime
    Maison Ikkoku - A grounded rom-com by the creator of Inuyasha.
    Ranma 1/2 - A not so grounded rom-com by the creator of Inuyasha.

• Just watched Venus Wars for the first time in about 20 years. Its still as amazing now as it was back then. Hidden gem. Watching berserk awell it rocks

• @Erik The Evangelion movies are pretty good they're essentially a rebirth/retelling of the original Neon Genesis Evangelion series. Titles are Evangelion 1.0,2.0 and 3.0 with a fourth and final one to be released eventually.

• I'm currently watching..

Kiznaiver which I think is incredible
    My Hero Academia which I'm also greatly enjoying
    Re:Zero I just started watching with my girlfriend.
    Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders which I was a bit lukewarm on at first with how much it differed to the incredible first season but it's growing on me.
    Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting! not too far into but really like so far.
    Durarara!! again, not too far but really liking it.
    Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic solid so far

Also really looking forward to Food Wars coming back and I just finished Fate/Stay Night the other day.

• I'm waiting for that Love Live! Sunshine!! joint in July. can't wait for it.