Anime! Who's watching what?

• @Haru17 For all the dumb trash that usually breaks out into the mainstream, we're not too bad off if JoJo becomes popular.

• @Haru17 I can dig it, man. I've definitely been that way about other shows, and I definitely do that with music all the time (e.g. went to listen to Roundabout after the episode and got foolishly upset at all the "WHO ELSE IS HERE BECAUSE OF JOJO" comments). No hard feelings.

• I would just like to say that a new season of Natsume Yuujinchou just started, and if you don't know what that is, you should immediately go find out and watch your way through. It's like actually good Yokai Watch for adults instead of children, extremely comfy slice of life with great music and vibe. If you like stuff like Mushishi, this should be right up your alley. I'll leave the season one OP and ED, so you can have a peek of what you're in for.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fST-KSaA7vE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnjS7DZYjhM
    Just starting this season, finding other stuff I like too, but I've been watching this series since 2008, and it's legacy has been a great source of relaxation and meditation that I hope can help others in this community too.

• YURI ON ICE. I love it so much after the first episode alone, I'm totally hooked. I've got a weakness for sports anime. Also season 2 of Bungou Stray Dogs, I'm really enjoying seeing some of Dazai's past.I really can't wait until the western authors all hit the scene (Besides Fitzgerald and Montgomery)

• @michemagius More like Yaoi on Ice. Nah, first episode was great. I know they know what they're doing with some of those shots in the ED and last scene of the first episode and such, but it should still be a pretty good watch if I can mentally set the pandering aside. Plus, you've got your whole classic rooting for the underdog situation going on. A little annoying how they play with his weight so much for comedic effect, fat when they wanna joke about it, but skinny when he's skating, then fat again right after for comedic relief again. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and it's hard to gauge exactly how good of shape he's actually in, whether they're exaggerating the fatness or fitness. Strangely this isn't the first anime I've watched about figure skating, but the production values are pretty on point, so if nothing else it's good eyecandy. I don't mean the men either.

• First episode was great, so I'll for sure be watching more of this.
    Youtube Video

• Fellow Anime Allies, be sure to watch Drifters this season:

Youtube Video

Love and Respect

• First trailer for "Little Witch Academia" tv anime
    Youtube Video

• @PrinceofTheUniverse That says January, right?

• @Haru17 I beleive so which is sooner than I was expecting :)

• @PrinceofTheUniverse Hmm, I wonder when it'll make it onto Netflix, then. Also, it's reportedly composed of 30-minute episodes, but I don't know how many episodes it actually is. There's a big gulf between 12 and 25.

I think Japanese (Girl) Harry Potter is the most I've enjoyed a series by Trigger, so I'm somewhat hopeful for a longer format version. I hope it has more too it than Gurren Lagann and more of a budget than Kill la Kill.

• There's rugby and ice skating shows this season, so maybe my dream of a hilariously niche Australian Rules Football anime showing up out of nowhere is less unrealistic than I originally thought...

This season's Brains Base show (Watashi ga Motete Dousunda) is a reverse harem comedy, and those are always a blast so I'll jump on that at some point. There's enough "what the hell" in the description of Luger Code 1951 to make me want to get on that train at some point too but outside of those I'm not too interested in this season's offerings.

Except Tiger Mask W. I need to see that and it better be awesome.

• @Draven4 said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

You could try Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! Female lead and very funny. :grinning:

• I just marathoned Days because of my serious Sports anime problem (I can't help but love a good underdog story). It's pretty good, Tsukamoto can be kind of annoying at times but I'm rooting for him all the same.

• Watched Big Order, it was pretty lame which was really disappointing because I absolutely adored Mirai Nikki

there was no rhythm, rhyme nor reason to the series, it felt like they were just making it up as it went along and you dont end up caring about any of the characters

which again, is a shame beause I really loved all the messed up characters in Mirai Nikki, a series that can make you genuinely root for creepy stalkers & terrorists is a really well written one

• @Sieghardt said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

Watched Big Order, it was pretty lame which was really disappointing because I absolutely adored Mirai Nikki

there was no rhythm, rhyme nor reason to the series, it felt like they were just making it up as it went along and you dont end up caring about any of the characters

which again, is a shame beause I really loved all the messed up characters in Mirai Nikki, a series that can make you genuinely root for creepy stalkers & terrorists is a really well written one

@Sieghardt , yeah, Big Order was the biggest disappointment of the last few anime seasons for me, it's a shame, I had high hopes :(.

• I've just started watching Spice and Wolf. I only have a few episodes left of the first season. It's definitely not for the fan who needs a lot of action in their anime. But if you don't mind a more character-focused narrative with a lot of talking, it's pretty excellent. So far, at least. I have watched enough anime to know that just because a series starts well doesn't mean it will necessarily end that way.

• @Caleb_Aranda Fair warning, that show is technically still ongoing, and it's been quite awhile since the last season. It got burnt hard by people not buying the Blurays and watching the episodes online apparently, because I remember them running scrolling tickers during the third season I think asking people to please not download the episodes online. So, you might not be getting an ending to that anytime soon if ever.

• Natsume Yuujinchou is back! Hype!

• I watched the 1st episode of Keijo!!!!!!!! on Crunchyroll today, I'm usually not into sports anime but this is nothing butt awesome and busting with humor, I will continue to watch it.