Anime! Who's watching what?

• I don't really feel like any of the currently airing ones are my cup of tea so I'm currently rewatching One Outs for like the 4th time (not in a row) and I'm planning on trying out some older shows like Birdy Decode, Claymore, King of Bandit Jing, Baki the Grappler and Space Adventure Cobra.

• Himouto, Umaru-Chan, I'm actually seen it because I remembered seen it on Ben's twitter account. I haven't laughed this much in a while.

• @Light Have you finished Red Data Girl? I watched that earlier this year and loved it, really wish there was more though.

• finale week! so jazzed to catch up on mob psycho, thunderbolt fantasy and re:zero

• I'm currently watching JoJo Diamond is Unbreakable; and after weeks of putting it off, I have finally caught up to Love Live Sunshine.

• I just finished season 1 of Durarara!
    It was unexpectedly great! I watched the first episode a couple days ago, just on a whim.

There was no way for me to say no to Shizuo and Celty. They were great.

• @Inustar 2x is on Netflix if you're so inclined. I can attest that it's certainly entertaining, just don't expect it to be a revelatory experience.

• I used to follow so many series years ago, but at this point I'm still hanging on by a thread to Naruto. Really looking forward to next week's episode. Looks like we should finally be getting near the end and getting some good animation. Hyped!

• I finished Ga-Rei Zero this week. It's an excellent, excellent show that you don't want to be spoiled for. Most I've felt for characters in a while. The premise is fighting Japanese demons, but the character interactions are the appeal. The leads have some of the best voice acting I've heard in a while.

It is a bit problematic that they imply amorous intent between the two adoptive sisters. Especially since it's usually coming from the older one. Thankfully it doesn't affect two many scenes (although the director still has a leering eye). Anime.

• I just watched Ore Monogatari, what an utterly joyful jolly show, at about episode 6 I was wondering how they could possibly keep the show going for 24 episodes but it kept me watching, super cute show.

• Digimon Adventure Tri baby!!!!!

My god I was excited for another chapter, and at least I've found them to be really good, they are really doing justice to the original Digimon in my opinion.

• Just finished the Dangan Ronpa anime. Didn't sleep for a little while, but I loved the characters (especially Ishimaru).

• Food Wars!! Season 2 ending was so good
    Also finished New Game!, Sweetness & lightning, Amanchu!, Rewrite, Qualidea Code, Ange Vierge
    Summer 2016 was, in general, pretty good

• Yep, watched Food Wars season 2 finale yesterday. I really wish we got more than 13 episodes this season, but oh well. :)

• Just finished the first season of Mob Psycho 100 and really dug it. In general I have a super weird relationship with anime - I was a fan when I was in elementary/early middle school, but then became super disillusioned by it and grew to hate it by like 7th grade. One Punch Man kind of brought me back into the fold this past year because of the way it both openly mocked tropes while at the same time being reverent of them. In a way, it reminded me of an anime Edgar Wright movie, if only in the manner of its parody. Mob Psycho was very much in the same vein, which I really appreciated.

After One Punch Man, I watched Paranoia Agent this past summer (I really like Satoshi Kon, an overlooked talent that's gone too soon) and absolutely loved it. Living in Japan now has made me realize how incredibly perceptive and on point he was in his commentaries about society in all of his works.

Now with Mob Psycho done for the season, I'm trying out Death Note, since that was another one that I missed during my anti-anime phase. I'm on episode 11 right now and like it so far, but I'm curious to see if it can maintain this pacing for the next 26 episodes. A lot of the series that turned me off of the genre had a huge pacing problem, in that they stretched a story out for far longer than they should have (can you guess which one is my least favorite?), but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Kind of interesting watching a show where I actively hate everyone involved, and the music is far too epic for what's actually going on (a choir singing while the main character ate a potato chip in slow motion made me pause so I could finish laughing), but the central cat and mouse game is pretty fun to watch. We'll see how the rest of it goes!

• Legend of the four Kings. 90's Anime goodness. They don't make them like that anymore. I'm gonna start Neon Genesis or Cowboy Beebop next havent decided what one yet.

• @FutureCorpse have you not seen Bebop yet? It's only like 26 episodes. I'd definitely hit that before Evangelion.

• @TokyoSlim I just started getting into anime again recently. I mostly watched it from the early to mind 90s I've got a lot of catching up to do

• Since nothing that is currently airing has really grabbed me I decided to back and check out some older stuff I had but never got around to watching.
    So far I'm really digging Master Keaton , it's a very nice show to watch after getting home from work since it's not too dark and you can just kick back and relax. Good vibes.
    Other stuff I'm planning on checking out this week is City Hunter, Patlabor, You're under arrest, Overman King Gainer, Gunsmith Cats and Orphen.

• Watching Casshern Sins and Assassination Classroom